Thread: Recovering

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

Recovering

Well, I am recovering from a couple of surgeries. One just over 2 weeks ago was to remove a "basal cell" from my lip, where the doc had to remove a "pea size" part of my upper lip. I had plastic surgery the same day and if anything, I must say, it looks good. More symmetrical and better than before. The other was a melanoma on my forehead just over a week ago. This one still worries me as I have not yet got the lab results back yet. I am optimistic as it was very small and only 1mm thick. Signs look good, but there is the worry, in the background, I could be wrong. Not to mention it has left a "crater" in my forehead big enough to hide a 50 cent coin. Fortunately my doc plans some reconstruction, and it is to the side of my left eyebrow where I can cover it with my (wig) hair if need be.----I can't wait to get back to dressing, as once again I will be alone at home, having lost my "house guest" that had been putting a crimp in things. Just gotta wait until I heal.

I hope all goes well with your melanoma. Science has come a long way with treatment of skin cancer. Presently I am going through treatment for early stages of skin cancer on my head and face. Once a month I go see the doc and he uses liquid nitrogen on the places. Quite uncomfortable while he is doing it, but it beats the alternative, plus his assistant is damn sexy!!!!

Sending prayers for a full and speedy recovery as well as good lab results!
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Prayers for good recovery

Platinum Member
    Good luck with your recovery. Hoping for the best on your labs.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Marina sending prayers your way. I've been there three times in almost the last six years. Had skin cancer removed from my left temple in Mar 2017. Jan of 2019 had basal cell removed from the back of my head that left a crater a dime could have gone in. Plastic surgeon was talking about taking skin from my leg to cover it but in the end was able to use the skin on my head. Aug of last year had another patch removed from behind my left ear! Plastic surgeon did take a patch of skin from my left leg and put it behind my ear.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm concerned, Marina. As I've been dealing with skin cancers for 35 years. I get checked every 6 months. And, go to see the docs if something comes up before my appointment.
    Have had countless basal cell cancers freeze dried and maybe 10 larger ones surgically removed.

For those cancers to get that big u must have neglected having them looked at for some time? I can't imagine a derm doc missing them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Very best of luck Marina on a speedy and positive recovery.
    Hope you get to enjoy your alone time very soon.

Glad that you are recovering, Marina.

Since this thread is no longer about CDing, I am closing it. Anymore well wishers, please PM Marina.