Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first real outing

My first real outing

Hi everyone my name is Charly and I?m quite new to the forum, and I just wanted to say reading your posts it?s inspired me to go out tomorrow afternoon for the very first time fully dressed with makeup, it?s really scary but very exciting, I will post tomorrow night on how it goes.

Charly xx

Charly, as someone who was "in your shoes" just 24 hours ago, get out and have a great time! I visited an awesome CD shop here in NJ, Glamour Boutique, bought a new wig and then went to some large stores to peruse the lingerie and dress sections. Having been to the CD shop a few times before, there was no fear and lot's of calm while heading into the other stores I had the momentary concern that I might have forgotten something which would "give me away."

You will have such a great time, can't wait to read about your adventure!

Platinum Member
    Have fun and be careful! That advice applies to cross dressers and anyone else going out, really.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good for you. Have a good time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Hi Charly, Go For It
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi, have a great time

Charly, Welcome to the forum. Good luck venturing out. Remember, the fear is all internal to you and the sooner you let go of it the more relaxed you will be.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Have fun and be careful Charly - looking forward to your report!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Above all, enjoy your time!

Have a great day out - welcome to the forum

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Enjoy your day out, remember confidence is key. Walk like a lion not a mouse. Own it.

Banned Read only
    Good luck!

Even if absolutely everything does not go exactly to plan remember to accentuate the positive!

Thank you for all of lovely positive messages, I?m really excited but incredibly nervous, now I?m alone I can start to transform into Charly. I?ve decided to go for a walk in a country park not to close to where I live just in case I bump into someone I know. I will update later .

Charly xx

Good luck to you, but personally, I would not do the remote walk. There are many posts about this. Not being critical in any way. You would be fine going to a mall store or eating at an Applebees as an example of safe places. I understand the apprehension though, but really much of that is in our heads and can be overcome.

Looking for those updates.

Sandi

Thanks Sandi it?s not to remote and there is usually plenty of dog walkers about, as it?s going to be my first time out I would be really nervous about going to a mall or store, but maybe next time!!

Charly xx

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The time has come no turning back now dressed and makeup done ready for my outing.

Charly xx

I still remember my first time really out and about. I changed in the handicap stall at a public bathroom and met someone from the forum.

It was so exciting and scary the first time, but I've never gone back in the closet.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Well everything was going well black knee length dress boots stockings and black shoulder length wig and my makeup was probably the best I had ever done , the two things I don?t possess is a coat and bag so I?ve had to borrow one of my partners three quarter coats and a shoulder bag for my phone and lipstick etc ( I hope she won?t notice !!) i was so nervous leaving the house in the light but as soon as I was in the car and driving I felt marvellous although it seemed like everyone I passed was looking at me lol as I pulled into the car park it was quite busy but I?ve got this far so no turning back now. More to come shortly.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

There were a few people in the car park but they didn?t take a lot of notice of me making my way to the lake, it was quite difficult to walk on gravel in heels but as soon as I got to the pathway it was a lot easier but there were a lot more people going both ways I was starting to panic a little but as people passed by some looked at me and said hello some passed by without a second look after a 100m or so i was starting to enjoy myself and I wasn?t even looking away as people passed.
    As I got more confident I even sat down on a bench a couple of times to touch up my lipstick and just to watch the world go by I didn?t really want it to end but it was starting to get dark and it was time to go. I made my way back to the car with much more confidence, I had to sit in the car for a short time think about what I had just done and I wanted to do it again.
    I must have been out for about 2 hours all told, but I had to get home and get the clothes and makeup off and put away, I will never forget my first time out thank you all for giving me the encouragement and confidence.

Charly xx

Charly,

Well done, it gets easier the more you go out but it sounds like you got off to a flying start!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Very nice Charly!! Congrats on your first time out. Please understand that going out en femme is now about to get very addictive. Enjoy this new exciting aspect of your cross dressing journey.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Well done Charley that sounded exhilarating. Ive had some night walks in my neighbourhood but want to get out in daylight hours someday soon. Glad it all went well for you.
    Paige
    Paige

Well done Charley. Sounds as if you had a great time.
    You?ll be wanting to do it again pretty soon.

Glad to hear you had a good time. It'll be easier next time.

In the meantime, it looks like you have some purse shopping to do. Fun!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

You have crossed over the threshold to a new world. It's great that you noticed that others pay you no mind. Isn't it a strange combination of thrilling and relaxing to just get out and be feminine! I'll bet you are already thinking about when you can do it again!

Yes, a coat and handbag are musts. I used an androgenous coat for a long time before I found something at a resale store. Handbags can be found there very reasonably as well.

Can't wait until you can post photos.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Well done, Charly. You will always remember this first step. My first time out was planned something similar to your outing except it was in a location I was unfamiliar with. I drove from park to park in this town (I was out of state) and each park offered a circumstance I wasn't comfortable with. Thus, the only interaction I had was at a fast-food drive-thru. But, my 3rd - 6th times out I enjoyed shopping, lunch, and interactions with others. I'm still nervous when I have to speak as there is no disguising my bass voice; but, I will get over that at some point. One thing I've done and I would suggest the same for you for future outing. Buy yourself some type of small purse as well as a small wallet/card holder type of accessory. When I go out, I transfer my driver's license, debit card, and insurance card to the card holder. It also has a zippered pouch I keep cash in all the time. I want to be prepared in the unlikely chance I encounter a problem while out en femme.

Now, the only thing you have to determine is when you're letting Charly get back out in the world. Go for it, girl.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Charly that's a huge step you have taken there and a really important threshold stepped over.

I don't see how it could have gone any better.