Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Face-App ?

Reality Check
    There is no rule that the pictures you post her of yourself have to actually be pictures of yourself and any such rule would be impossible to enforce anyway. I remember years ago one member had an avatar photo that turned out to be a photo of a public figure who I was unfamiliar with.

I don't is a "face app". I do have a software program that will add eye makeup (and other makeup) and I will sometimes us it to enhance my photos, but not significantly change them.

I don't see much point in having a photo of me that isn't a photo of me.
    Krisi

I don't need no stinkin' face app. LOL!
    Actually, a couple of pounds of foundation may help.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I thought I?d do a google search on FaceApp to see what came up. One item that popped up was (FaceApp scandal)!

It seems the FBI have been concerned about what information might be used for as it?s a Russian app.

Think I?ll pass on this one.

Glenda

This topic (FaceApp) comes up once or twice a year, it seems. Being my pedantic self, I'd say that no, it's not "cross dressing". It's making your picture look more feminine. As long as you're not using it to maliciously deceive anyone, it's good,
    harmless fun.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

The question is
    Is FaceApp crossdressing ?
    We are not discussing avators
    Keep it on subject and no fighting
    No BACK AND FORTH
    One comment only / edit it if needed to add.
    I am Trying to keep this thread open so we can see both sides .
    Every time we have a FaceApp thread it causes fights and disagreements and gets deleted

I personally think it isnt crossdressing and I came to that personal opinion from those who used to post pics and pretend it was them . ( from a 80 yr old to a 20 yr old- taking it to the extreme.You can learn makeup, shading ect skills . That would be more rewarding in my opinion.

So we had to make this rule

Anyone using FaceApp must mention its use when posting a Picture where it was used.

We do not want to have to ban its use completely.

As a result it should only be used to enhance features not completely change your face..

Again
    Please lets have a discussion without fighting as every face app post before had to be deleted for the fighting in it.
    Give your opinion and no back and forth.
    You can edit your post if you want to add more.
    Why this is such a trigger topic ?..I just do not know but trying to nip it in the bud straight out the gate .
    Again give your opinion once and no back and forth.
    Last edited by Di; 01-02-2023 at 07:17 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I've had some fun with FaceApp and other beauty apps which alter your facial features but I would never use it to deceive people to think that is what I look like in real life. And no I don't think it is the same as using makeup. Making our faces look more feminine with cosmetics is an artistic skill. You can go out in public with makeup on but you can't go out with FaceApp on.

I am always surprised when I look at photos of crossdressers and GGs on Flickr and it is obvious they have used FaceApp on every one of their photos yet they have no hesitation in accepting all the " you are so beautiful" compliments. Who are they fooling and what kind of satisfaction do they get out of the deception?

Platinum Member
    I think its OK to use Face-App for entertainment purposes, so long as one labels the results. I am a Luddite, and so avoid all the new-fangled gizmos, including apps. Beside, I really want to have a realistic sense of how I look to others when I go out.

I think the simplest answer is no, because crossdressing is a something that happens on a human body.

I think using faceapp is kind of like demonstrating your cooking skills by taking someone to a restaurant.

That having been said, I really like Faceapp because it allows me to fantasize about what could've been. I'll never post a faceapp picture online though.

It also makes me kind of wistful because if only....

Totally agree with DanielleDubois I have posted totally genuine pictures in the hope that I receive totally genuine feedback on if I am doing a good job on looking fem for my wife or for tips on how to improve, it's great to receive positive feedback and boosts your confidence but if not urges me to try harder. Mind you if any of my pictures are that bad rest assured that my wife would have already said ""what the hell do you look like"

I love playing around with filters and some of the apps that do hair and makeup. They look beautiful and give ideas for things I can try for real.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When there's too many fakes they lessen the value of the real thing. It's getting to the point where nobody believes anything is real anymore. I take pride in my look but when someone sees my picture many just assume it's an app.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    I don't need no stinkin' face app. LOL!
    Actually, a couple of pounds of foundation may help.
    I have never tried it. Looks interesting, but unlike Sherrie, I do not use any foundation any more. Just lipstick. That is the benefit of growing old and only having white facial hair. I start with a close shave, apply makeup and I look like a proper haus frau.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I opine that using FaceApp for significantly modifying self-photos to be posted online is not crossdressing.

I admit to using photo software to disguise an occasional blemish. But that could be remedied by using the right cosmetics and repeating the photo(s).

I have tried it, and it is impressive, however it seemed to give an almost plastic texture, but that was years ago, it's probably better now. I used it to correct some lighting and remove some beard stubble (didn't shave close enough LOL). I see both sides of this discussion and oddly both sides have a point.

I think as long as people are open and honest that they are using the app when presenting on-line it?s not a problem.

Banned Read only
    I've used it and on occasion still do. If you accept it for what it is, I think it's just a fun distraction. But, I can see how it would create problems for some people. If you allow it to give you a false sense of who you are or want to be, plus takes up too much of your day, I can't see how it's a healthy thing.

I gave up hopes to look like a woman a long time ago. I simply have too much manly figure and face. I use make up just to hide my male identity when going outside. Anyone can see me as a man in a dress, it's just important that people who know me, don't recognise me right away from far away and if I'm lucky, not even when passing by me.

If I would decide to post pictures online, I would use face-app to hide my identity, since I'm still in the closet. Do you know, can a face app successfully reverse the photo too? If someone decides to download my "female photo" from the internet and reverse the face to look as male me? Would people who know me in person recognise me or app is not that good and reverse engineering doesn't work?

Post FFS virtual simulation better then FaceApp

Instead of using FaceApp try
    Virtual Facial Feminization (virtual FFS) software that I posted here some time ago.
    You can simulate chemical skin peel resurfacing and blemish remover,Laser skin resurfacing,jaw and chin contouring,brow boss shaving, hairline modification, cheekbones augmentation,face lift and much more ect.

These things are what you would look like with FFS.

You can also try CatFish makeup Techniques!
    I love FaceApp and Instagram and Snapchat filters.
    Last edited by sugababe; 01-17-2023 at 07:12 PM.