Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you wear?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

What would you wear?

Scenario
    1) You decided to go to a local crossdressing social group monthly meeting or house party for the first time. You could come dressed from home or are welcome to change at the location
    - What would you choose to wear not knowing what to expect others to be wearing?
    - Would it be a different style than your preference or usual style?

2) You enjoyed the scenario 1 activity and choose to attend regularly. Taking note that you have become friends and/or comfortable with others and have noticed the diversity of styles displayed are just like on this forum. (Some folks casual, some dressy, some in mini leather skirts, some in more like costumes, etc)
    - What would you wear for your second and following get togethers?
    - Would you feel comfortable in your preferable/usual style (if you differentiated the style in scenario 1)
    - Would an outfit that is rarely ever worn like a fancy ball gown be ever considered as a chosen outfit without there being any specific reason (like the group’s fancy dressing theme) except that you just felt like wearing it?

3) You decide to go to a public event like a dinner theatre where the style of people attending are a 50/50 mix of casual (everyday wear) or dressy (date wear).
    - Would you go casual or dressy for the first time crossdressing for it
    - Would you dress in the style that is different from your first time for the following outings to the same event?
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-05-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Since you said "house party", dressy casual should fit the bill. No leather, whips, or handcuffs.

Knowing your dress style, you'll probably look better than most in whatever you wear, anyway.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Patience, I am not asking for advice for me to wear on this thread. I am comfortable in whatever I feel like wearing. I am interested in reading what others would wear.
    Btw I have actually worn and seen a few others wearing outfits like a leather corset, mini skirt, studded choker, thigh high boots and etc to a cding house party/meeting with still respecting the group’s rules on behaviour.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-05-2023 at 10:56 AM.

It really is true: No good deed goes unpunished.

Does the event happen in the daytime or in the evening? What's the weather expected to be like on the day of the event? Those things make a difference.

I have been there! The first time I went, I wore a nice dress (below the knee), a little formal but I knew it was an accepting setting. I noted that showing some leg was not an issue, so since then I have worn my gold sweater dress, and a bodycon dress (as seen in my picture posts). I think I blend in with the others well.

I have gone to a club with some of the ladies a couple of times and just dressed to blend with my friends in what I felt good wearing. In a more formal setting, I would probably feel more at ease in something more formal / conservative.
    Last edited by Geena75; 02-05-2023 at 11:13 AM.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Hiya Patience, I tried to send this in private message but your inbox is full.
    I am very sorry if my post came out as punishing, did not mean to. I just did not want the thread to sway into multiple people giving me the similar advise especially when I am not asking. I am really interested in reading what others are comfortable in wearing for the scenarios

No worries, Princess Chantal. I got a forum notification that my inbox was full and cleared some old messages.

Totally get it about keeping the thread focused. It's not unusual for conversations here to go astray or even further.

So, daytime or evening? What's the weather going to be like?

Let’s go with evening as the local group in my city tends to have gatherings starting in the evening (cater to the 9 to 5ers LoL). Indoors as well, in Winterpeg it is common for us to wear jeans or pants in the winter to the establishment then take them off if wearing a dress or skirt. Also it is common for us to bring along heels in a carry along bag to wear indoors (even if not cold outside)

Geena,
    My first time to a monthly meeting I went in total guy mode and took notice how others dressed so diverse. Helped me in deciding what to wear for my first meeting crossdressed. Went with a red velvet mini skirt, black top, and ankle boots for that meeting then with becoming a regular I just went what I felt like wearing whether casual, dressy, clubbing, costume, etc. was just a comfortable place to play with styles
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-05-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Good to know.

Well, it's not a beauty pageant and in all likelihood there will be some variance in each individual's crossdressing abilities, so not being the kind of person that likes to draw attention to themselves, I'd probably wear a black top and a patterned skirt (or vice versa), stockings, comfortable shoes and a light jacket.

I also have some animal print tops I like to combine with black pants and skirts. Seeing as it's a crossdresser meeting, I'd do everything I could to avoid having to wear trousers.

If I opted for a dress, again probably black or some subdued color. That's what I would wear for a house party if I did not know anybody there.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'd go with a little black dress, something sexy but not trashy, med. heels. For all three .

Hello Princess Chantal,

1) I would keep it simple, skirt just below my knees, blouse, lighter color than my skirt or white, low heels or flats.
    2) Probably a nice sleeveless spaghetti strap dress, hose and strappy heels. Or possibly a knit top 3/4 sleeves, skirt a little darker than the top, hose, and a bracelet or two.
    3) Definitely dressy.

Brenda
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 02-05-2023 at 12:25 PM.

If I was to go to a crossdressing club the first time I?d dress in black as in black dr marten boots and thick black tights with short pleated skirt and black top but no makeup.

If I got approval and I attended again I?d wear high stilettos and black ultra sheer pantyhose and dress with make up red lipstick and brunette bobbed wig with fringe.

If I got invited to a dinner or public event I?d change the pantyhose for black lacy garter belt and sheer black stockings under long dress.
    Sheer black nylons and fishnets are my passion.

Stella a.k.a DrFishnets. xxx

I've never dressed in front of anybody, but, if I ever did go to a crossdressing meeting, I'd try to look my best, so I'd dress to the nines, little black dress, high stilettos, full make-up and long brunette wig. Personally, regardless of circumstances I'd try to keep to a feminine style, so skirts, dresses, full make-up and heels all the way, I'd avoid trousers and flat shoes.

For me, I would dress a little nicer than expected. It is always better to be a little overdressed than underdressed.

I can give an example. 20 years ago I got invited by a friend to join him in visiting one of his old friends. That person was a Lawyer with a big firm with an office in Washington, DC.
    I flew in Friday night, got picked up at the airport. Casual night a few drinks before bed. Next day since both men were bachelors and cannot boil an egg, I decided to cook one hell of a meal for them Saturday Night.

Sunday we all got invited to a Easter Dinner at someone's home in Georgetown. The family owned a manufacturing company in Virginia and was rather well off financially. The husband was in his 60's and the second wife was kind of a Trophy if you know what I mean. Around the table was quite a mix of people. One woman was a news producer for ABC news, another person worked at the Capital doing what they do at one of the desks you see people sitting at when you watch C Span. A few more DC connected folks where there.

Anyway, long story was I did not have the proper attire, golf shirt and slacks, for a dinner like that and I felt uncomfortable all afternoon. So, overdress if you have the means to do so.

Platinum Member
    I had to think about this for a bit. I probably would go in what might be business casual. In my minds eye I was thinking of a black eyelash sweater with a v-neckline, paired with a gray knit pencil skirt and black pumps. Ive worn the same sweater with grey wool slacks.

If it was a public event, I guess the venue and season would guide the choice. Again, I am imagining an event in an nice restaurant, and since its still chilly, I would go with a wine colored rib knit mock turtleneck, paired with one of my favorite skirts?a textured pencil skirt woven of black, red and silver threads?undecided on wine or back tights and red heels.

On a special occassion, I might pull out a gold sequins party dress that I bought for a Dancing with the Stars party last year. Then I would be vacuuming sequins from my carpet and car for the next six months.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

1) I think I'd wear something casual like jeans, a tunic top, tennis shoes, bra (w/forms), wig, makeup, jewelry, and nails.

2) If I were to return regularly, I would prefer wearing a party dress with nylons, dressier shoes, and the rest of the "equipment."

3) I'd prefer to go dressed as mentioned in item 2 above.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    My answer is a lot smarter now than the first time around when this actually happened to me. I'll tell you what I did where and what I would wear today . 20 years ago I went to a local support group meeting at a private house. I did not dress and immediately upon arrival wished I had. Everyone was so friendly the looks varied from "I just fell out of the dryer" looking all disheveled to some who were more perfectly put together. Nowadays I tell someone to wear whatever you want. Just about anything goes at an event like that. You might reconsider if the event is public but it's still kind of like Halloween dressing up. No one will care how good or bad or out of place your look might be.
    I think the next few times I went to that event I wore a short skirt hose and very high heels and a blouse. something that might have looked appropriate as business attire. Nowadays I'd probably be a bit more casual maybe even a dress but nothing too fancy. A big gown would probably be awkward and get in the way depending on where we are but otherwise at that house party it wouldn't matter. people would probably love it.
    As for going out with the group I'd probably wear a dress and I actually have with that same group early on so not much change there. maybe pick something a little more tasteful these days and More in line with what women going to that same location might wear.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 02-06-2023 at 04:55 AM.

If you don't know what others will be wearing choose something in a classic style.

Its smart enough to fit most situations

Unless there was a weather issue I would choose, blouse, knee lenght skirt with 3 inch heels.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Reality Check
    I would dress as a normal, "real" woman my age would dress for the occasion. No mini skirts, no exaggerated makeup and no hooker heels.
    Krisi

1) I would dress at home just like I always did when attending support group meetings.
    I would wear whatever felt right that night. I can never pre-plan things like that as that day I might have chosen a skirt and blouse but end up feeling like it's a skinny jeans and tunic night. I just go with my feelings that day
    unless there is a theme.
    2) The answer would be the same. It's what I feel like that day.
    As for a fancy ball gown. No, not for a meeting. Unless again there is a theme and that's what everyone is wearing.
    3) Dinner theater? I would dress it up for sure. Not ball gown style, but definitely a pretty dress, hose and heels.
    For followup events of the same type/same venue I might dress it up more or tone it down depending on what the theme is. Were it something like Phantom of the Opera night I would surely wear a ball gown. Were it
    Murder in the Rue Morgue then I might do leather pants with a corset top and maybe slight goth makeup.

Everything depends on my emotions and the venue/event. I prefer to let them dictate my outfit and not pre-select anything.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I?ve never been to a cross dressing social group but if I did I would probably go smart and not to over the top makeup !! I?m not really a fan of casual.

Chantel,

When I am out by myself or just running errands around town, I dress nice casual and sometimes sexy casual. But opportunities to get really dressed up are much less frequent and when they do come along I always jump to take advantage of them. I feel the most feminine when I am really dressed to the nines. In all 3 of your scenarios, I would dress up as nice as possible without wondering what everyone else would wear.

I belong to a CD meetup group that hosts private dinners every week at their apartment with 10-15 ladies usually attending. Most gals wear nice casual clothes or skirts, a few wear basic dresses and 3 or 4 always get dolled up. I am in the last group and always wear a cocktail or evening dress and it is heavenly. It is very difficult to get undressed at the end of the night.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

A CD party? I'd probably dress as trailer trash. Fishnets with heels, Daisy Dukes, cami with bra and boobs. No makeup, but I'd shave and let my hair down.

So it's probably a good thing I've never been invited to such a thing.

A public outing? I'd likely go much more conservative, maybe colorful leggings and a cute t-shirt, maybe an unstuffed bra.

I would wear a decent skirt and top or an evening dress and little bling.

My 1st time was like you in total guy mode about 35 yrs ago. I was sorry that I didnt bring more glamorous outfits like everyone else.