Thread: How do you do it

How do you do it

OK, How do the "Fulltimers" do it?

There are times when I have the opportunity to dress that I just can't imagine putting in the effort. To go femme even without makeup is tiring.

Being a woman is EXHAUSTING so how do those who live as women pull it off.

I'm glad to be a cis male part timer

SJ

Being a woman is physically and mentally exhausting in many ways, it takes a strong conviction to face it with satisfaction, otherwise we shouldn't take it so seriously as to live it full-time.

Saline,

You're right, it's hard work, enjoyable but hard.

For those who talk about going full-time I've said in the past until you've spend at least a week, better if longer, being enfemme 24/7 and finding out just how much effect it takes, then it's not something to enter into lightly.

Being enfemme for day after day gives such an insight into a woman's world. We gain a far better understanding of what a woman's life is like. Ask anyone of us about how we can feel vulnerable when walking alone at night such that we appreciate just how GG's feel.

Time management goes to a whole new level.

Like most things however I suppose you acclimatise to the routine. It becomes your life so you adapt.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Even if I want to go out enfemme to run errands for a short bit, it takes me at least an hour to 2 hours to dress and do make up, even if it's all minimalist. It can be exhausting and a big time sink to prep before going out.

Full time with makeup is hard work, but seeing that I only wear makeup when out or away for a few days its ok, I spend 90% of my time dressed, but only a small percentage with makeup as I dont go out all the time, so round the house warm unatractive stuff with no makeup. lol

For us cis males, I think we have to learn to enjoy the process, and make that process part of our overall CD experience. It's very much an acquired taste, but I know one thing for sure - since I began to dress fully I will never again become impatient with the length of time it takes my wife to get ready to go someplace!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Sabine, I'm not full time. However, the satisfaction of going enfemme is so great, I can't see myself resisting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    For me, it's all about the level of commitment. The facial shaving twice a day, and of course followed by makeup to what ever degree would be the big time consumers I would have. I am just starting with makeup, so it's primarily just lipstick at this point for me.
    I too have a new found appreciation for women's get ready to go out time.
    I know one full time t girl, she has had laser hair removal, so no need to shave. She gets along quite nicely in her world.

Emily

Debs and I are in the same class. Being retired, I?m dressed daily. Most of the time, I will include some light makeup, eyebrows, eye shadow and lipstick. Then there are days when I go the whole 9 yards.

When I started my Friday night drives my wife would always look me over before I would go. Her theory was if something happens it was in my best interest to try my best to present myself as a women. This meant more detail and that meant more maintenance, shaving my chest and leg hairs more closely and doing a good make up presentation. It took more time and sometimes I would get discouraged going out because of all the preparations and then the clean up and removing the make up. It was a lot of work. It takes a lot of time, work and maintenance to be a women.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There r good reasons why most of us here r crossdressers, Sabine. And, that's one of them!

Also, I know a number of trans who live as women. They DON'T spend 2 hours getting all dolled up every day. Just as most women don't either!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-31-2023 at 02:09 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Personally, I find that there are CDs who really savor the process of dressing up and turn it almost into a ritualistic thing. That's why it takes them hours to get all the gear on. I, unfortunately, don't have time for that. I can switch from wearing a suit and tie to girl mode, including shaving my face, putting on shapewear, breast forms, wig, lashes, and full makeup, and finally my outfit, in 20-25 minutes. Sometimes in a car. It's doable. Not the most exciting or erotic thing, but doable.

It does take more time to get out the door.

I only do guy mode for work. Wearing all women's clothes. I pull my hair back in a ponytail. No makeup or nails.

The rest of the time I'm Jean. Full makeup and nails minimum to leave the house.

I'm out , I live by my own rules. As my world has flipped I would rather nobody see me in guy mode.

It's not really that hard when you do it everyday.

Most all my friends are women,,(GGs). They're all different some like my best friend takes longer than I do to get ready. Then she'll go down to the corner store with no makeup on something I will not do

Then I've been doing this for years now

Love Jean

I spend all my time at home dressed, usually without wig or makeup. 90% of my time out in public is spent fully dressed en femme. When out, I always use make-up when meeting other CD's or getting very dressed up. For most of the mundane day to day outings, I wear only lipstick and eyeliner. When you really enjoy being feminine, all this becomes second-nature very quickly.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Hi Sabine,
    I love the process, yes it takes time but it takes less time the more I do it. I spend more time trying on outfits and picking the right heels. LOL For me it is the process, the reward is stepping out of the car. I am not as much a closet case now that I have work at home and company travel.
    Brenda

being a simple crossdresser and not even entertaining the thought of transitioning, I too am content to have my girl time when I can get it and find that when I have two or three days to dress fully all day that pretty much does it for me. It 'fills up the tank" Then I'm content to get back to male mode until the urge strikes again

For me, while the act of dressing is certainly a process, the make-up aspect is what keeps me from the realistic desire to be 24/7, should I ever have the opportunity to do that. I don?t love the thought of dressing in the morning, shaving and doing makeup, only to have to come home after 8-10 hours to remove makeup, shave again, and then reapply. It?s a hassle. Now, if I ever transitioned, I would address that via electrolysis.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm not full time, just most of the time. Yes it can be a lot of work at times. Every day is not a fancy dress party where we have to be pageant ready. You can take steps like lhr to limit your every day effort and reduce the need for full makeup. Once you get the"less makeup" look down, it gets much easier.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 01-31-2023 at 11:19 AM.

I guess it all depends on how you feel about the whole immersing yourself into the female role. For me, all the extra work involved, just makes me feel more at home in my female self. So it's, well, I guess a labor of love. Every female specific behavior, action or thought, makes me feel more comfortable in my own skin (and cute clothes).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.