Thread: Living My Best Life

Living My Best Life

It?s Sunday night, I?m 57 years old and I have been joyfully single for 7 years after a 26 year marriage. I am my true self. I?m completely hairless below my head and eyebrows. I have a very feminine hairstyle which is colored with highlights . My eyebrows are properly plucked and I fill them in with a brow pencil. 99% of my closet is women?s clothes and shoes. I wear feminine glasses. My ears are pierced and I wear big diamonds in them at all times. I?m hanging out with my dog while wearing a maxi dress, cardigan, and feminine slippers. I?m securely tucked. I get pedicures with polish and am occasionally manicured. I see so many people on here who are frightened and afraid that their spouse will hate them or they will be outed. I get you, I was you. My need for being myself was not the reason for my divorce, but moving on was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I?m finally able to live my best life. Divorce is not the answer, but for those of you so worried, please consider opening up because this desire will eat you alive if you cannot express it. The truth shall set you free. I?m free and living my best life. Godspeed to y?all.

Good for you, DeeDee!
    Like you, I've found being my authentic self these past few years to be liberating, affirming and healthful, and the way I dress now is a visible reminder to myself and others that there is in fact life outside the binary box.
    Without the fears, hangups and hesitations about presenting my "new and improved" self to the world, I feel better about myself, more empowered and more confident in my day to day activities and interactions with others.
    My new mantra: "I don't suffer from gender dysphoria. I enjoy every minute of it"!
    Best wishes, Marsha
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

Platinum Member
    Hi Deedee , Congratulations , You are truely Living the Dream Now, Enjoy, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Divorce is never good but if two people don't get along why punish each other. My wife had asked me if she wasn't so sopprtive would things have been different. I told her there was no stopping this, so I would probably have dressed behind her back and if she wasn't going to come to some form of even a DADT exceptiing I wouldn't had gave our relationship much of a chance or it was going to be tuff. This is why I came out full throttle to her, I told her the first time I put on my sisters pantyhose till that same morning that I put on hers, so if there was an issue we would deal or not deal with it before we decided to have children. I give so much credit to everyone here that doesn't have an accepting wife and how they manage all of this.
    I don't ever recommend devorce or anything like that mostly because we really don't know each other personally and don't know how your relationship was. It sounds like you escaped a trap and you are now running free and happy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hoping we will be reading more of your freedom.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Ive remained single. Not on purpose, some what indirectly by choice. I made the single thing work for me and just kept it going. Easy to get used to being alone. Then it gets harder to adjust to sharing a life. Wouldn't mind the company. Otherwise I have fun. No appreciation for all the family related questions here. Makes many decisions easier. I have become a more outgoing person. Life is what you make of it. In many ways this path is easier by yourself. Glad it's working for you too.

I was single for about 6 years after a divorce. I did have some female undies and a nightgown that I wore on occasion. Living alone has some benefits. But I found the longer I lived alone the harder it would be for me to let someone in my life.

I wanted to have a special female person that I could love and share my life with. Now 22 years later, looking back, was that a mistake and stopping me from seeing where I could develop as a Transwoman. I did not know that was a thing back then. But I did see a few TS around back then and they did not look very good at all. So, I did not wish to do that to myself.

My life is great now but at times I dream of being a woman and wishing I had real breasts. I think these feeling come from me not dressing in the past 5 days. Good thing that tomorrow is a full Natalie day. I am worried what will happen when my wife fully retires.

She has seen me dressed and she is not thrilled about it. She asked me if I ever go out because "you look like a man in a dress". That kind of hurt. I do go out once in a while but gee wiz. How about helping me instead of making me feel bad, right?

My best life? I do not really know what that would be, full time Natalie or a CDer at home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a lovely wakeup call your post is Deedee!
    Marriage is an obsolete institution for many of the people that commit to it. They only do it because they r immature and insecure! And, then there's "love"!

Which is actually lust in most cases. And, wears off a few years after the honeymoon!

I don't wish to discourage anyone that gets married because u want to have children. But, for everyone else, what's the hurry?
    After watching all my high school buddies marriages fail, I let my high school and college girl friends marry others. Their's failed of course!

I assumed I'd never get married when I passed 40. But, after dating countless women I met someone quite special! It lasted 10 years. But, when the fun, sex, and intimacy left, so did I!
    At the time it broke my heart!

But then, Sherry showed up and since then? The 2nd 1/2 of my life has been such a ball, Cinderella, eat your heart out!
    Those of u that r suffering in a bad marriage? Get out! Like Deedee and many other of my T friends have!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deedee, That is so wonderful. Good on you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm am 57 as well. My wife left me 10 years ago, nothing to do with CD, she wanted to be with women. We had been married 16 years at the time and have three children together. Anyway, it was painful at the time, I never saw myself as a divorcee. I felt I was a failure. Fast forward 10 years, I realize now that it was the best thing to ever happen to me. She was on and off supportive, mostly off, and always made me feel ashamed. I was very afraid to come out to people because she feared the social implications more than I did. I never left the house, or fully dressed. After a while, it influences your mind, I felt there was something wrong with me. It took me years after we split to be comfortable telling a few people close to me about myself, and to my surprise, nothing but positive results.
    I do not dress fully 24/7, nor do I have the desire to. I casually integrate women's clothing into my every day attire. I do this a few days a week, I do show up male to the office and I socialize almost always as a male. Despite those limitations, I have much more opportunities to dress. I have dated a few women over the years, 2 of which I dated for 2+ years. Those two ladies were much more supportive of my dressing, sometimes pushing me past my comfort zone. Those relationships ended for different reasons, but it did teach me how supportive a woman can be to a CD.
    I do not believe divorce is the answer, and I was devastated when my wife asked out of the marriage. I do think that people should always try to save the marriage, but it has to be a dual effort with lots of compromise. If your partner is not amenable to that, perhaps divorce is not the worst outcome.

That's great Deedee! It sounds like life has opened the door to endless possibilities!
    Shawna

Oh, you go, girl! I've just had a similarly transformative experience, which was accepting myself and coming out. I know I'm exceptionally lucky because not only did my AFAB partner not object, they encouraged it, and they love the resulting androgyne: "I finally have the hot blonde girlfriend I always wanted!" they exclaimed.

And you are SO right about this:

please consider opening up because this desire will eat you alive if you cannot express it. The truth shall set you free. I

Platinum Member
    Deedee, its great that you have rebounded from divorce and find the freedom to express yourself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt