Thread: First night out - report back!

First night out - report back!

Following the other thread ahead of Lily?s first night out here?s the report back!

Got to the hotel early evening then went to check out the venue. As I mentioned it?s a LGBT bar/club with a trans night. It was still very early and only a couple of people in so had a drink then went back to the hotel to get ready.

Spent the longest I ever have on makeup, wig, nails etc. Went to take some photos on my phone and Face ID didn?t recognise me - must be a good sign!

Leaving the hotel was a worry because involved walking right by reception and the same staff who checked me in were still on shift, but passed without incident of course. Overthinking again!

Venue was only a 3 minute walk away but wore ballet flats then changed into heels when I arrived (loved that feeling!)

I?d gone for a short skirt, tight top and 4? pumps. Too much? We?ll find out.

The bar was still very quiet when I arrived and no other trans/cd there so felt really conspicuous, but after a while sitting there with a drink realised how strange and liberating it was to be fully dressed with no one batting an eyelid.

Things started to pick up after an hour or so with some absolutely stunning trans girls coming in - wearing outfits that made mine look conservative! Here?s where things got a bit tricky though?despite saying hello and smiling at people I didn?t really get anything back. Maybe it was because I was new. Maybe I wasn?t far enough along the trans path. Maybe it just wasn?t a friendly crowd?

Anyway after a couple of hours in there my thoughts were turning to leaving. I?d been out and crossed a threshold. I?d sat in a bar fully dressed and had a few drinks. But despite the crowd picking up there didn?t seem to be much more there for me.

Suddenly a GG rocks up and introduces herself, saying she noticed I was alone and so was she. I told her it was my first night out and next thing she?s getting in the drinks (making sure I watch her so I know it?s safe) and before long we?re chatting, dancing and having a great time. That hit things off with others too.

It ended up being a brilliant night and I left about 1:00 am while still having fun. Best bits were girl chat with others about clothes, shoes, dresses; the kindest GG who really made the night, having a dance in skirt and heels, and people referring to me as her/she!

Lessons were that going out alone can be quite lonely at first; some trans clubs have a v sexy dress code/vibe; walking outside in heels is tough even if your used to it inside; and worries about being photographed, clocked by hotel staff etc are massively overblown.

Lily, I started going out alone like you many years ago, but I still go out alone, but the difference is now no matter what pub/club I walk into I will know someone or everyone that is there, well done Lily it only gets better from here going forward, no longer are you restricted to 4 walls.
    Last edited by Debs; 03-27-2023 at 01:14 PM. Reason: whoops, lol

Way to go Lily! I'm so glad to hear it was a positive experience. Hopefully this gives you confidence in the future.

Congrats Lily! It definitely gets easier from here on out. Enjoy.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Lily,

Sounds like you had a great time after all. Just imagine if you left too early and did not have that interaction. You do have to be somewhat patient, but you would be surprised how often one or more GGs will pull you into their realm and treat you very well. You just have to keep getting out there and it will keep happening. Good for you. : )

Sandi

Lily, That's wonderful. Congratulations.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Lily, I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself. The 11th I went to a CD event in OKC, had professional makeup done and had awonderful time. I'm going again next month. Keep it up girlfriend it only gets better.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

How wonderful! You showed great nerve and resolve by stepping out and into a new setting. It does feel so liberating when you get away from your usual haunts and strike out as a different person. I totally understand about the heels -- I have a couple pair with the block heels that I am much more comfortable walking in.

Again, so well done!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Just another 'Gurl'
    That sounds like a great time Lilly. Great for you and all involved.
    Just another man in a dress

Lily,

So pleased for you. You'll remember that night for the rest of your life.

I know it's perhaps early to be asking but are you now planning your next steps? More of the same or are there other things on your to-do list?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It's understandable to keep 2 yourself the first time. that also contributes to people keeping away. You will feel more comfortable Projecting a Better vib next time.More people will to talk with you and you can make more effort too.. It only gets better.

Wow! Congratulations on your first outing, I'm jealous. Hope you have more fun nights.

Wow.what a fabulous experience. Who dares wins.