Thread: It's been a While.

It's been a While.

Hi all, first i want wish you all the best for the comming year.

It's been a while since since i posted anything here but i figured now might be a good time to post a little update. now with the holliday season behind us, i wanted to reflect a little on what happend since i came out to my SO a while back. the TLDR version of it is "life's been bussy". Since comming out my SO has taken it very well as far as i can tell. well enough that we decided to move in together. so last few months nearly all my spare time is going to all the renovating jobs around the house to get every thing in order to be able for her to move in. but were making good progress on that, so hopfully so the end goal is getting pretty close now. This all made my crossdressing time very limited. working through higher priorty thing first at the moment.

Regarding the the crossdressing were still taking it slowly even with my time contraints. but when we do have some lounge evenings i do get the opportunity to get around wearing leggins or skirts and enjoy movies or shows together to get some needed down time. and share the enjoyment of doing face masks together.

How hectic live may be, always try to make small moments to enjoy eachother.

on a personal progress note, i did manage to push myself a little as well. this all with SO approval but laste year we did manage to go to a few concerts where i went out wearing a bit of makeup in public. just some foundation and eyeliner. still nothing to fem but more for me to get used to it. practicing the application of it and getting used to express myself more publicly. same goes for my local pub where they are getting more used to me wearing nail polish regulary. lasty i did ask my SO if she would be willing to help with getting my wardrobe a bit more complete. still missing a lost of stuff to be able to get a decent outfit together. when we'll have some acutal spare time we'll go to some thrift stores and get some basic outfits and try to get a grasp on what styles will work for me.

it's small things but it helps my cofidance in accepting myself and who i am. for now i do keep the crossdressing part locked at home but getting a bit bolder in expressing myself in public.

thank you all for taking the time reading this little update.

regards,
    sometimes_me

Platinum Member
    Thank you for the update. The two of you seem to be working together well in various aspects of life.

Sounds like the two of you are making real progress. Acquiring outfits is a long process for most of us.

My best advice is to start out with some basic items. Solid color tops and bottoms and then add complimentary other pieces to offer you a chance to mix and match. This multiplies your available options when getting dressed. After a while you will discover what works best for your presentation. Be sure to continue to get input from your SO, who has been doing this all her life.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Sounds like you are moving in a positive direction

Nice to hear such a positive update in the new year! Continued success!
    Crissy

This all sounds very positive for you.

Thanks for sharing the good news with us.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

thank you all for the replys. im realy trying to integrate this into our lives in a slow and healty way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn A116 View Post
    Sounds like the two of you are making real progress. Acquiring outfits is a long process for most of us.

My best advice is to start out with some basic items. Solid color tops and bottoms and then add complimentary other pieces to offer you a chance to mix and match. This multiplies your available options when getting dressed. After a while you will discover what works best for your presentation. Be sure to continue to get input from your SO, who has been doing this all her life.
    thanks for the advice, currently i have a few leggings and skirts as outer layers. but serious lacking on top garments.
    that's on the list to try and expand next.

let's all have a great 2023
    Last edited by sometimes_me; 01-06-2023 at 03:50 AM.

Sometimes_me, when looking at tops for her, you need to think about a few things that never even occur to guys. Hopefully your SO will help guide you to what works for your shape. Things like colors that work for your skin shade. Necklines that help elongate your neck but don't show that your boobs are fake. Sometimes it's more of a trial and error thing as you find what is comfortable for you.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

You're making wonderful progress. The fact she wants to move in with you AFTER learning about your desire to crossdress says volumes about her acceptance. Add to that the fact she's helping you with makeup and going out with you when you're wearing some basic makeup would seem to seal the deal. Your's is a wonderful, and encouraging, story. Thanks for sharing it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

thank you all again for the usefull replies. been a verry bussy week again. but the renovating is nearly complete and it's getting time to start boxing stuff. still wondering how were gonna fit everthing in 1 house

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn A116 View Post
    Sometimes_me, when looking at tops for her, you need to think about a few things that never even occur to guys. Hopefully your SO will help guide you to what works for your shape. Things like colors that work for your skin shade. Necklines that help elongate your neck but don't show that your boobs are fake. Sometimes it's more of a trial and error thing as you find what is comfortable for you.
    thank you for this. i'll keep that in mind. i think i know what ill be looking for. but yeah it's probably going to be a lot of trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    You're making wonderful progress. The fact she wants to move in with you AFTER learning about your desire to crossdress says volumes about her acceptance. Add to that the fact she's helping you with makeup and going out with you when you're wearing some basic makeup would seem to seal the deal. Your's is a wonderful, and encouraging, story. Thanks for sharing it.
    all seems to be pointing that direction indeed. i for sure im looking ahead positively and curious for what the future brings

Being comfortable in what you are wearing is the mainn thing in promoting your confidence for when you go out. We all make mistakes at times and sometimes we look in a morror and think ues this works but later when out and out the penny drops and you think "oh dear I wish I had worn something else"
    But you are lucky and getting so much support good for you!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman