Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question from our GGs

F.A.B Forum Moderators FAB Forum Mods's Avatar

Question from our GGs

We have a question from some of our GGs
    How many CDers wife or girlfriend is on the forum and sees the things said about their partners and relationships.
    F.A.B. Forum Moderators

Not my wife.

I treat the forum as a safe space and I trust you girls to spill the beans to her.

Just another example of my compartmentalization if you think positively about it or my duplicity about it if you think negatively. My wife doesn't appreciate that I'm a crossdresser, and many times I do what I need to do to "survive". She has said many times that she doesn't want to see me dressed or participate in my crossdressing.

I've been going out and about mostly with CD/TG friends, but sometimes alone, for 15 years now. My wife knows that I "go out with friends" and tolerates it most of the time. I don't know what would happen to me if I had to stop
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My wife is not but it's by her choice.

Not mine either , not that I didn?t invite her, she?s just not interested.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My wife is not on the forum.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

My wife is not.

She has made it very clear that any information I feel would help explain why I have this need, she specifically has no interest in reading.

- Suzie

My wife also is not on this site. I did try and get her to join but she had absolutely no interest.
    Crissy

Not mine. But interestingly the therapist she made me go see with her in 2017 gave my wife a homework assignment to research crossdressing via the internet. This is one of the sites she looked at. I know because I looked up the web cache on our computer. She came to me and said everyone with this problem ends up divorced, and we are not going back to her again. So I am pretty sure she has no desire to look here or anywhere.

Sandi

Not mine, but she knows all the girls I go out with and lets me go to the monthly meeting, she has been a few times, but not recently. She knows Im on here, but doent want to join

I think the GGs wondering this think this is how CDs think .
    Talking like they hate women…..they are hotter than their wife .
    Cheating on their wives…..like it’s because they are a cd ( roll my eyes
    Stuff like that and wonder if the way they talk about their partner, relationship don’t they worry about the partner reading it?

To me is is a few that do that and they feel is a place to let off steam, and does not reflect everyone.
    Last edited by Di; 02-22-2023 at 10:49 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My SO is not a member or regular visitor here (as far as I know!), however I have on several occasions quoted or read aloud passages to her from relevant posts. A brief, sometimes lively, discussion often follows, which is helpful - to both of us.
    Overall, I'd say this has given her (and me) a broader understanding of CDing and non-binary behavior, all of which has been beneficial to our relationship.
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

I have not shared this site with my wife. I personally do not think she would participate.

She is somewhat tolerant of my occasionally showing up as Natalie. I do get a Gee Wiz at times.

On the other hand I ask for advice and she askes me about her fashion choices also.

Married 22 years.

While my wife is totally accepting and supportive, though invited, she has no interest in the forum.

My wife is not on the site. She is aware that I communicate with “people like me” on a forum for crossdressers. I do not think that I ever said anything about her or our relationship that she would not agree with.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    By my count that is ZERO dresser's wives that visit CD.com. But, I've read that some wives have visited in the past. Where r they now?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife is not. We are in a DADT relationship. She knows but doesn?t really say anything about it. She might have browsed the internet and come across this site but there is no way she knows that Im Celee which is good because this is my go to site when the pink fog hits. When I cant dress this site helps me get through it.

The FAB forum exists and has members. Some of us must have partners, SOs, wives who do join up. Perhaps they simply do not need/want to advertise this fact.
    (Or maybe they are unaware? )
    A very good friend of mine is still a member of the FAB, even though we moved apart several years ago.
    She is very supportive.
    I gathered from her that the FAB is a very lively place with a lot of discussion about the posts on the open forum, and a very supportive tool in assisting SOs etc understand us.
    Last edited by GaleWarning; 02-22-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Mine has been a member since about 2005.
    When I first came out to her I had her join so she could read all the questions and replies from everyone. She became a FAB member.
    It helped tremendously with her acceptance of my dressing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I first came to this site, my husband did not know that I was online here.

I came for research. It felt like a better place than some sites that bash CDers.

That said, there were some alarming posts. I had to separate our situation; and not think all CDers thought and did the same things as those who were worrisome or disturbing.

Now I feel that there are many points that may be good conversational starters for a couple to talk about.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-22-2023 at 01:32 PM.

My wife is not on here and I am sometimes glad for that.
    I think the mods do a wonderful job of keeping the ugly off or at least down to a minimum but it is here.

If posts are looked at objectively there are some that go to fetish, emotional issues, angry feelings and down right hate. I think most of us can pick and choose what to believe, think or accept because we live with this everyday and know what reflects us and what does not. A wife or girlfriend who is just being exposed to our life choices may be overwhelmed and start to think what if my crossdresser believes this or thinks that way.

If you have a very open and communicative relationship you may address these posts and get a chuckle or at least an answer. I think many spouses would internalize the issues that posts create and not confront her CDer. As time goes the questions may fester and do more harm than good.

My wife has no interest in seeing anything here in the forum. I've been up front about being on here and she didn't particularly like that I am involved with the conversations. To my knowledge, she hasn't been on her and she doesn't know my online name.

I try to always be aware that she could come on here at any time and possibly figure out that I go by Bea. So, I filter the things I write accordingly. She still wouldn't like some of the things I've written over my time here. She's fairly supportive of my style, but, as far as the online part of it goes, it's DADT.

I haven't read any post addressing the following thought, so I'll open it, as it was my first thought. I really don't know whether or not my wife is on this forum. She could be here as a visitor, which would be very difficult to trace or verify. Even if she is a member, this forum respects desires for anonymity. Both of us have a certain level of privacy in our online activity, and a certain level of trust is involved. If I penetrated all of her online activities, what would such information provide to me? Wouldn't such penetration into her personal realm violate her personal trust in me? And she could access this forum via other computers that I have no access to. Tracing her activity via the Internet protocol addresses would be very time consuming with few accurate results. I know she already knows about my dressing. She's found most, if not all of my female wardrobe. She hasn't complained except for the space it takes up. That's very generous on her part. She respects my privacy, and doesn't ask to the point of being grotesquely obnoxious. And I don't tell or talk about it to the point of rubbing her face in excrement. We seem to be making that work for now. Our attitudes may change in the future, and we may each be able to work with those changes as they come. I know for a fact I would NOT EVER sacrifice my marriage for my personal rights as a crossdresser. It's a personal values/priorities decision, evaluation, and conclusion. My situation would never be for EVERYONE. We are all different individuals.

Thank you for reading,

Linda

My partner knows nothing about Charly and hopefully doesn?t know anything about the forum.

My wife works in the public sector and on occasion will speak of an encounter with a trans or cd in her workplace. She does her job in a professional manner but I know when she speaks of it she is not an accepting welcoming person to those who are trans or cd. This is why we are DADT. I keep my cd practices to myself and am extremely careful to keep it hidden. She does not want to talk about and we haven't since the last time I tried about 10yrs ago. I know the possibilities of getting caught or outed are there. In my experience with her over the years if I did slip up she never said anything but just quietly went on with life. Example: a few years ago I washed some panties in our bathroom sink and left to dry over the shower bar. I forgot them when I went to work on the evening shift and she apparently found them. She never said a word, nor did I ever see them again.
    So, no, my wife is not on the site and to my knowledge does not know of its existence. We have our own computers and rarely access one another's devices. As well, with our status, I don't think I would want her on the site unless something changed and she became very supportive and involved. I have no animosity about her position as we are individuals and allowed to live our own lives yet remain very close and engaged in all other things.
    Molly

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I think the GGs wondering this think this is how CDs think .
    Talking like they hate women?..they are hotter than their wife .
    Cheating on their wives?..like it?s because they are a cd ( roll my eyes
    Stuff like that and wonder if the way they talk about their partner, relationship don?t they worry about the partner reading it?

To me is is a few that do that and they feel is a place to let off steam, and does not reflect everyone.
    Visiting a forum like this, it is important to remember that you will come across people from all walks of life and people who have very different backgrounds and situations from you. There will be opinions here that are totally different from your own, and there will sometimes be posts where all you can do is shake your head.

We often advise new members, and especially the rare GG who comes in for the first time, that "Everybody is different" and that what you read here may or may not apply to you or your SO. For a wife/GF visiting here for the first time, searching for information and support after just having found out about her man being something other than she thought, there are a lot of posts here that could be very disturbing. The good news is that it is very possible that the bad stuff does not apply at all, but the bad news is that it is also possible that some of it does.
    At least, this forum is so much "cleaner" and informative than most of what a simple internet search would offer.

If a new GG is able to engage here and ask for advise, then there are some great resources in the FAB and the Loved Ones sections, and even in the open room, but it is very important that everything read is taken with a grain of salt, and that nothing is taken for fact without talking to the SO about the actual situation. It is also very important to know that the SO (the guy) may not himself know the answer to some of the questions!
    Even among the regular GG's here who sometimes post in the open room, there are some stories that would be very scary for someone just learning about this, but again, it may or may not apply.

I sometimes cringe when I read posts here, thinking that while a lot of us are on the same general sheet of music, there are some here who I have absolutely nothing in common with. I have sometimes wished that my wife would be willing to read what is talked about here, but there are many times where I am glad that she doesn't since I would constantly have to explain and reinforce why what was said does not relate to me in any way.

As for people who are disrespectful towards their wife and GF here, all I can say is that a lot of men are A.. H...s no matter what clothes they are wearing. Fortunately, as Di said, it is a few and it does not reflect the way most here are. Sometimes in a place like this, the loudest voices are not the ones you really want to be listening to, but it can take a little while to sort it out.
    I will never be disrespectful like that to my wife, neither here, to my friends, or to my colleagues. I love her and respect her and I speak nicely of her, also if we do not agree about something.

- Suzie
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 02-22-2023 at 02:28 PM.