Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age and acceptance

I'm 75 just went to my doctor's fully dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I started a transition to a full time feminine appearance about five years ago, in my mid 50s.
    I got my teeth fixed and started growing out my hair. I've only trimmed the tips since then.
    I was in that uncanny valley between male and female. That made socializing difficult. Moving towards a male presentation was a failure.
    Moving towards a female presentation works a lot better because I'm tiny, just 108 lbs.
    I'm also lucky to look young for my age. Not so much if you are a guy but a real plus for girls!
    My curves are in the right places so size 2 clothes fit really well on me. Having clothes that fit properly is a real benefit as well.
    I now wear women's pants that fit without a belt!

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 01-21-2023 at 08:31 AM.

This has been floating around for a while:

"At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At 40, we don't care what they think of us. At 60, we discover that they haven't been thinking of us at all."

No idea who first said it.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Very true comment there.

I started dressing in my mid-fifties. I'm 67 now. My acceptance of myself is very much dependent on my wife's acceptance, which is moderate. She thinks she's been VERY accepting while I feel fairly stifled in my choices, even at home.

I've been reserved in pretty much everything for my whole life. Certain factors in my marriage caused me to embrace the developing tastes when it started. I started looking at what I LIKED rather than what was expected. And what I liked has been much more feminine than I'd have guessed when i started, even though I am thoroughly a bearded man-in-a-dress.

I'm not sure that age is the big driver in any change for me. My reaction to personal drama/trauma has caused the masculine filter to be dismantled in my life.

Im 57 now, and i feel its easier, mostly because i care less about what people think anymore.
    Julianna Frances

I'm 64 and as far as people who don't know me go I could care less what they think when they see me. However, having just started dressing in Sep of last year, I'm more concerned about what the few people who know me would think if they saw me dressed. I'm in a small town, kind of a wide spot in the road since there is only one stop light, where everyone seems to know everyone else's business. I don't need my CD'ing getting around town. So when I go out it will be quite a ways away from here, where I'm pretty sure no one I know will see me.

When I turned 30, I thought my aging process would start and therefore my cross-dressing would become less and less attractive and possibly end. I couldn't be more wrong. Today I am 52 and I am convinced that I look better than ever and I am also very happy with how I have learned to live with this in front of my family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Whenever I have been willing to learn and improve my life as a woman, it has become better and better."

Like others have stated, the older I get the less I care about what others think. As such, I'm more comfortable dressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I started dressing up with the intention of passing when I was 47. One day it occurred to me that if I didn't pay much attention to mediocre looking middle aged women, most other people probably don't. That made it easier. More recently, I am finally getting over worrying about what people think of me. It's very liberating.

You are not dressing to please others, you are there to please yourself. At least, that's how I like to think about it. I wouldn't worry about what others do, so long as they do not get violent. To me it's some self-satisfaction, and a way to see the feminine side of me. It is, in fact, a very liberating feeling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth G View Post
    Hi Angela,

I'm 58 and I'm actually finding it easier to express myself at this age than when I was younger. To put it rather bluntly I find that I care less about what others think now than I did when I was younger.
    I just turned 48 and I have started to accept the F -it attitude, you don't like seeing me in a skirt or seeing my bra, then don't look..I am living my life, not yours... But I have also seen no one either notices or cares.

I am 64 now and have been dressing since my teenage years (off and on). I dress because I enjoy the serenity and stress relief that that it brings me. I would certainly never pass out in the wild! Think NFL linebacker in a dress!. That being said, it makes me feel calm inside. I may gain enough courage to venture out at some point, but I don't see it occurring soon as I live in a small town that may not be so accepting. Baby steps!
    Last edited by Melinda Jean; 02-07-2023 at 12:11 AM.

I am in a similar situation. I dress up because it satisfies me. If I decide to go out en femme, it really does not matter to me if I am accepted. Of course it makes a difference where you live. I guess that the small town that I used to live in in the States might not be as welcoming to me as the people here in Holland are, although there are more than likely pockets of people here would would not accept my appearance. Big deal. It's my life, and I am not affecting them, so they should just leave me alone.
    Of course baby steps are the way to go out. When I first thought about crossdressing, I would do no more than wear panties, panty hose and a bra underneath my drab clothing. As time went on, I did my nails with clear polish, and used some transparent mascara. That was when I actually had to go to work. Now that I am retired, I don't have to live under those constraints. It is quite liberating, and helps me feel much better when going en femme.

Hi all,
    For most of my life I knew that I was "different" and that has had an affect on my self image. It would have been so much easier to be "normal" but I am who I am *thanks Popeye, and I have come to understand that my alter ego has been and will forever be a part of who I actually am. My dear wife has know of my fem side since 1995 and has been a wonderful partner, accepting to a great degree. She seems quite acceptable to my dressing. Most times now I dress like a house frau, dressed to do chores in mom jeans, a womens scoop neck Tshirt and the like (wearing that now as I write this). I have recently retired and just about the date I retired she went back to tutor at one of our schools on Tuesday and Thursday. She has a lot of social engagements during the week as well with her girl friends so my dressing time has multiplied a great deal. I have come to know that I as she has that I feel very comfortable dressing as I do several times a week. I have come to accept that this is a part of me that doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon. I think that age has been kind to me.
    "

hello Angela,
    as I get older I just wear what I want and not worry too much about it.
    cross dressing at home and mixed dressing in public
    Life it good!
    luv J