Thread: Doctor's Exam

Doctor's Exam

Had a doctor's exam today as Glenda. My doctor knows that I'm trans. But this time it was a full exam. Had me down to my bra and panties. Had my first breast exam she said since I was 75 maybe I should check them. She like my red bra and red lace panties. I was in full makeup and wig. After I went shopping but then I had to change back to my male self before going home. Since my wife doesn't want to see me dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Isn't it strange that your doctor not only sees you dressed but compliments your lingerie, yet your wife doesn't want to see you dressed? I know if I went to my doctor's appointment dressed I would likely get the same response as you, yet my wife is much like your wife. It is such a shame these wives can't get passed this hurdle. While I can, and do, dress at will at home, the wig and makeup are outside of what she wants to see. Anyway, congrats on letting your doctor meet Glenda.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

There are quite a lot of people in my "real life" who have seen me dressed, or femm'ed up in some way, like wearing nail polish, while my wife hasn't, not even seeing my clothes or pics of me dressed. These people include several doctors, nurses, medical technicians, receptionists and other medical associates, therapists, physical therapists, massage therapists, salon techs, sales associates, and random strangers, not to mention many CD/TG/TS friends. I even know several SAs (plus the owner) of a consignment shop that I shop at quite often who have seen me en femme.

But for my wife it is a bridge too far.

A couple of times I've had a doctor's appointment where s/he (unexpectedly) asked me to take off my shoes and socks. I said ,"And socks???" I was wearing nail polish and just decided to own it. One of those times was at a PT appointment. My exercise was to pick up marbles with my toes and drop them into a bowl.

I've even gone to my last 3 dermatology appointments without removing my toe nail polish. Since my appointments were for a full body scan, I knew in advance that I would be asked to take my shoes and socks off. I actually got some nice comments on the color from the doctor's assistant.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-21-2023 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    A wife has a deeper level of engagement with her husband than any doctor, nurse, retail clerk, etc. There are two sides to the coin. Should I force something onto my wife if she does not want to engage in it; especially when I could engage in it outside our home? I don't think it is at all "strange."

I don't pass at all-couldn't in a dark room full of blind folks-so I don't go out in public dressed. Its not about passing really-more that I don't believe what I was doing would be accepted. I live in a red neck country. With that said, I have been wearing nail polish around the house. My wife doesn't really like it but accepts it. I had an appointment with a doctor's office for a physical a week ago. Decided to remove my cool color and go. But needed to go back to allow them to finish the physical with a blood draw. This time, I wore polish- but nothing else" femmy" that they could see. A super bright red that would glow in the dark. The receptionist asked what the color was. The lady who drew my blood had a huge grin the whole time but no other comments. A first for me and was blown away with the results. A win for sure.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Heather, I agree with Steph. I've chatted and danced with many women while out dressed. They r mostly very supportive and curious. But, not once has any of them indicated any personal interest in ever seeing me again.

Because it's one thing to tolerate and support dressers. But, quite another to date or marry one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have gone to eye exams crossdressed, but I don't present myself that way to my GP in part because among other things my weight would be wrong due to all the silicone padding. Also, I feel it probably would take the consultation into what would be (for me) an unnecessary direction.

If I were transgender and actively working on transitioning, it would be a different matter altogether.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I have been to my podiatrist and dentist so far and both were accepting. Nobody cared how I was dressed.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

You are very brave, Fiona. The last thing I want when I'm enfemme is a man's drill in my mouth.

Well, second to last.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Good on y'all who do, but no way I'd go to the doctor dressed.

I think doctors, nurses, a lot of people we encounter are very good at appearing to not care. I think we're kidding ourselves if we think they don't. Or, maybe I'm misinterpreting what "don't care" actually means. If you mean they don't immediately react negatively then I get it. If you mean they don't talk about you after you leave or don't tell their spouse and friends, I think you're kidding yourself.

My doctor knows I'm trans. Years ago I started HRT then stopped after 3 yrs. I'm now a 36-B. I needed a breast exam being 75. My doctor also schedules a mammogram. So why hide my dressing from them. Let them talk the more they see us the better it will be for all of us.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

When I go to my Dr I wear black Jockey NPLP bikinis. He has seen them but no reaction. One time I had his partner and he asked me to take off my sneakers and socks. I was thinking crap but I just took it in stride and he got to see my pretty pink toes, once again no reaction but the female assistant had a big smile. Oh well!
    Crissy

I have a doctors appointment in a few weeks. I'm not going fully dressed but will wear leggings and a nice feminine top. May put on some nails. Perhaps they care, perhaps they don't. At this point I really don't and that's what is important.

I cannot remember the story or book but suspect it might have been one of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Holmes says that doctors are the least curious of all professions and when asked why, he explains that by the time they've finished their clinical training, they've witnessed 'everything' and it is impossible to surprise them.

In these times they also have to see so many patients every day that they might feel they don't have time to explore items without clinical significance.

As humans we try to categorize to simplify our interactions or to gain some advantage in our relationships (not in a bad way) but as I grow older, more and more I am happy that everyone I meet is different.
    Last edited by crobeson96; 01-21-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Many wives have an image of us as their mate and the man they married. They don't want that image shattered as it can be construed as reflecting negatively on them. But that does not necessarily mean they do not at least tolerate that part of their husband if it has a positive effect on his behavior. It is all back to behavior and not appearance. But for many of us at least some of the feminine appearance is important in addition to the internal driver that creates the behavior. For us the two need to be connected in some way, even if it is only small hints. In my mind it is really quite understandable in a marital situation even though out in the wilds of society where relationships and images usually don't go that deep there can be more support of who you are in the larger picture. Not much investment in the contact between you and them.

And women are usually much more accepting of this appearance because they read as a man supporting them in a personal way. Many women have to put up with a lot of crap from many men trying to dominate them as if it is still the way it was 150 years ago. It is refreshing to see a man that is not afraid to show his feminine side or, if that be the case, a deeper feminine identity. Of course in the medical field they are only focused on your body functions, but it is nice when they give recognition to who you really are in the complete person. They also want to make you comfortable in your whole person.

I wear panties every day. I had to visit my doctor for multiple visits due to a low energy level. after multiple visits and blood work ups he determined that my T level was extremely low and wanted to start a treatment plan. He explained that I would be getting a booster shot to bring my T levels back to normal range and would need more blood work in near future. His assistant (female) who was nice but always very proffessional and clinical soon came in with her cart and explained that I was going to get a shot in the glute and was I comfortable with that. She had me stand and drop my jeans low enough to expose my glutes. I had on a pair of Maidenform black panties with the big "M" logo on the back. She in her normal proffesional way gave me my injection and told me to see the front desk to set up a follow up appointment labs. There is no way she couldn't have seen them, but said nothing.
    Believe me they probably have seen worse.

The OP said they were Trans and the SO was not supportive and did not want to see any of it.

That must be super hard on your daily life. I am so sorry for you.

Natalie

I?m not sure I?m comfortable with my doctor commenting on my underwear choices tbh

Many years ago, I had a regular exam from a doctor I'd not been to before. My girlfriend at the time and I decided to shave our private parts. The doctor gave me a hernia test, and then put his hands back down my shorts to confirm what he'd felt; that I was hairless down there. He was shocked, and mentioned something about it not being healthy. In reality, what he did was wrong, but I didn't really care. His hand had been there seconds before anyway. It's just the motivation that changed.

I relate this story because while many of us often say (and I've confirmed) that medical professionals have seen it all, it's not always the case.

Just stumbled on this thread. Seriously, putting red lace specially for a visit to your doctor and removing it once back in the car? Did you mistake your appointment for a date?
    What medical personnel has to put up with...
    Last edited by DianeT; 03-04-2023 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    Just stumbled on this thread. Seriously, putting red lace specially for a visit to your doctor and removing it once back in the car? Did you mistake your appointment for a date?
    What medical personnel has to put up with...
    My appointment was early in the morning, and I was going shopping afterwards and then some lunch before going home.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN