Thread: Cleaning out closets

Cleaning out closets

My father-in-law died in December, and my mother-in-law is downsizing. She asked me to choose some of my father-in-law's clothes, and I had to find some jut to be polite. The harder thing in helping her downsize is that she is getting rid of a lot of her own clothing, and there's enough overlap in size and taste that it's a difficult thing to pack them to go to Goodwill when I'd like to be trying them on.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Sorry about your loss.

Here's an idea: couldn't you volunteer to take all the discarded clothes (including hers) to GW for her? That way, you might be able to pick out the fem pieces you'd like to keep.

Of course be sure to keep your FIL's hand me downs too, so your MIL can see you wearing them.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    Yes, volunteer to take the clothes to Goodwill. Stop by your house on the way and sort through them and pick out what you want to keep.
    Krisi

LOL I am sure you could sneak a few items into the bottom of the man clothing Bag !

Nancy, I'm sorry for you loss. I hope you can at least score some of your MIL's dresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sorry to hear about your loss. I echo everyone else here. Volunteer to take the clothes to GW and then stop by your house and pick out what you like. Unless of course your wife doesn't know or approve of your crossdressing, then you might need to find some other place to pick out what you like.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Sorry to hear of your loss, be sure to consider your partner first in any choices. Though I can't deny that I stole some of my MIL's clothes when I was young. When she passed everything went to charity. May be just me.
    Last edited by Jane G; 02-08-2023 at 05:10 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Difficult as it may be to see attractive clothes given away, you may be wise to grin and bear it. Wearing MILs clothes may be a whole new dimension to your CDing in the eyes of your wife and MIL. The tolerant may become intolerant when things come too close to home. This is one place where cheaping out may be more expensive in the long run. Be careful.

I volunteer for a charity here in UK and a friend of mine gave me a bag of clothes to give to our shop. Her and her 25 year old Daughter had been sorting clothes and bagging them up to give to me. I had to have a look through them and found a couple of nice tops and a mini skirt of her Daughters that fitted me perfect. As no one will ever see me wearing these items, I don't see a problem in helping yourself.

As a side note, I do a lot of volunteer work for them as well as donating cash.

My old landlord would ask me to clean out apartments whenever some one moved out. Got a few nice pieces that way.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Sounds rather creepy to me, this advice you are getting to pretend that you are donating your mother in law’s clothing, then actually keeping it and wearing it. Are others thinking that you are so short of funds that you can not do your own thrift store shopping? Is lying and deception okay because it is part of crossdressing? Shouldn’t we do what we tell people we are going to do? Yikes!