Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally busted in supermarket

Totally busted in supermarket

Lily went out for a walk tonight - first in skirt and heels but thought that was a bit conspicuous (clicking on the pavement!) so went back and changed into tight jeans and ballet flats.

Now I definitely don?t pass but feel like I can blend especially when it?s fairly dark - on the walk several of people passed me and didn?t seem to give a second glance so I took a plunge and went into my local supermarket.

Straight away under the bright lights the security guard at the door took a long look at me and sure he clocked me. I picked up a drink and went to the self service check out then disaster struck?I?d picked up a high sugar energy drink that needs to be age approved in the UK! The alert went off on the machine and a shop assistant came over to approve my age - looking straight it my face and would definitely have known. She did smile and it seemed kind but I was NOT expecting an up close interaction.

I?m now also slightly worried that she?ll recognise me as a shop there all the time?but it is a massive supermarket with hundreds of customers a day so possibly unlikely she?ll make the link when she sees me in boy mode?

Please keep in mind............... She does not care if you dress as a chimpanzee. You are good to go.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    See any villagers with torches and pitchforks yet?

was the fashion police called ?, really they arnt bothered

I know what you mean?heels, etc. But, So what? The important thing is you bought something.

Lily,

Don't over think it. Up close we all get read. I know every time I go to a checkout the person behind the till will know I'm a CD'er. Learn to act naturally, with confidence and folks just won't care.

Had it not been for this close encounter all would have been good yes? Don't let this put you off. It only gets better and easier.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I hope you learned your lesson. Everybody knows too much sugar is bad for you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's already all over the internet.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

OMG! Have you bolted the door and drawn all the shades, lol! I've felt the same way for a long time. But, as I progressively got bolder, I've gone up to cashiers, even renewed my vehicle plates femme -- which required showing my driver's license (with bearded photo). Nothing happened! I have picked up a package femme and gone to the same place to pick up a packages drab, and again; nothing happened! You are fine!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

To the OP (and any others concerned)

Chillax, girls! Most folk are too wrapped up in their own lives to even notice you! That clerk was probably more interested in when her next break was due than in what you were wearing!

She may have noticed, probably did, but you are an honest customer. That's all she cares about. But it's still a little exciting, isn't it?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u go out dressed, u must expect to be seen by strangers. Strangers don't know who u r or care how u dress.

If the guard at the door or lady at the market was your mother in law or next door neighbor? THEN, you were busted! Otherwise, u were simple "made".
    They r NOT the same thing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    You have to be a certain age in your country to buy a "high sugar drink"? Not alcoholic, just "high sugar"? What about a bag or box of sugar, can young people buy plain sugar?

That seems a bit intrusive to me. Fortunately, it hasn't gotten that bad in the USA, at least in my part of the country.

Did you have to show a photo ID to buy your drink? Was it a problem when it didn't match your look?
    Last edited by Krisi; 01-20-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Me thinks you are fine.
    Just another man in a dress

...I understand. Worries that we have all had at one time or another. In the end, I think you will be fine, and no one will remember, but hey... at least you put some smiles on faces in a world where frowns are the M.O.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Platinum Member
    Relax. They may or may not remember you. But either way, nothing will come of it.

Lily, it sounds like it went just as perfectly as it does for so many of us. We are not likely to "fool" many in those situations but the key is that you didn't have to, they accepted you just as you wished to be, a woman out shopping! Complete success, contrats!

The 2.8 billion people in India and China do not care. Pretty sure the 67.3 million UK population aren't bother by it either. Relax and enjoy your shopping trips out and about.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You have to be a certain age in your country to buy a "high sugar drink"? Not alcoholic, just "high sugar"? What about a bag or box of sugar, can young people buy plain sugar?

That seems a bit intrusive to me. Fortunately, it hasn't gotten that bad in the USA, at least in my part of the country.

Did you have to show a photo ID to buy your drink? Was it a problem when it didn't match your look?
    We have a major problem in the UK with young people living off of energy drinks. I used to work with people who were 16/17 and drinking two cans of Monster to get through a day.

It's terrible for your heart, and it can affect your development. I fully support it, because the effects on yojur organs can be as bad as alcohol.

Probably the best way I've discovered to get over the fact someone will realize I'm a CDer is to know that unless I plan to interact with others using sign language is the fact I'll be outed as soon as I speak. Unless you have a feminine voice, even so much as a "Thanks" will give you away. Don't worry about it. Enjoy being out and about. If you're concerned about someone you know figuring it out, don't risk being out where you might run into friends and neighbors.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Lily, I received a report about it here in Washington D.C.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The assistant smiled. What lovely interaction, be pleased. I would.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It seems like you don't get out often. Maybe this is your first public appearance? I mean one with people around and interaction. The first several times out like this are typically very awkward at best. Don't be discouraged. Get past it and move on. It only gets better from here.

Platinum Member
    Not to worry no one cares not a issue i have been cought busted
    .ore times than i can count

When I saw the "Totally Busted..." title I thought you were caught shoplifting. That would have been a problem. This isn't.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/