Thread: Surprise-- keep them as you need them

Surprise-- keep them as you need them

So the oldies are setting in in front of the TV on a cold and rainy winters night. We both switched to comfy outfits. I had on a black long sleeve medium weight sweater dress and normal 2 inch black pumps. As normal with older bodies, there were many intermissions of getting up and then coming back to recliners. I had picked up a pair of stiletto knee high boots at Christmas and was set to return them as the one night I tried them, they were so so so warm. Hadn't got around to it yet, but was on to do list, when out of the blue my wife says "I know they are warm, but can't you keep the boots"? Well yes. The right is a bit scary to walk in yet as I'm not use to the flexibility yet. Naturally on last trip to laundry room I switched to boots.

"Yes, that is exactly what that outfit needed". Well ok, I can live with that as I am still learning to love the sound of heels on hard floors.

So, what has been your surprise this month? Have you had any encouragements in your CD adventure? Inquiring minds want to know. Ok, well actually nosey heads are looking for gossip.

Excuse the long post. I normally keep posts short.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Speaking of oldies, Donna? Not many here older than I.

It was just over a year ago that I read a post here about doing toe lifts to execise your calves! I had been having difficulty wearing my 4"+ spike heels out and about.
    So, last year I added toe lifts to my morning excercise routine!

I'm happy to report I've been out the last 2 weekends walking and dancing in hi heeled spike pumps. 5" heels last Sat! And, my legs held up as well as they ever have!
    Strongly recommend toe lifts on a stair to anyone with calf/hi heel issues!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not exactly a surprise but I have now come to the firm conclusion that I will never, never master putting on false eyelashes. I have tried regular glued, pre-glued and magnetic types, all to no avail. A pox on false eyelashes!!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Fiona,

I mostly agree with you, except I haven’t had enough tries or methods yet. I very unsuccessfully tried a black liquid adhesive style (I still have the 2nd pair from the box to try again ) and I want to try a self adhesive version, but haven’t even bought any yet. The last time I had a real opportunity to experiment with makeup was in September. Not sure when the next time will be.

My surprise of the month, ok last month. I finally wore leggings on our recurring 9 hour drive without covering them up with sweats at truck stops. My wife told me she was proud of me to walk around in them in public. And she likes my tush in them.

Yeah, that's nothing for many of you, but I liked it.

Leggings are great. They are so comfortable. I think in a couple of years it will be much more acceptable for men to wear them. I wear them out to stores and hardly get a look.