Thread: Sad, but also happy!

Sad, but also happy!

We're renovating our house, so my wife and I are doing early spring cleaning. She came up to me tonight holding five skirts and asked if I wanted any. I picked a knee-length gray skirt with pleats at the bottom. LOL that's the happy part! (She's so supportive; I'm so lucky!)

The sad part is, all of Sherry's things are going into a giant plastic bin and being put into our storage unit until the construction is complete this summer. So no dressing up for me anytime soon.

At least I still have my underpants to wear daily -- last summer I switched from boxers to panties full-time, and I highly recommend it!

When the construction is done, I'll have my own walk-in closet, so everything will be in one place again.

Sherry, surely there is some way you can keep a few of your favorite items in the closet (or dresser drawers) to wear. When we have company coming for overnight visits, I take all my clothes out of the spare bedroom closet and spare bathroom drawers. I put my panties, forms, bras, and nighties in my nightstand drawers. I hang my dresses, pants, and tops next to my wife's clothing in our closet. If such a solution isn't possible, good luck. Just watch out for the pink fog attack when construction is complete.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Unfortunately not. Contractors will be working in all the rooms where I could potentially keep such things.

Overall I think you are doing ok, the positives far outweigh the negative. You get skirts from your wife, you wear panties 24/7 and you have a supportive wife. My guess is you could get in a little dressing possibly somewhere along the line.
    Good luck on the project and I agree with Heather about the pink fog.
    Crissy

Reality Check
    Why not put some of your "lady" clothes where your wife is keeping her clothes? Contractors won't be looking at the size labels.
    Krisi

Krisi, that's a good idea, thank you! She too will have limited space during the construction, but maybe I'll ask her if I can hang a pretty nightgown in her closet, something that won't take much space.

I feel for you Sherry. I went through the same process a few years ago. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but the time to complete the project for me was more than double the quote. I hope it goes better for you.

LOL thanks a lot, Elizabeth. They told us 4-5 months so we are expecting six. However we hired them based on strong recommendations from people whose opinions we trust. And when it's done, we know our home will be nicer. So we're focusing on the positives.

At least there is a bright side.
    You're own walk-in closet will be fabulous. We have one and share it. Some years ago when house shopping we actually found a home with 3. My wife saw them and said, "one for me, one for you and one for Cheryl". We didn't buy that home, but the thought always stayed with me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Definitely! Until packing up yesterday, "her" things were half in our bedroom closet and half in my home office closet. Now I'll have tons of space for all my (real) clothes, plus Sherry's, in the bedroom closet. Which means it won't be cluttering my office, too.

Yes, a little sabbatical, but where there?s a will, there?s a way. You?ve already started with panties. I agree with Krisi. Surely there?s room for a few other things. Time will fly by.

Save some clothes and things for a possible weekend getaway for Sherry.

I can get to the storage unit whenever I need. It's only a few miles from here.