Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age Changes

Age Changes

A few days ago I was getting dressed. I had got everything on up to my slip, with no make up, when a thought came in to my head. What do I do if the doorbell rings. Ten years ago I would have put on my trousers and jumper to answer the door. Now I am not so sure. As time goes on I am nearer to putting on a dress and then answer the door. Has anyone else noticed a change like this?

Reality Check
    For some of us it is important to keep our little "hobby" a secret. For others, it may not be.

Personally, I either change back or ignore the doorbell.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    Its up to you, of course. Some time ago I decided I was not going change my clothes or cover up when the doorbell rang unexpectedly. I don?t have many surprise visitors, and honestly don?t much care what the UPS person thinks!

I still change but like you sometimes just get so tired of hiding the real me and want to be free of it.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Instead of getting out of my lounging gown and slippers like when a UPS package arrives I just put on a baseball cap, a long front zip sweater then after looking out my kitchen window to see it's clear I just open the door and grab the package. I figure they will only notice the cap and sweater not the pink long gown and robe below. I only have to reach out the door for the most part so no big deal but I am older now so don't really give a hoot anymore.

It depends. I have let technicians and delivery folks in while dressed. But for unknown people I do not answer the door. In other words, expected door knockers, yes.

Banned Read only
    I get notifications of any package deliveries from USPS, UPS, Fedex and Amazon, so there are not any real surprised deliveries. My doorstep is 79 feet from the curb with a rise of six feet over street level. When a delivery occurs I just open the door a retrieve as soon as the delivery person leaves. If it an unknown person or a neighbor I just do not answer the door. If something is said later I tell the person I was taking a shower or working in the backyard. I do not have any intention of doing a reveal. Even as a retiree there may be consequences since my wife is not appreciative of Stephanie. If there would be fallout, she would catch it also.

Banned Read only
    I was once expecting a delivery from Royal Mail, and was in makeup and women's sports clothing, but had taken the wig off. I put a jacket over my sports bra and top, and it covered my bum of my yoga leggings, and when I opened the doors... It was my wife's aunt dropping a baby toy off for my daughter.

I'm not risking opening the door dressed any more

If I'm in leggings or short shorts and a feminin t-shirt I'm getting more likely to open the door, same as you, I'm getting older and caring less. But if If I'm in a skirt or cami no way. Make up isn't an issue for me at least.

Well I wouldn't answer the door in my slip for sure.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A few years ago a notice came through our building that someone running for public office was going to be going door to door and campaign. I told my burlesque friends and joked I should answer the door en femme. The canvassers were supposed to come at noon and at about 10a I was sending funny pics to my friends. Maybe I should answer the door in my French maid outfit, <quick change> or in my showgirl outfit <quick change> or in my wedding dress. My friends laughed and commented on each outfit. That’s when the knock at the door came, they were early. I had intended to answer the door in something casual and some light makeup. I ended up answering the door as a bride. Oh well….
    Rebecca Bas

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Here's a novel idea no one's ever thot of. Except me, I guess?

If I'm dressed or dressing and the doorbell or phone rings?

JUST DON'T ANSWER IT!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-29-2022 at 08:29 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It just depends, if I am only partially dressed, ie. still getting ready, I will slip on my dressing gown, but will still take a peek from the living room window before deciding wether or not to open the door. But if I am fully dressed, with or without my wig, I simply open the door, but again after a quick peek from the living room window.

I have a pair of sweat pants and a jumper, which I keep handy.

Yes. I haven't had an opportunity to answer the door while fully dressed up, but I am less and less inhibited as time goes on. I am getting tired of keeping this part of me hidden from the rest of the world. It's simply exhausting.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Oh yeh! A few years ago it was almost only a slip and pantyhose and now it would have to be to pull the wig off and remove the earrings and most of all not to forget to wipe off the lipstick.

If the doorbell rings whoever it is gets to interact with Joanne if I am dressed as a woman.

Yes I wouldn?t answer the door . In the past had a few close shaves. Which is why I dont do makeup. One occasion in my mothers had to hide in the kitchen fully en femme when a neighbour unexpectedly called . Couldn make it to the bedroom where my male attire was . 2hrs later she left.

Interesting question. last month as I was getting dressed a delivery van pulled in the driveway and dropped a package on our door step it was the first time I was actually disappointed I was only half dressed and thought to myself I would have met him at the door in a dress if I had been done getting ready in the past I would be hiding in a room till the van was out of site so yes I have changed with age.

I figure delivery drivers have seen about everything at least once, so I would just answer the door. If it is the next door neighbor, I would consider what I was wearing and evaluate if it was appropriate. I notice that I am at the point in life where what others perceive of me is not so important as it once was, and it is most liberating!

I decided a long time ago that I am going to live my life as me. I have not and will not hide Chrissy from anyone anymore.

Me too. I have been taking the trash out to the curb in my leggings and long sleeve blouses. Wore same outfit to the drug store and no one even batted an eye. Course with people wearing their PJ's everywhere I know I gotta look better than that.

The doorbell rang about a week ago while I was lounging in my nightie, bra, forms, and stockings. I let it ring until I could change before answering it. That's my answer to the question. I have no desire for anyone I know to see me dressed.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

not sure it's about getting older, just getting more comfortable and accepting of my dressing. The more I crossdress the less of big deal it becomes

My front door has a big window in the middle of it and it looks right into my living room. Unless I stay in my bedroom, anyone who comes to the door is going to see me dressed. So far I haven’t had to worry about it in the three years I’ve lived in this house, but if it happens, it happens.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Mythbusters