Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving 24 hrs in 2 days alone. Fem comfy or fem dress up?

Driving 24 hrs in 2 days alone. Fem comfy or fem dress up?

Hi everyone. I just learned I will be driving for work, alone, 12 hrs one way. Out and back on back to back days. It may stretch into 3 days if I get too road weary. So, a TON of driving. I've never done it, but I'm considering driving in fem. But with that many miles to drive, I'm thinking comfort over fabulous? Any thoughts? Anything I should be on the look out to watch out for? Im thinking cute t shirt and yoga pants, but a dress is exciting to think about. Possibly a skirt and a T shirt? I don't think I'm very passable, but I need to challenge myself more and get out of my comfort zone I think.

I used to love business trips like that! I would go all out and wear a dress or a skirt!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I agree with Karren, a dress or skirt outfit would be very tempting to me.
    My longest drive so far is has been to Dallas, about five hours away. In the hot summer weather, I wear girl shorts, a nice cami, and flats.

Since this is an opportunity that likely may not come around often, that may be a big factor.. go for a nice skirt outfit!

Emily

Good for you, sounds like fun. I am thinking a skirt and woman's t-shirt; easy to put on a pair of jeans and shirt if you need too. Oh, and definitely bring some heels. Have fun, let us know how it went.

I have to agree with Emily; if this is an opportunity that doesn't come up often, take FULL advantage of it! I would go with a dress or skirt.

Pick gender neutral places for restrooms. Starbucks are good. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

It sounds like you are excited.

What you didn't say is whether or not you will be driving a company vehicle (with or without logo), or if you are driving your own car.

If it's a company car, be careful. You may be seen and/or it may get back to the company.

What goes up, must come down, right?

Choose one outfit for the trip there and the second for the trip back.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I'd see what GGs usually wear for long trips and try to replicate it.

Going out of your comfort zone doesn't mean you have to be uncomfortable. Wearing something fancy imo would be kind of a waste because:

A) Very few people would see you in it.

B) You'll be increasing wear and tear (sweat, etc) on a possibly more expensive garment.

C) You'll be dying to get out of the outfit and into a shower by the time you arrive. I don't know about you, but I know I'm not in the mood to fold things neatly in that circumstance.

T-shirt and a skirt sound fab. Capris would work too.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

POV-- go for it!

Company vehicle..... oh boy, really have to think about it...too many 'what ifs'.....

Twelve hours driving per day will be brutal no matter what you wear. Dress comfy. Go for a skort and a nice t-shirt top with flats or even women's running shoes. You didn't say but should definitely consider if it was a company vehicle or what interaction you needed to do at the turn around point. Have fun!!

Silver Member
    Could wear a long and full maxi skirt, those are comfortable for driving (and for sitting) for long periods of time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wear whatever u like on the road. No one will know or care.

Then, change into whatever you're comfortable folks seeing u in for your pit stops!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Summer dress and sandals if it is hot outside is my usual choice for long road trips
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 07-20-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Simple A line skirt that comes just below the knee standing which will sit just above sitting. Scoop or vee necked tee and add a simple necklace and bracelet just to lift the whole thing. Flat or very low heeled shoes, do not be tempted to drive in any form of heels as the strain on your legs will soon become apparent if you're not used to it.

And yes, what goes out must come back so that says different outfit. If you do opt for a dress, remember not to get it caught in the door of the car if it's a full skirt.

Some of my favorite dressing days included driving home 200 - 300 miles from a business trip totally dolled up in a cute dress or skirt if your driving on a four lane you will be amazed how many truckers will check out your legs. Char makes a great point if you driving a company vehicle be careful. Enjoy!

Thank you all for your input! It is a company car, but it's my company and there are no logos on it, so no worries there. I think I'm going with the skirt idea and a v neck t shirt if I call manage to pull off some cleavage. I have silicone hip pads, maybe too hot and sticky after a while? I don't shave my legs, do you think pantyhose to tights under my skirt would be too hot and uncomfortable?

I think pantyhose might be too warm to wear outside in the summer

Comfort, absolutely.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Skip the hose and just shave the legs. No one will care.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I agree with Dee if at all possible shave your legs it will take your Crossdressing to the next level.

I'd just wear a comfy skirt and top or leggings and top. Nothing too formal for a road trip.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Leggings and a comfy blouse. Little white tennis shoes. What a nice way to help make the drive super fun. Most of all just enjoy yourself.

Aspiring Member
    Is it even legal to drive for 12 hours in a day - especially for business purposes?

Aspiring Member
    Go for a skirt and some pantyhose. Wear a wig and put on some makeup. Your car is air conditioned. Stop at a rest stop and enjoy a little walk.

Comfort most important. Long driving. 12 hours mean restroom. Some were some place. I would think about that are you going on highways with rest areas or going into town as Mickey D s.