Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally busted in supermarket

"Busted" implies that some sort of crime was committed. It wasn't.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Platinum Member
    Sure, nothing may come of the encounter. If you're apprehensive of meeting or engaging with other humans, then you need to prepare for your outing. In this case, should not the OP have been aware of an age ID check?

So you were in the supermarket and ran into some people who might have recognized you as a man in a dress.

You should be celebrating this rather than agonizing over it. You crossed a milestone threshold and survived.

Good job.

It will be easier next time.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I think one should be proud of acheiving something like this its not "getting busted" its a case of being noticed as a man dressed as a woman end of, use this experience to better the way you go about things
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I think it's cool to read these little reports on someone's first times out. Mine was so long ago that I can't remember anything about it. In many cases, maybe this one, it's the seed, or the very beginning of an obsession to look better, do better, that in some cases will last the rest of a lifetime.

It's pretty cool to me to think that there's someone coming along behind me who might be just as obsessed, just as deep into it as I was! I hope I left a good impression along the way, and that I made it easier for the next one.

Believe it or not, some people, even people who aren't into what we do, are quite entertained by seeing our kinds in public.

One of my childhood friends used to talk about seeing a particular crossdresser in a 24-hour donut shop on a regular basis. He was quite enthralled with it and that seemed to be the highlight of going there. Another friend of mine talks about seeing crossdressers at a local grocery store late at night but as a freak show.

I usually only go out when volunteering as a cheerleader but a few weeks ago I went to a local mall to join the senior citizens morning walk. Most of the women smiled when they saw me but I wasn't so warmly greeted by the men. I was wearing a pleated skirt with a t-shirt and a wig but no makeup or bra. I know they all knew I was a man and I didn't try to fool anyone.

After my mall visit, I went to the local university and walked around. As I was leaving, I passed a cop or security guard (he was in uniform with a gun) and I jokingly told him this was not a good day to be wearing a skirt. He grinned and laughed.

I'm pretty sure that not many of us fool anyone who gets a good look at us. I say just go along with being a man dressing as a woman and enjoy the moments!

I say just go along with being a man dressing as a woman and enjoy the moments!
    Could not agree more, and look around and see the awful outfits others are presenting!
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

One thing said to me a while back puts a lot of things in perspective. You think of yourself way more than others do. In customer service you see and hear a lot of things and a passing interaction like that is likely to not be memorable.
    The other theory I go by is another persons opinion of me is none of my business.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Not sure how true this is, but I've been hearing reports that because of The Infamous Supermarket Incident, Lily has sworn off CD'ing forever, burned all her girl-stuff in the fire-pit out back, then entered the witness protection program. Some say she may have even sailed across the pond!

P.S. We love you, Lily!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lily , You are out there now and there's No Turning back Now, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    People look at people. Some stare. Especially men when looking at women. This is normal. You being out in the world wearing ballet flats is normal. You weren't busted. No one cares. Get over it and enjoy yourself.

She will probably forget, if it is a busy place. Any way, you don't dress up to please anyone but yourself. Please remember this. It is important. And don't worry about others. Unless it is your workplace, other's opinions should not be any concern.

You never know. She might have secretly admired your courage to express yourself. When I'm out in drab and encounter someone like us, I tend to study their presentation and my staring might be taken as disapproval. But, in most cases, I am admiring their courage.

The last time I was at Ulta the sales woman that helped me thought I was a transgender woman. She was complimenting me on my appearance. And said the only thing that gives me an away is my height. I did not correct her.

Good on you, Lily for the escapade!
    I think you can see by other people's reactions that this is not a life-threatening deal!
    In fact I'm quite sure that incidents like this bring a very welcome spark in the otherwise fairly ordinary working day of many people - just imagine the amusing tale they have to tell at the end of the day!