Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

Just like to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I've been crossdressing for as long as I can remember, first time was when I was about 5, there was this velvet dress I just had to try on, got caught by my older sister, who called mum and my other sister, they all laughed and teased me about how cute I looked. Didn't dress up again until my teens and haven't got caught since. I'd love to dress up more but don't get the opportunity. I've never told anyone and never gone out in public.

When and how did others get started and does anyone else know?

Regards
    Jasmine

Banned Read only
    Hi Jasmine. I hope you have fun here.

I started aged eight. If the opportunity had presented itself when I was around five or six I'd probably have started then as I was really obsessed with stockings and garters. I finally got my opportunity when I sneaked into an aunt's bedroom and pulled on a pair of her nylons. I had to fasten her garter belt under my armpits so the clips would hang right at the tops of my thighs. Once I felt the pull of the garters on the stocking tops I was hooked for life!

My aunt knew. There have been five other women since who knew about my male self and Ursula although I have not seen two of them for over 20 years. I'm happy for women that I can trust to know but I'd absolutely hate any guys I know to find out.

Other than a few brief skirmishes with my wife's pantyhose while I was in my 30s, I did not start actively until age 69. Although there are many CDers my age, I am very much an outlier in terms of when I got started. I dress fully, and go out publicly from time to time, with great pleasure. Only my wife knows.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Dressing is all your fault. Not really. I started as a teen wearing my 3 older sisters bras. Then it hit me hard in my 30's. I bought my wife then a beautiful set of lingerie. She never wore it. I did. She worked nights. I had at least 3 hours a night to dress up in them. All this dressing stuff started in earnest 15 years ago.

I go out often enough. Have fun. That is why we are on this planet.

Platinum Member
    The details of how one gets started may vary somewhat but the broad themes are pretty consistent. Most of us were curious about womens wear, experimented early in life, some were caught, many others not. Many discovered or rediscovered the curiosity during the teen years. A few fortunate ones were able to dress and go out in public as teens or young adults, while others among us tried to cure ourselves, deny and/or repress the interest. Often those of us in the latter categories put these thoughts aside through marriage, family and work. Some have managed to integrate their cross dressing within long term relationships, others not so much. And many of us reconnect with our female side in middle age or as seniors, when perhaps we learn to accept ourselves somewhat and perhaps have overcome the fears that held us back. I?m gathering that you are still fairly young, so I hope you can skip the self denial and the repression, and take your first steps out into the world.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aside from a few times wearing my mom's bras and hose in my early teens, I'm much like Kris in that I didn't start crossdressing until age 74. I'm now 77 and plan to continue dressing the rest of my life. In fact, this thought makes me chuckle. If I must go to a nursing home at some time, how will they handle it when I insist on being crossdressed 24/7?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Jasmine, I started when I was 3/4ish years of age. I was never caught dressed, but as my mother knew I dressed, I must have left evidence.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks for all the replies.
    It's always interesting to hear how others started.

Ursula, I did come close to telling a female friend once, but, didn't go through with it, have often wondered what might have happened if I did, life has taken us in different directions and haven't seen her in years. Like you I'd hate for any males I know to find out.

Natalie, I had two older sisters which was great during my teens, got to wear most of their clothes at some stage, really missed that, when they moved out. I did get to wear both their wedding dresses, which was great (a story for another day). I wonder how many of us have older sisters and how that influenced us to dress up?

Kim, I'm just entering middle age, ( but, still young at heart), so have unfortunately already gone through bouts of self denial and repression and purged countless times, but, have always come back. I've long since accepted that this is part of me, would love to dress up more, but, circumstances prevent that right now.

Kris & Heather what was the trigger for crossdressing later in life, did either of you want to dress when younger and how have others reacted?

Jamie, did your mother know you carried on crossdressing into adulthood or just knew you dressed up as a kid?

Thanks again to everyone who replied

Hi Jasmine I would just like to welcome you to the forum.You will find as I have some very generous and kind people here to advise or encourage you. My background is very much a FLR and crossdressing introduced by my wife, I have told the beginnings before so won't bore everyone again but maybe safe to say abit stranger than the average crossdresser. Anyway just saying Hi.

Platinum Member
    No specific trigger. Just a constant process of three steps forward and two steps back. At that slow rate, I takes decades to get anywhere.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jasmine,

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, your story is very similar to many of us. There is nothing wrong with crossdressing, the issue is with the judgmental people we run into.

I will warn you, this forum has given me confidence, you might experience the same. I have now come out to several people in my life although I do not dress 24/7. Before I found this forum years ago, I only told my wife (ex-wife now), she was not thrilled although she did give me a little support. She feared a negative reaction if people found out. I was terrified as well and thought I must be flawed somehow. Now I know there are countless people out there similar to me. Best wishes

Welcome to the forum

welcome to the forum, have fun

Welcome aboard Jasmine.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum.

Amy,
    Would love to hear more about your unusual start to crossdressing and your FLR. I'm sure it's not boring, probably a situation most of us on here would love to be in.

Jasmine, Good to have you with us and one thing we preach here is to never purge again. Most of us that have crossdressed for longer than we care to remember have purged and always regretted it. It is a total waste of money and it will not take long til you are sorry and trying to replace whatever it was you purged.
    I started at around 11 or 12 with my mothers things and then tried to suppress it in my 20s which worked til it didn’t.
    Enjoy yourself here you have found a great place to be.
    Crissy

Hi Jasmine, Welcome aboard. I, too, began early when I tried on a pair of my Mom?s nylon stockings. I knew I was hooked. Then off and on over many years, but never escaping the pink fog. I told my wife before got married. To my awareness, she?s the only one that knows. Happily she?s been accepting and very helpful. We live in a small town so I seldom go out. I do underdress daily. More on weekends.

Hi Jasmine and welcome to the sisterhood. I've only been part of the forum since the beginning of Oct but you will find LOTS of help and encouragement here. I'm 64, will be 65 in May. Have underdressed for about 20 years but finally started fully crossdressing in Sep. Part of it was due to my wife passing in July, and part of it was due to my feminine half introducing herself to me by putting out the thought "I wonder what I'd look like in a dress". Think what you will about me saying my feminine half, I know I have one and she goes by Diane, which is my name here. So again welcome and if you have questions, ask them and somone will answer.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Hi Jasmine and glad you are here. I started somewhere between the ages of 4-5 I think. Mum helped me with dressing up a couple of times when I was that age.
    Just another man in a dress

Before I even knew

Funny enough I got started before i was even aware.

I had a sister 10 years older and she dressed me as her doll for years. I have no recollection of this.

Guess it just took.

SJ

I started dressing in my late 30s I can?t remember how or why but I came across a wedding dress in a storage box and a overwhelming desire came over me to try it on and the feeling of satin and lace against my body was incredible from that moment I was hooked.

I started when I was 7, mom and dad were out to dinner and the baby sitter was watching my younger brother and sister . I wandered into my mothers walk-in closet and before long I was wearing her bra, girdle, and a red sheer babydoll nightie. I felt amazing. My mom had told me for years that I was supposed to have been born a girl and when my sister was born I started experimenting with womens clothing. Did not venture outside enfemme until I was 15 or 16. Been a wild ride!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I started dressing by trying on my mother?s pantyhose when I was 10. They felt so good to wear. In my early twenties I bought other feminine clothing and dressed more often. Then I made a huge mistake not telling my wife before we married. Wife caught me a few times over the past 34 years wearing pantyhose. I finally accepted my gender fluidity in 2018. My wife does not like to see me dressed, so I try to limit my dressing to my separate bedroom with my pantyhose, panties and nightgowns. I do underdress in panties and pantyhose 99 percent of the time.

Love your story Jasmine ! I grew up in the middle of 2 sisters. My first experience was my mother putting me in one of my sisters dress when I was about 6 to try and fool an old nanny who had not seen us in years. OMG ! To this day I have never seen my sisters happier and yes they teased me the whole time which lasted about an hour. The shocking part of the experience was that once my mother was done making me up I really looked like a sweet little girl ! Ugh Plus I felt so exposed in such a short dress ! I remember thinking how funny the dress moved as I moved and of course how much all the females enjoyed making me twir in the dress !

Can you tell me more about the velvet dress experince ?? Did you enjoy how you looked and felt in the dress ?
    Did you end up in the dress longer than you expected ?
    Did your mother or the girls tease you for awile and try and get you into other dresses ?
    Did they forget that incedent or have they reminded you over the years ?

Hi Robbiegirl,
    I would have loved your experience tbh, it sounds like great fun, did your mom or sisters ever dress you up again?
    Regarding my own experience I can't really remember, as it's a long time ago now, but, from memory, it was a maroon velvet dress with white frilly short sleeves and collar. I can't actually remember any of my sisters wearing it, but, it probably was too small for them at that stage. For some reason it was hanging on the outside of the wardrobe ( I shared a room with my two sisters) when I saw it I just got this overwhelming urge to wear it. I knew even at that age that boys don't wear dresses, so when I thought the coast was clear I seized my opportunity and tried it on, I didn't have it on long when I heard one of my sisters coming into the room, I hid in the wardrobe and waited for her to leave, but, I moved slightly and knocked over some shoes, I froze hoping she didn't hear it, next the wardrobe door opened and she found me in the corner of the wardrobe trying to hide behind some clothes, when she saw me she burst out laughing and ran to get my other sister and mom, by the time they came back, I had hid under the bed and was crying, but, they found me and they eventually coaxed me out. They light-heartedly teased me about it, but, I remember taking the dress off as fast as possible and running away. I can't really remember anyone referring to it again, or ever seeing the dress again, but, I imagine my sisters probably did tease me for awhile, but, I just don't recall. My sisters have never reminded me over the years, so, I presume they have long forgotten about it. Thankfully my brothers or dad weren't at home at the time, afaik, they were never told, my brothers would definitely not let me forget about it if they knew. I didn't dress up again until my teens!
    Last edited by char GG; 01-28-2023 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours