Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you Identify as a Sissy or a Nancy Boy?

I used to balk at labels - including crossdresser. But since I?ve accepted that I?d happily also accept I?m a sissy and a tranny and most other associated terms?not that I?d go around advertising them though!

I'm just me - a straight male, happily married guy who simply loves pretty bras and panties.

Like others have said, I simply identify as a crossdresser.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm fine with sissy. The opposite of 'tomboy'; I was a boy who feels and wants to behave as I believe that most girls would. I don't go out of the way to over emphasize the outward feminine, by over doing a fem voice or mannerisms, but I'd fit in just fine if I woke up tomorrow as a girl, and never look back.
    So, sissy it is, because that's how my older sister described me when talking to her friends.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    I think I get the thrust of your question. In drab, I'm neither a sissy nor a Nancy boy, but quite male and I doubt anyone would question it. I doubt there's anything feminine about me. When I'm prettied up, though, I hope that there is little trace of masculinity about me -- no "Tom Boy."
    Yeah, what Geena said. Charles and Carla have the same bad boy mischievous grin. Sissy Carla is a character that I role play. Poor girl. Always in trouble.
    I do have a favorite jingly "sissy" necklace that I always wear because it makes me feel good.
    I love conversation when out and I do get the impression they know I'm male. I don't voice augment because the truth is, it's just me having fun role playing.

Someday, some nice lady will ask politely if I'm male. That would be a wonderful conversation. I'd offer coffee just to chat for awhile.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

The whole concept scares me to death.
    I probably don't know how I identify until I'd be called out on it.
    While in a dress, I may succumb.

I love being a sissy. When I put on my custom made sissy dress from Leannnes pretty dresses. I ordered it with the full satin lining too so it feels extra good when I wear it. Nothing my wife likes better than to come home and catch me doing house chores in my sissy dress.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

When I was in my early teens I was bullied pretty bad and they would taunt me with Crissy is a sissy. I hated it and finally stood up for myself and it ended. I do not consider myself a sissy and I have never heard the term Nancy boy.
    Crissy

Jaime, I don't prefer either of those labels as they both seem quite derogatory. I consider myself just a guy with good fashion sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "U can call me Ray, or u can call me Jay, or u can call me RayJay. But, u doesn't has ta call me Mr. Johnson!"
    Doc, I always thought this line ended "just don't call me late for dinner!!"

Kelli, love your attitude.....aren't they great!

Davina

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    Jaime, I don't prefer either of those labels as they both seem quite derogatory. I consider myself just a guy with good fashion sense!!

Doc, I always thought this line ended "just don't call me late for dinner!!"
    I agree.
    I do consider myself a male with good fashion sense.
    I recently had to replace the front brakes on my vehicle. I was dressed in my old sneakers, jeans and heavy flannel shirt since it was cool out but underneath I had on my matching Calvin Klein bralette and panty set.
    I personally see nothing wrong with that because that is "me".

Never, ever like those terms along with a host of others. Not really into derogatory labels for me or anyone else.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I dont think sissy is a bad label depending on the use of it and how someone is using it. The definition of Sissy has two parts: a soft, timid, or oversensitive person, or a boy or man viewed as being overly interested in things traditionally associated with women. : an effeminate man or boy

The part above is me. This part is not me: also : a timid, weak, or cowardly person

I suppose if you like the term, and it fits you, own it. But, it's not for me. To me, the term Sissy if for a very specific lane of crossdressing. From what I have come to understand of the term, one common thread is a the link to dress in satin, frilly, short, "poofy" dresses with white socks and shiny shoes. Not the kind of thing you see a gg girl wearing and certainly not wearing in public. For me, I'm the opposite of sissy, I want to blend in as much as possible, walk thru the looking glass, and experience life as any other woman would. For me, it's a desire to feel like, and be treated like a woman. For me, blending in is the goal.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    NO. I want to appear as a WOMAN.

I never liked that term growing up and I think that it implies that a feminine male is somehow defective or inferior, and, by extension implies that women are inferior to men. So no.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I consider myself to be the equivalent or maybe the reciprocal of a straight tomboy. A woman can be a tomboy without the negative insinuations that the reciprocal man would get. I do wish there were a word that would work as well as tomboy does for a female, but sissy and nancy-boy already have some major negativity associated with them, so I would avoid them personally.

Like others have said, I don't like either term. I am a crossdresser. I do like the idea that there needs to be a word on the same level as tomboy is for women. I would own that, if it existed.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Marina. A sissy is a wimpy man. And, a tomboy is a masculine woman. I'm neither of those.
    I think the term "sissy" may have fetishy conotations for some dressers!

When I dress I try to present as a sexy, feminine, woman.

I believe the proper term for that is either a CD or female impersonator!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    And, a tomboy is a masculine woman. :
    I've known lots of tomboys that don't meet my definition of masculine. They may be considered to be more androgynous in some ways, but many are definitely NOT masculine in most ways. Mostly, a the tomboys I know are like a woman-plus. I feel like I'm the male version of that. I feel masculine, even if my presentation doesn't meet the norm for masculinity. I don't want to be a woman. I don't want to be mistaken for a woman. But, I'd like to have the same freedom that the typical 'tomboy' has without being tagged as something of a man-minus.

I have never been called any of those names BUT have been told that I am such a girl.

But if you really knew me as my male self I do not give off a fem vibe.

Identify as? No.

Don't forget "pansy". The only time I remember my dad saying anything about the way I dressed, that was his term for me. We actually had a very good relationship and he usually just kept quiet about my feminine leanings.

Hi Jamie, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. I am not a Sissy (I had to look this up), and I am not a Nancy Boy (had to look this up too), I am a cross dresser and do tend to pick up feminine traits when dressed. Brenda

I think I get where the OP is coming from. They asked if any of us identify as either a sissy or a Nancy Boy. Those may or may not be the labels assigned by others but don't necessarily have to be acceptable to any of us. I was disappointed in that I sensed a little sensitivity in several of the answers here.

As for me, neither of those terms apply. In fact, I've held off on buying some things that I think I would like to have because I didn't want a "sissy" dress or ruffled "sissy" panties. A dress? OK. A pair of ruffled panties? OK as well but NOT if they are identified as any kind of sissy wear.

Lacy PJs