Thread: Inhibitions

Inhibitions

I am still amazed at a night out a week ago. Now, as a preface, I should explain that I have always been very reserved and fairly self-conscious about how I come across to people. I suppose having faced ridicule for my appearance in my teenage years still haunts me. Consequently, one aspect of my life is that I never did anything like dancing until in my 20's. Even then, I ranged out only rarely, but grew to like a waltz, polka, slow dance, or reels (Civil War era). Never to pop/rock (except one time in an alcohol fueled moment in college).

I managed to seize an opportunity to meet up with some of the ladies in Grand Rapids at a bar/club where a favorite band was playing. I really like getting out with them and figured it would be fun. The band played pop/rock from the late 70's through the 90's and were pretty good. I let myself get into some of the songs and got to thinking when some of the group went out to the small dance floor. It hit me -- "why the heck not!" And I push myself out there and take my cue from the others. In short order I was thoroughly enjoying myself. Not only did I do a lot of dancing that night, I encouraged/dragged others from the group out for certain songs. I am nowhere near good, but, as Dave Berry once said, "No one really cares how well you dance." I was on cloud 9 for days afterward. I had to PM a couple friends just to tell them about it.

After a week to calm down, I begin to wonder if this new-found freedom will bleed over into regular life. After due consideration, I realize it most probably will not. Unless a situation came about which would overcome my native reserve and self-consciousness, I will just be the way I have been. Being Geena offers a blank slate type freedom and I can overcome many inhibitions. I will just have to be sure they are good ones to overcome.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Geena dances, and your male alter-ego doesn't Works!

Geena your confidence is increasing by the day. Carry on as you are and you will be a party animal like Sandi who has also documented shyness in male mode. I also was more outgoing in Debbie mode but need to rediscover my mojo and confidence when opportunities present.

When I was * a lot * longer, it used to take about 3 or 4 drinks for boy me to get out on the dance floor. It was mostly due to the fact that I didn't really know how to dance and I didn't want to embarass myself. It took 3 or 4 drinks before I got to the point where I didn't care what people thought or said about my dancing. That didn't change much in boy mode as I got older, except that a couple of drinks was all it took before I didn't care about what people thought about my dancing.

But, in girl mode, I had no problem dancing, and I even got to the point where I would either dance alone or try to drag CD girl friends on to the dance floor with me. So I concluded that the only thing required for me to dance was 2 drinks or 1 (cute) dress!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm not much of a dancer, but I find that I am more willing to move to the music as Melissa. There's no rational explanation for that and I don't really need one.

Platinum Member
    Hi Geena ,You are out there Now and there is no Turning Back ! >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Geena, Much to my wife's chagrin, I'd much rather dance en-femme than in male mode.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Geena,

Oh oh, better watch out because once you get bitten by the clubbing bug, you will not want to stop. I get quite a high from going dancing. Like Debbie says, male me could never be as outgoing as Sandi me. It is kind of strange really. Also like Steffi says, I used to want a couple of drinks to loosen up a bit. At my last dance outing I was only drinking Heineken Zero and water - No alcohol. The confidence will continue to built. You just have to keep at it. I am glad you are experiencing what I have found to be my most enjoyable crossdressing social activity. It can really be a fulfilling experience as you have discovered.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    I am rather shy about dancing. I just never quite understood the appeal of dancing and did so only on rare occasions to placate my two wives (not at the same time). It has been three years since the last time I was coaxed on a dance floor when I was drawn into a bachelorette party by some very nice young ladies.

Don't worry Geena, I'm pretty much the same way. Audrey dances but her male persona does not. And right now that's fine, lol...

Aspiring Member
    Geena dances but male alter ego does not. Works for Abby also, though her opportunities are few in either mode.