Thread: Time tracking my crossdressing

Time tracking my crossdressing

With Covid I work from home more often and therefore I find that I dress more often. I have also transitioned to womens sleepwear every night, unless I?m not at home. That got me to thinking just how much time do I actually wear ?womens? clothes. The whole mens or women?s clothes is lost in me but you get the idea.

So I downloaded a task tracking app for my phone and I?m keeping track. It?s actually fairly interesting data, at least to a nerd like me.

Still trying to figure out how best to do it. Right now I?m tracking individual items like Pj?s, shoes, makeup, stockings, bra, skirt, etc. which gives me a count or total time spent. I like the detail but it doesn?t give me a way to stack items. For instance if I wear bra, panties, dress and shoes for 4 hours, it would show as 16 hours in the reporting function. It also skews heavily towards sleeping time. Last week I wore Silk PJ?s or a nightie 98.5 hours or 14.07 hours per day. I tend not to get dressed until after my early morning meetings.

Just curious if others would do this or want to know how much time they spend dressed up. I might tire of the data entry but I?m enjoying the data for now.
    Rebecca Bas

Rebecca,

I did something similar a while ago but I used the stopwatch function on my phone. If I remember correctly I measure just how much time I spent Home Alone and hence dressed to some extent. Kept it simple but was a good measure of my weekly femme time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi I don't need a timer or an app I'm simply dressed femme 24/7

Banned Read only
    I was once a member of a group who used the letters O,R and F as abbreviations in their profiles and contact ads.
    O for occasional - dressing once in a while.
    R for regular - dressing once or twice a week.
    F for those who dressed full time, or at least full time when they were not at work.

I've always fluctuated between O and R. That's really all I want to know.

Maybe 4 years ago I would have done this. Then we retired.
    Since then it's been more dressed than not and then Covid really flipped the switch. These days since 90% of the clothes I own are women's it's not even worth the time to track.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I actually use my phone timer app for a lot of things. It helps me deal with my ADHD. Recently, that includes the time I spend on here. By setting the timer I better commit to things I need or want to get done, and also get reminded when I've strayed from what I had started to do. That tends to happen as often as not.

Sometimes I stray from things I strayed to when I have originally started out to do something completely different fro that.

Now, what was I doing when I sat down here?
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Does tracking indicate the level of satisfaction or fulfillment? My wife and I sleep apart due to medical reasons. We usually retire after Stephen Colbert. I hit the sack wearing a combination of one or more of a nightgown, panty and bra, slip. I usually awake 6:00 AM-7:00 AM. Sometimes the nightgown is traded for a dress. I will end up pecking away on this keyboard until 9:30 AM when my wife wants me to awaken her to watch The View. This imposed limitation doesn't lead to a great deal of satisfaction when I really want to be dress, hosiery and heels, and wig added, and, to be able to freely spend the day doing domestic chores and leisurely reading, etc. Keeping a record may end up re-enforcing a lack of satisfaction.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 01-11-2023 at 11:33 AM.

I don't actually track my time but I wear beautiful lingerie or silky pjs to bed every night, so it's probably roughly 60ish hours a week for me.

Platinum Member
    I am not sure. I probably think more about opportunities to get out and experience the world than I how I am dressed at home. I am not so much limited by time as I am by my own creativity.

My response would be, to quote the late great Louie Anderson "Who Knows"

The only tracking that I was curious about was exactly how many days I went out in public dressed en femme. My first day out was on 5/5/2022 and in the eight months since then I have gone out 136 times.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Let's see if I understand u, Heist?

So, if u wear panties all day and nite that = 24, Rite?

And, if u dress to the 9's, (I would wear about 12 fem items), for 2 hours, that = 24, too?

Yet, one requires zero time and effort. While the other could take 2 hours of prep time. More, if u wear full, detailed, makeup and bathe 1st.

They would be equal according to u but sound completely different to me!

I think u need to give every fem item a value number to make your system work. Panties, bra, belts, etc. = 1.

Wigs, nylons, girdles, dresses, etc. = 2 or more, depending on their difficulty to use!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There are any number of methodologies you could use to track your dressing. It could be binary, where you are only considered dressing up if you go all out, or would you consider it dressing up if you are only wearing one item. You could assign point values to some items, or just monitor individual items like I’m doing. As one poster suggested you could try to assign some value of satisfaction to dressing up. I just found it interesting to see how many hours I wore panties last week, or how many hours I was dressed up while I worked from home last month. Everyone has their own definitions of what being “dressed” would mean to them.
    Rebecca Bas

If you're using. a tack tracking program, it should allow for sub-tasks, right?
    The main task for each day could be "dressing" and the sub task under that particular task could be "panties", "bra", etc.
    You could then keep track of overall time (the "dressing" main task) as well as how much time was spent with any particular item (such as "bra")

It all seems like too much effort to me - unless of course, you're en-femme while doing it all,

I agree there should be sub tasks but this app doesn’t support them, that would make it much better. I wonder if the Apple Store would support a crossdressing specific time tracker app.

It is a lot of effort but as you say, I’m usually dressed as I do my data entry.
    Rebecca Bas

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Since u brought it up, Heist, I agree with u that some of us don't count throwing on their single fem fetish item to be CDing.

As I have zero interest in wearing uncomfortable clothing doing my regular daily activities, I never throw on just a bra, or panties, or tites for their fetish/fem value. And, if I did I wouldn't count that as crossdressing.

I go all the way or I don't bother!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I did a quick search and found the post I made back in 2019.

To save you reading the whole thing here's the important bit;

Once a week I usually get a 4-5 hour window of home alone time and can dress fully sans makeup but for the most part it's a pull on skirt and a tee. Something I refer to in my diary as being PF, Partially Femme. Occasionally time might permit forms and a pair of heels.

Anyway I began to realise that I was PF more and more frequently as my SO'ss daily diary filled up with regular commitments and I was left home alone. Hence I decided to keep a track of it. So last Saturday I set the stopwatch function on my smartphone running as I started to dress. Back to drab, pause stopwatch, a bit of PF time, resume. That way I got a running total of time spent with my legs hanging out the hem of a skirt.
    Over a 7 day period, 28 hours! That's an average of 4 hours a day.

So as us old engineers say, KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid, don't overcomplicate things and you get enough data to give you an idea of just how much time you spend dressed to some degree or the other. You can of course use that as a baseline and then repeat but for a specific aspect of dressing, say under dressing in a bra. Over time you'll build up a fuller picture of how your time is broken down into component parts.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Sounds like too much work for me. Just dress and have fun.

Yikes!!!! WHY?????

At the end of the day, what will it really tell you? Will it change the way you dress? Maybe you could do life cycle costing on your panties and bras?????

Quit trying to count the trees and enjoy the drive!!!

There have been some comments as to why do this. I’m not saying you have to do it. It’s not so much unlike crossdressing, I do that because I enjoy it. And I like to golf and watch football and college basketball. Some people like to hunt and go ice fishing, I don’t but they are welcome to do it. I find the time tracking aspect entertaining, it serves no other purpose, it’s not a requirement.

I crossdress because I enjoy it,

I started tracking it because I enjoy that too.
    Rebecca Bas

Dressing should be an enjoyable time for all, i love it so very much and it it is such a big part of my life now
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Of course, in the end, I just look in the laundry hamper.....
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I can mildly relate. Not to tracking time, but zooming out to just days. Only been doing it in a simple spreadsheet since Dec, but it shows where I go crazy. I'm ok with one or two days off. More than that the more testy I become. Four is definitely too long without. Looking back it's hard to remember it was not that long ago that I only changed a few days a month, if that. Interesting.

I can't imagine any insights from logging what wearing, so no incentive to add hours of dressing. Please come back to this thread in two months and share observations gained from tracking.

I don’t keep track of my dressing time, but if I did, it would be most of my day. I wear panties 24/7, and a bra at least 50% of the time. It is extremely rare for me not to dress fully for at least part of the day. I dress all day whenever possible, generally at least twice a week. I sleep in a nightie every night.

Female clothing has become my regular clothing. When I’m in female mode, I seldom think about what I’m wearing. In male mode, I’m acutely aware of what I’m wearing and of how long it will be before I can get out of the costume and into some regular clothes.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Not sure what task tracking app you are using but if you don't want duplications (2 hours in bra and panty is 2 hours of dressing, not 4) your app needs to be able to recognize discrete time blocks so that no matter what task you are doing or how many different tasks you are doing simultaneously it tracks everything by time block with the tasks as attributes of the block. Let us know if you find such an app