Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any educators out there?

Any educators out there?

Wanting to hear your opinion on underdressing while at work.
    Personally I keep those two words separate. The current political environment with teachers being labeled as pedophiles and groomers, and the attacks on LGBTQ literature makes me nervous and not wanting to throw any more fuel on the fire.
    Plus I only having four minutes between classes to use the restroom and panties and or lingerie doesn't lend itself to a quick trip to the bathroom.

I wouldn't recommend doing it. A slight, accidental exposure of femme undergarments or otherwise being detected is going to be noticed by one of your students. You will be outed. I would imagine the stress of not knowing if you've been detected, etc. would detract from your teaching. Further, unless you have nobody (spouse, kids) depending on your income, you are threatening their financial security by underdressing. I don't think it's worth the risk.

I do occasionally underdress at work, but my circumstances are decidedly different, and risk of detection is very, very low.
    Last edited by JulieC; 01-05-2023 at 07:07 AM.

I did try underdressing with pantyhose one time. I found it too distracting, and I needed to keep focused. Otherwise, it felt good (as always).
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Aspiring Member
    Like Geena, I tried underdressing with pantyhose long ago. Too distracting. It is difficult enough keeping up with these kids. They are smart. Any clue, however slight, will out me and then I become a walking distraction. BTW, My students are mostly in the 19 to 26 age range.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-05-2023 at 01:14 AM.

Banned Read only
    My wife is a retired elementary school teacher. Even in the great liberal Pacific Northwest educators do not like distractions. It is hard enough to keep the kids in line without causing a teacher inspired distraction. If you're going to chance it, I'd think twice about the fall out that may occur in less liberal areas of the country; Anybody for Drag Queen Storybook Time?

I teach at a university. Last summer, I got rid of all of male underpants (except one emergency pair) and started wearing panties daily. I love it! I'm not concerned about anyone seeing, because I always wear an undershirt and button-down shirt at work, tucked securely into my pants.

I'm a retired music educator. I am not at all concerned about venturing into the community en femme, but I cannot imagine teaching a class or private student while dressed. I have so separated my male and female personas that to do it would be like two worlds colliding, and the distraction to both myself and students would detract from the teaching and learning at hand.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I was an adjunct at a community college but I wasn't cross-dressing at the time.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Avoid like the plague!

You've already spelled out all the reasons not to. Go with your own sound advice.

I agree with most of the comments here. Underdressing to work was a temptation at one time, but I reasoned that it would be best to save all my underdressing for after school hours and on weekends.

Not an educator, but I have worn Vanity Fair Illumination Hi-cut panties for years. They're not lacy and therefore unless you wore pink, no one could say you were wearing women's panties.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am a now retired educator, 43 years in education. I can think of only a few times I had underdressed in all that time. Yes it is too distracting. Now when I got home all bets were off.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I under-dress everyday and it is nobody's business and it is not against the law. If people are taking a peak at your underwear while you are using the restroom, then they are the problem, not the cross-dresser. Anyone got a problem with my choice of undergarments can speak with my lawyer.

[QUOTE=Allison2018;4625054] current political environment

Those three words are reason enough for anyone who is a teacher not to do it. Something happens and the right set of parents get involved, your life could turn hellish very quickly.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

It depends on the level of your underdressing.
    I don't understand how panties make bathroom usage an issue. I've been wearing them exclusively for nearly 20 years and have never had an issue in that regard. Of course if you're wearing pantyhose as well or something more than just regular panties that's another issue.
    I'd avoid anything more than panties. Bras can be easily noticed, stockings might be seen in certain circumstances and anything else would just be flaunting chance.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I avoided underdressing for many of the same reasons mentioned. On occasion, thanks to the PF, when I had my own office, I?d wear panties. And, yes, it was distracting. I?m now retired and have made up for lost time.

hello Alison,
    I have worn black cotton panties to work at a University for years, nobody noticed and they did not slow my visits to the toilets.
    luv J

As a former educator there is no way the kids, especially the girls, are not going to notice and possibly call you out on it. If they don't say anything there's a good chance you will become the subject of cafeteria conversation. Eventually it will get to the administration, and you will get called into the office. Be sure to have your union rep on speed dial. Once the administration paints a target on your back, you might as well kiss your career goodbye. I've seen it happen to several of my colleagues. I would do everything in my power to fly below the radar and not bring any unnecessary attention to myself.

Just my 2 cents.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Old saying, "Don't buy your meat where u get your bread!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    After a stint as a Student Teacher, I taught 7th and 8th graders for one full year in an inner-city school. Likely educated some successfully in the General Sciences. Others, not so much

I did not underdress in those days so no issues.

L

I've been a teacher at many different levels since the 60's. My answer to your question is simple...NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

Something as simple as slipping and falling can get you exposed when the EMT's arrive. Even a hint of something, in the current environment, can absolutely destroy your career....forever! (And, I don't think Tenure will save you either.)

VtVicky

I?m not a full time in the classroom teacher but I?m heavily involved in education (USA) grades 6-12. I do not dress in any way for work, and keep those very separate. Kids of all ages notice everything, and its not something I want to complicate my professional relationships or effect employment.

Now that being said I have underdressed a few times over the years, but I knew it was very low risk and for short duration. Only way I?d do it again is a simple black panty that you couldnt tell the difference between male/female.

Its too small of a world, everyone knows everybody in this line of work.

I would add my 2-cents' worth here, if I may:

I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, and I am a rotary French and Music teacher, full-time.
    My school is in a smaller community outside of where I live. Small town.

I have been wearing panties pretty regularly for the past couple of years now. Panty-hose / leggings are a great inner layer for the colder days too.

I have a moderate collection of bras, many of which I have had for a while. 3 or 4 exercise bras, underwired+formed cups, a really nice bralette that used to be part of a sexy set..... I make it a point to choose a bra that does not present itself through my work clothes too much. (truth be told, if there is any additional roundness on my chest, it is usually taken as naturally larger "moobs". Having a gut adds to that, too)

I have a 1-hr commute to and from work, so I insert breast-forms while I drive, removing and stowing them when I get to work / home.

Longer post than I had thought, but bottom line is that you have to gauge your work environment carefully as to how tolerant your administration/co-workers are (I, myself, would not ever go full fem, barring special circumstances, like a Spirit day where the boys dress as girls, that sort of thing)....and choose underclothing that will not reveal itself accidentally.

IMHO, if you are able to keep your outer layers acceptable to your environment, then there is nothing that says you should deprive yourself of the feel of feminine undergarments.

I don?t want to be distracted at work! When I am at work I am focused on my work. When I am home and it?s my day the I dress. I just keep my work professional.

If a slight panty peek by a student happens well it will be all over school by the end of the day.
    More than likely there will be a video taken and posted to tic tok.