Thread: Inappropriately Dressed

Inappropriately Dressed

I was shopping recently and happened across a fellow CD. She was dressed in a knitted, sleeveless, mini dress ; no coat and bare legs. I was dressed male; thick coat, jumper and gloves. The temperature was around freezing and a biting wind. She appeared very, very cold. Surely a short jacket wouldn?t have spoiled the look. ( Before you ask,I did only know she was CD because of the 5 o?clock shadow)

Sounds like one or two people who post on here from time to time...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Similar to me going out in 5" spikes for the day or evening. Ouch!

Sometimes we must sacrifice for our art!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    To each her own. Even if it's freezing out.

I would rather be warm then showing everything off.

Wasn't me wouldn't be caught dead with bare legs don't think I'd even be allowed to leave the house.

I?m with ya Amy. I wear some form of hose, mostly thigh highs HSR, of course, daily. Starts every day with a smile.

On rare occasions I have seen that here - on a cold winter day with strong, frigid winds, and snow coming down almost horizontally. I make sure my phone is handy in case I have to quickly call 911 because the person collapses from hypothermia. On the other hand, there were times when I did something much, much milder because I thought in those conditions there would be fewer people. Took an hour for my earlobes to defrost. I didn't know that you don't wear earrings when it is really cold unless you have a really good hat or hood to cover them. Duh!!!

Seems the lady you saw fits in the other discussion of the Cliche's of crossdressing.
    I've seen others like that as well and some that aren't so obvious. I generally point them out to my wife and sometimes she'll ask how I know it's one of us. Once I reference the finer points she has that AH moment.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Rachael, I have met other like minded ladies who did not dress appropriately for the circumstances. To each their own.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 02-12-2023 at 02:51 PM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

If I ever do go out in public I will probably try to dress appropriately to avoid attracting attention, but, to each they're own, fair play to her for having the courage to go out in public, wish I was as brave.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-12-2023 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Be careful, sounds like judging which is not allowed

Mod note: Please note this rule when responding to this thread.

Not allowed:

Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves?..
    Last edited by char GG; 02-12-2023 at 09:07 PM.

I do not how to respond other than to say, Oh My.

I prefer long boots with at least a 2? heel with a dress like that when I go out. To each her own though! I just can?t handle the cold!

To char; what follows isn't criticism, but observation.

Where I work, I happen to see quite number of young 20 something GGs. It is very (and I do mean very) common to see such women dressed not unlike that described by the OP, and it is certainly winter here. So, inappropriate? Eye of the beholder. To the young 20 something GGs I see, they probably wouldn't think so.

A long, long time ago I went to my first CD support group meeting. It was the dead of winter. I was wearing blouse/skirt/hose/heels. I was fine when I arrived; it was early evening and not too windy. By the time I was back on the road headed for home (1.5 hours away), it was much later and the wind had really come up. The wind chill was sub zero (F). This was before I had a cell phone, and phone booths actually existed. My wife wanted me to call to let her know I was on the way home. I stopped at a convenience store, and there was a phone off a few dozen feet from the store itself, but it wasn't a booth. I parked near the phone, but couldn't reach the phone from the car, so out I went in the bitter cold. I've never been so cold in my life, with the wind playing havoc with my skirt. Never again
    Last edited by JulieC; 02-13-2023 at 03:46 PM.

In Newcastle UK that would be dressing to blend---with the girls out for the evening even in midwinter.

One person's inappropriate is another's fashionable or comfortable.

Many out there would consider it inappropriate for a man to wear a dress. Some think a woman wearing a bikini at the beach is inappropriate. And so on.

Tonight it's a little chilly for a skirt, so I've decided it's appropriate to wear leggings. If any of you would like to join me in my shop, you may wear whatever you deem appropriate, and I won't judge.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hmmm near freezing here in Winnipeg, we deem that to be quite mild and many folks tend to leave their coats in the car at that temperature when they plan to go shopping or go into the night club. Geez even some guys wear shorts in that nice weather.

I have worn high hemlines out in the cold, but always wore more heavy hosiery. Also, I would wear a coat.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Reminds me of a Christmas Eve in Torquay, Devon, back in the 1980s, when all I wanted to do was invite the ladies of the night into the pub for a hot toddy! They were so cold!

Another way of describing the situation is this: One can choose to be sexy or cold.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wake up call for everyone! I live in SoCal and we recently had a week or so of days in the 40's! I know! Shocking, rite?

Yet, I saw quite a few MEN out and about in their T shirts, shorts, and flaps with bare feet! While most folks were in puffy ski coats!

So, this isn't just a 20 y/o GG and CD dressing thing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!