Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Nice to see you're making progress (and friends) closer to home.
Yeah, it's weird. One could argue that I've kinda been transitioning *socially*, anyway. Been here a couple times earlier in my life... Though each era is a bit different (older more-experienced self, new environment with new people, cultural/social shifts re: LGBT, etc.).

Definitely a much-needed & even long-overdue inclusion into a part of society that previously was a bit more off-limits to me, rightfully so. The GG's in my neighborhood have been absolutely wonderful... And I'm even starting to feel more comfortable around certain men.

Anyway, yes, I remember MarkB. I can see why he would do what he does, but just not for me personally. I will say that what he does? Takes steel ones, I assure you.

However, he's not the chap I was originally thinking of, who pre-dated Mark here by years.

Now, where were we? Ah, yes... Skirts & tights, in guy-mode!

My first & only outfit of the day, since early this morning, is the skirt/tights/flats thing. Hoodie, winter hat, long femmy winter coat, etc.

I've gone out to my car multiple times to enjoy my, ummm... Morning/afternoon "cups of tea." Hey, legal in my state, anyway?

At some point, I was like, I can't do this. Skirt & tights in guy-mode in broad daylight is too tough. And more & more people are starting to mill about.

Then I told myself: Tough noogies, girl! You intentionally & voluntarily chose your outfit this morning. You didn't have to go this route. Yet, you couldn't resist. You thought you could just back out anytime. Nope! Not in my house, young lady!

And then she made me keep the skirt & tights & flats on, indefinitely. What a total bitch!

Well, what has helped me keep going, was seeing two GG's wearing skirts, as well, throughout the day so far. Guess I'm in good company!

BTW, that's something else to consider: Do the GG's in your neck of the woods tend to wear skirts/dresses more often during certain days of the week, time of year, maybe changes in weather?

Others seeing yet another someone else (you!) wearing a skirt on any given day, the same day that GG's may be more likely to wear one? That would help you blend that much better, otherwise. Yeah? Definitely makes things easier, doing things together with others.

Easier said than done, but have confidence, ladies. Stop caring. Do it well & just own it!