Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How common is this and does it mean much?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    Naw, I have absolutely no gender issues. Male, with the genes and the junk to prove it. I just like women's clothes even though I'm not a woman, and I've been fascinated with such clothes as long as I can remember.

I know people who like to wear superhero outfits, yet they know that they're not really superheroes. Same thing.
    It's NOT the same thing at all. I wore superhero and cowboy costumes as a kid. But, they were Superman and Hoppalong Cassidy outfits!
    I wouldn't have been caught dead in Annie Oakley or Supergirl outfits until I began dressing 50years later!
    That's when my "fascination" began!

There's a reason why males that crossdress r considered trans by professionals!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Curiosity and opportunity were my main incentives to try women's clothes. With no sisters I had only my mother's things with which to explore my curiosity aboout how those clothes would feel - and none of that curiosity hit me until I was about 13 when opportunity arose. It was then that an elderly relative who lived with us died and simultaneously, due to school timetables, I found I had the house to myself on two afternoons a week. When girlfriends came along a year or so later it was an opportunity to satisfy my curiosity by finding out what they wore - and how it differed from my mother's clothing. This was endlessly fascinating: I learned so much about the intricacies of female dress from the great variety of underwear - belts, girdles, bras, slips, etc - to the girls' experience of and feelings about different styles of skirts and dresses - and what it was like to wear them. It was quite a few years later that the opportunity arose to acquire some of my own female clothes and experience for myself all those feelings I had learned about as a teenager.

I started wearing panties, skirts, and a bra and top. I didnt think or feel anything transgender, I’m a guy who wears what makes me happy. We?re all on a spectrum, and its about enjoying what makes you happy, as much or as little as you like.

Funny, I tried my mother's pantyhose and swimsuits as a child, never her shoes or boots. So I guess not every crossdresser nor boy does it. I developed a love for women shoes later, after seeing them on actual women, not wearing them.

I remember ReineD talking about one of her sons trying her heels as a small child. He just wanted to be taller.

I often think when I am dressed, this is great! Every man should dress as pretty women! It is awesome! Once I saw myself as a pretty woman I was in it for life!
    Last edited by Joanne108; 01-01-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Another good question would be: how many male crossdressers didn't first get the idea to try female garments on their own? IOW, either someone else dressed them or there was peer pressure to try something on.
    I identified as a CD for most of my life, so I guess I can answer this excellent question, sort of. l do not know the numbers, but I'd guess that most came to it on their own. That was certainly the case for me. From as early as I can remember, I'd wanted "girly" things. Way before it could have been any kind of fetish, I wanted pretty clothes, long hair, painted nails. etc.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

My Journey

I was about four when my mother dressed me in a white shirt and red plaid shorts and my sister in a similar white shirt and the same red plaid, but a skirt instead of shorts for a Christmas photo. I remember that I really wanted to wear the red plaid skirt. All through my childhood, I always had an eye on what outfits girls were wearing that I would love to try on; but never having the opportunity. Finally, when I was about fourteen, I tried on a pair of my sister's green silk panties. Oh my gosh! I would then periodically try on her panties, skirts that were in the laundry. As I started dating in college, I shared my secret with her and periodically wore her panties and began building my own collection. I married her. I now have a collection of panties, camisoles, women's jeans, corduroys, skirts and dresses, boots, heels. I underdress every day, even to the pool with my French pedicure toes. At 64, I am not so worried about what people think of feminine side.I was about four when my mother dressed me in a white shirt and red plaid shorts and my sister in a similar white shirt and a the same red plaid, but a skirt instead of shorts for a Christmas photo. I remember that I really wanted to wear the red plaid skirt. All through my childhood, I always had an eye on what outfits girls were wearing that I would love to try on; but never having the opportunity. Finally, when I was about fourteen, I tried on a pair of my sister's green silk panties. Oh my gosh! I would then periodically try on her panties, skirts that were in the laundry. As I started dating in college, I shared my secret with her and periodically wore her panties and began building my own collection. I married her. I now have a collection of panties, camisoles, women's jeans, corduroys, skirts and dresses, boots, heels. I underdress every day, even to the pool with my French pedicure toes. At 64, I am not so worried about what people think of feminine side.

You are intrigued, you try something on and if you enjoy it you try on again and so it begins. Some do some don?t.

I didn?t really try on too much of my mom?s clothing as I didn?t really start trying things on til I was 13 and I had a sister 2 years older than me. I will say that her shoes and boots were about the only things I DIDN?T try on except to complete an outfit. Otherwise I too was a normal boy playing baseball and army with the neighborhood kids with no inclination about gender. Normal or not??

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Men can plant their seed and move on to the next conquest. If a woman wants help raising the child she hopes he sticks around. Nature has devised a way to facilitate this. During Peak intimacy the brain imprints on whatever it is that's providing that Peak satisfaction. The intent is for you to imprint on your partner and want to have more of those same great feelings and ultimately stick around to raise the children.

The same fact comes into play when a young boy discovers the same Peak feelings of enjoyment for the first few times. They tend to imprint on whatever creates those feelings of enjoyment. I would venture to say for many of us some smooth soft silky clothing may have been what we imprinted on. Likely more than once. I think that set us up to like what we like and be the way we are. Especially when it's not about our own gender confusion.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 01-06-2023 at 06:30 AM.

That's true for me Genifer ^^. The first time wearing my sister's dress is imprinted on my brain. It's an experience I keep attempting to repeat, even decades later!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I started out pretty similarly. However, I found my mom or aunty's pantyhose. They were nude colored. And I fell in love at a young age. Probably around 2-3. My mom became so bothered by me wanting to put on the pantyhose she got scared and said she'd buy me tights or something else that wasn't as smooth/silky/shiny. I was sad. I vaguely remember having my grandma's friend watch me and I was still little. So got out of the shower to get ready and put on a pair of pantyhose in front of me and it was heaven. I kind of stopped messing with it until puberty. I first started to use my mom's. She never had pantyhose though, she didn't like them I guess. She had stockings. I eventually was able to obtain Leggs on my own and that was just the beginning. Now I am married, dress with my wife.

Welcome TiffanyJane!