Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any educators out there?

I teach college and I just underdress. No bra, but occasional leggings when the whether is cold. In the 4 years I have been there no one has said a word or noticed that I am aware of. The college has all types so I doubt they would care if they did notice.

I am now fully retired from my career in education. I look back on those experiences and accomplishments with a lot of pride and good feelings. You are always in the public eye as well as engaged in shaping and teaching young minds. As a result of this, I never toyed with being enfemme or underdressing while working with students. I can fantasize about being enfemme a lot (past and present), but I would never do something to jeopardize my career and family, or cast a negative image on my profession and the transgendered community. Even living and teaching in an open minded part of the country there is always someone waiting to negatively pounce on our profession or the LGBTQ community.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

I am not an educator but can totally understand about not wanting to jeopardize one’s career. In the climate out there today why risk it.
    Just my 2 cents
    Crissy

I used to teach at universities (about 15 years). Most of it was in a small college town in a very conservative area. I only underdressed on a few days when I was researching in my lab and had no teaching to do. However, with the attitude I see today of some parents, I would not recommend even that. Not nowadays. And, as mentioned earlier, I fell down a flight of stairs. Not hurt, but had I been underdressed, and hurt, who knows what the outcome may have been?

Linda

I'm not officially a teacher, in a school, but I would be warry of doing anything that might make the masses make me look like a pervert in such a setting. Too bad, but that's where the world is these days, everyone's on a witch hunt.

BUT I've taught many a young man and a few young women a trade that's quite masculine. Almost all of these people respect me because of me. If they were to see that I'm wearing a thong I'd laugh it off and make fun of them for not. They've seen me in sandals, toe ring and all. I treat them good, they treat me good. If they were to see me in a skirt they'd laugh, I'm sure, but I believe they'd show up the next day anyway and still respect me.

As to your question, if you're in a public school and got outed you might wind up on the evening news, whereas I'll just get some good jokes thrown on me. Good luck with your decision.

While not directly in educating our youth, I am a bus driver, and only underdress occasionally and only for our take home runs, and then ONLY in the winter so that I have extra layers on

Aspiring Member
    As with most of the others I would not suggest dressing in a school setting. Too many possibilities of problems that no one needs. One time I did wear a bra under a pretty bulky sweater while at a meeting of other administrators, no students. At the noon break I did go to my room to take the bra off. Became too worried about someone touching my back while greeting. The worry took away the enjoyment.