Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back - with good news

I'm back - with good news

I've been mostly away from the forum for the past few months (on & off) because I've been very depressed and wondering if I should just quit crossdressing. I even packed most of my femme clothes in boxes and put them in the attic (with the intent of giving them away if I decided not to keep them). The reason I did this was that I was misreading my wife's signals. As a very accepting and supporting partner (after taking a couple of months to get used to the idea when I came out to her in 2020), she would occasionally ask me how Larissa was doing and, if it had been a while since seeing me dressed, would ask when she would be seeing Larissa again.

Well, we were on vacation the last half of October and I was in drab the whole time. She bought me a dress and I tried it on and she took a picture, which I posted here in November, but when we got back, I got into my depression, and neither she nor I mentioned Larissa. Before that I would dress once or twice a week and she would take pictures and advise on my outfits, but after the vacation I didn't feel like doing that because I thought she had had enough of Larissa. I'd read in here that that's what has happened to other CD's SO's - initially accepting but tiring of it over time (months or years). So I resigned myself to the "fact" that she must not be supportive any more, so I would just dress when she wasn't home, and only underdress when she couldn't see me changing. Of course, Larissa's undergarments would end up in the laundry, so she knew I was still dressing, but didn't ever comment about it!

Also she made more and more comments like "You're my man" and how great a man I am. I don't have gender dysphoria, so I don't deny that (and it's very kind and loving of her to say those things), but by increasingly emphasizing "man" I assumed that she was sending subconscious signals that she didn't approve of my feminine persona.

So this all came to a head Sunday night, when she showed me one of my (formerly) white camis that she mistakenly put in the laundry with blue jeans and turned a little blue. After I told her it was ok, she sat down and asked me what happened to Larissa! We had a long talk, and it turns out that my assumptions were entirely mistaken. She not only is still completely supportive, but she actually encouraged me to always express myself however I want to. That would include going out, and coming out to friends and family. I reiterated that I'm not trans; I just like (prefer, mostly) feminine clothing, makeup, long hair, perfume, etc., and she's perfectly fine with all of it. I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have her. (She came in a few minutes ago to talk about something unrelated and said "You look very pretty tonight." WOW!) Needless to say, at least half of my depression has vanished (the rest being caused by world events that I can't control).

Anyway, I just wanted to share this uplifting story for what it's worth. I sincerely hope that all of my CD sisters will be able to enjoy a situation as free and happy as mine.

Love and Peace,
    Larissa

Glad to have you back and feeling better!

Glad she lifted your spirits - your post reminds us how important it is to talk to our partners rather than guess how they our feeling.

Great to hear that you are back, do not let depression take the joy out of your life!

Such a good wife! She communicated and solved your problems very nicely. She saw your need when you would not admit it to yourself. Trust that woman!

I was going through the same thing, and I wrote in my post "just asked". My wife was being less affectionate and less intemit and I automatically took it as maybe I was dressing to much. I was about to slow down the dressing and then thought to myself instead of just assuming that was the problem why not just ask her. Just like yourself she told me it had nothing to do with the dressing and that she enjoyed the aspect of it all. Sometimes we just read the signals wrong and in reality all we had to do is communicate. Im happy it all worked out and looking forward to seeing you back.

Larissa, I am happy things have worked out so well.
    There is no doubt we tend to read into things that do not exist or try and surmise what our wives are thinking. Good luck with that.
    Talking obviously works the best even if we think we already know the answer.
    I have missed your smiling face so I hope you stick around.
    Crissy

Jennifer, I'm glad you had an opportunity to talk this out with your wife and that your assumptions were unfounded.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great information. I am always encouraged to hear stories of couples working through this desire and finding common ground. Best wishes to you and your wife.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Wonderful, how very uplifting for you. I have the same feelings sometimes,and totally relate to yours. A few words of encouragement are such a boost.

Glad to hear that things have been worked out. She is a good and sensitive woman who loves you enough to accurately sense your needs and wants you to be happy. It is easy to get the wrong impression as we are surrounded with so much negativity toward anything that deviates from the traditional and stereotypical concept and perception of gender. We also make mistakes in how we interpret what it is like to fit into the transgender world. The definition is very broad and in some concepts transgender does not even exist because essentially everybody has some capability to experience the "opposite" gender feelings and behaviors depending upon the circumstances. Once that is positively implanted in our brains we act on it in a multitude of ways. Plus all the fear and shame we experience tends to confuse our perceptions of ourselves in the context of the society in which we live. Glad you are back and relating to the world that is the more natural you. She knows that need and how to help you address it.

Platinum Member
    That is wonderful. A new and wonderful chapter is about to begin in your life!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Larissa, Yes, we need to talk to our partners. When we hesitate to do so, we can make up all kinds of things that we imagine they are thinking about us. Happy for the two of you! I find it interesting that you make a point to say that you are not trans. Perhaps you have no interest in transitioning, but your description of your interests puts you somewhere on the continuum (IMO). Do you think that your depression was related to either 1) not dressing, or 2) imagining that your wife was no longer accepting and so your dressing days were over. If either were true, to me, that puts you on the spectrum. But, the important thing of course is that the two of you talked! Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    Larissa, Yes, we need to talk to our partners. When we hesitate to do so, we can make up all kinds of things that we imagine they are thinking about us. Happy for the two of you! I find it interesting that you make a point to say that you are not trans. Perhaps you have no interest in transitioning, but your description of your interests puts you somewhere on the continuum (IMO). Do you think that your depression was related to either 1) not dressing, or 2) imagining that your wife was no longer accepting and so your dressing days were over. If either were true, to me, that puts you on the spectrum. But, the important thing of course is that the two of you talked! Nancy
    Please everyone read what NancyJ wrote! So many times everyday we read my wife thinks this or that …..I would say most times you have it all wrong. Please talk to your loved ones.

Larissa, I appreciate you telling us the great news! It probably will help many .
    I am very happy for you both and this post made my day.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I am glad you are doing better. Depression is scary and can be dangerous. It drove my mother into a total mental collapse. Once I got her treatment her condition improved. Depression is an illness. There is no shame in seeking help. Getting treatment for depression is really no different that getting treatment for diabetes. Obviously, by your story, you wife is aware there is a problem. Seeking help will not only help you but your wife, friends, and family as they are all impacted by your state of mind.

I hope you continue to get better. Not because we want to see you latest purchase being modeled, but we want you to be healthy.

If we've been out and I'm in my male clothes if I haven't changed within 30 minutes of returning my wife will always say 'where's Amy' and make me go and change. There are some wonderful women out there and it seems we both have one.

We are all taught from a very young age that crossdressing is wrong.
    As we get older we find out that maybe not so much. So if there is any
    sort of disconnect or issue in the relationship with your accepting partner,
    We automatically assume it is the crossdressing. But there are so many
    other reason that could be causing the problems. Yet we assume this is the
    case and draw back into a cave. It is definitely much better to talk with your
    partner and find out what is really going on. So glad you had the talk and all worked out well
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hi Larissa, Thank you for sharing your story. It just goes to show that it is all about communication with out significant others, that we can't just assume anything. Thanks again, and my you have happy dressing always
    Rach

Communication... I love it when people discover (or rediscover) how important that is in a relationship.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Your wife is a gem Larissa. You are indeed very lucky.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

That's so wonderful that you were able to have that conversation with your wife, and that it went just as it did. I'm sure you're thrilled to have Larissa back, as is everyone else here! Supportive and understanding women such as her are not the norm, so you're one lucky lady!

I am so happy for you! I can empathize with you caution, though. Your concern for your wife's feelings is a sign of a good relationship. Even more so in that your wife reciprocates that feeling.

Now comes the big step of getting out as Larissa. I know how daunting it can be, but I also know how invigorating it is. It's a matter of choosing the right venue, and feeling confident to step out of the door. Keep me posted!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Platinum Member
    Hi Larissa , That was a great Story with a Very Special Happy Ending,

Bhe ball is in her court Now, Keep Talking, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great to see you back Larissa - and it looks like your relationship is strong! Couldn't ask for more - All the best, Kris
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Hi Larissa, This is not good news this is "GREAT" news! I am very happy for you! Brenda