Thread: Trying on Relatives Dresses so much Fun ! Would they have really cared ?

Trying on Relatives Dresses so much Fun ! Would they have really cared ?

I think if my female realatives knew how much joy i got from doing a quick modeling of their dresses, I really don't think they would have minded !

I think they would only wish I had let them in on the fun !

I was always very careful with the items !

LoL I know for sure two crazy aunts would have loved to see me in their dresses and would have insisted slips stockings and heels be part of the
    outfit. Back in the day women had so many dresses in their closets ! I only wish I was brave enough to share !

I know for sure my sisters would have gladly let me model any of their dresses especially the puffy party dresses our grandmother bought for them that they hated. I swear they would have paid me to see me in those.

I can even remember waltzing about in my grandmothers chiffon cocktail dresses in my early teens !

I think my all time favorite was a cousins Southern Belle Brides Maids dress with a matching hat ! Omg why didn't we have camera phones back then !

So my list of relatives includes Grand ma, Mother, sisters, 3 girl cousins, and 4 Aunts !

I love all of them and they loved me so my only guilt is not being honest with them.

Please share any memories you have of your relatives and their Dresses

My grandmother used to have one of those dark blue dresses with small white dots. I used to really love that dress, but I never said anything to her and putting it on never crossed my mind.

I've seen that pattern on dresses in the stores where I usually shop. I'll pick one up when the right one comes along.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I've worn outfits belonging to my 2 older sisters and my mom; mainly my sisters, as their clothes were a better fit, plus I liked their style better. I did get to wear both my sisters wedding dresses, which was amazing, didn't get to do my make-up, just the dresses and shoes, which was fab. One dress was a little plane, while the other was a beautiful dress, just wish I had more time wearing it, as I got interrupted by a knock on the front door, unfortunately I didn't get another opportunity to wear it.

My Mom had a tennis dress I used to love to wear. I would stuff a bra with some socks and wear pantyhose with it. I LOVED how it felt and how I looked in it.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Platinum Member
    Those were the days so young and Daring, .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The only female relative I had growing up was my mom. She had quite a number of dresses from the 50s/60s that she used to wear going out dancing, back when that was the social thing to do. She had quite the fashion eye for the time, and a lot of the dresses were quite beautiful, just dated fashion-wise. I never dared putting one on. It would have been too risky to do, given the circumstances. As was, she discovered my stash of pantyhose when I was ~13, and gave me a lecture, including passages from the Bible, that seemed to last forever. Obviously it didn't stop me crossdressing. But, I can only imagine how she would have reacted had I been discovered in one of her dresses. She was an absolutely amazing mother in every other respect.

Robbie, I don't know that my sisters would have been happy to know I was wearing their dresses. However, I did enjoy wearing them.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Pretty sure that none of my female relatives (mother, step-mother, sister, step- sisters, aunts, and grandmother), girl friends, neighbors or my tenth grade english teacher would have loved to know I was wearing their clothes let alone loved to see me in them!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The only female relative near me was my mom. She would not have been a fan seeing me wearing her bras. My aunt and 2 girl cousins lived 1,700 miles away so there was no way of ever sharing their clothes. My grandmothers were actually quite old, quite poor, had very basic clothes typical of older women, and had nothing any CDer would be interest in wearing.

Robbie, from what you wrote I can only assume your thinking the different female relatives in your life would have enjoyed seeing you in their clothes is an adult revelation you've had. If you thought in your youth they would have liked seeing you dress up, then you missed a great opportunity.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

When I was younger it was so much fun. Mom's clothes and there was one aunt who was an artist. She had the most interesting clothes, and probably would not have minded seeing me in them. I even tried on some of their makeup. I guess I am kind of old, because I remember when mascara did not come in a tube. It was in a pallet, like eye shadow, and you had to brush it on, with a straight brush. Eye shadow was also quite different. Not a powder, but a gooey paste. It was different than today, but it was fun. Unfortunately, all those relatives are now gone, but I have the memories.

My mom and two sisters were my source of clothes. I wore my mother's foundation garments, stockings slips and dresses. I had to wait a few years until I grew into her clothes but when they fitted properly it was so much fun. I am not sure if she suspected or not and could not guess what her reaction would have been. Both sisters were younger but my elder sister's clothes fitted fairly well she had a few items that I loved. I still have some of those today. Last year I told my elder sister that I had worn her clothes but had always treated them with respect. She said that back in the early days she would not have been too pleased but her views have changed greatly over the years and now she is fine with it. She has even given me a substantial amount of clothes. I showed her photographs I had taken when wearing her clothes and she was so pleased to see them. It has actually brought us closer. My other sister knows as well but doesn't get involved even though we are close.

I wonder how many CDers would be pleased if a relative wore their clothes without permission?

I can't imagine any relative being happy with anyone using there clothes without permission.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Shelly, you took the words right out of my mouth. I really don't think wearing someone else's clothes is a good choice. It is private property.

I wore my grandmother's petticoats when I was younger.

Ok I want to make this clear !! My Topic is about ' TRYING ON " not " WEARING " modeling in front of the mirror for a minute or so.

Woman try on and buy dresses all the time from stores where others before them have " TRIED ON " the same dress. Even their wedding dress may have been tried on by several others before them.

Yes, for many of us growing up with the shame and fear of enjoying female clothing I try and remember the really fun times and not the bad times.

My family had a great sense of humor and several of the relatives were gay and lesbians. They all would have had a bit of fun with playing dress up

My sisters borrowed many of my items growing up from pjs to sweatshirts all for hanging around the house and jokingly offered their clothes. In truth or dare games with our neighborhood I can remember several times boys having to run down the block in my sisters tennis dresses and Girl scout dresses ! My sisters were of course the authors of the dare !

My cross dressing journey began when I discovered my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I quickly progressed to my sister’s panties, bras and dresses. I’m not sure how they would have reacted, but my mother did help me dress as a girl in my sister’s blouse and skirt for Halloween a few years later.
    Last edited by Monique65; 02-06-2023 at 08:03 PM.
    Honoring the woman within

I am sure my wife would be so annoyed if she knew that I have tried on all her dresses, I stand in front of the mirror and work my way through her wardrobe looking at myself in some of her lovely dresses, I must admit that I have also tried on some of my daughters' dresses, whenever any of them get a new dress I and I see it for the first time I can't wait to try it on, I never wear any of their undies only dresses,

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Ok I want to make this clear !! My Topic is about ' TRYING ON " not " WEARING " modeling in front of the mirror for a minute or so.
    I don't think there is a big difference between trying on someone else's clothes and wearing them for a longer time. It's a matter of violating their personal property, especially items like panties and bras.

I suspect most of us got started this way, but it's not right and should not be encouraged. Ask permission first.
    Krisi

As a teenager, we moved into a new house. The former owners, friends of the family, had a girl. They left a hope chest when they moved out. To my utter surprise she left two Merry Widow corsolettes in there. They were the first actual fem garments that I plucked the nerve to take. One was white satin one, the other a white nylon one. They were so lovely to wear. Spent a lot of time in the bathroom trying them on. Ha. Later my wife an I purchased a swuede skirt for my SIL. I tried that on while visiting her place and it fit so nicely. Another weird memory is of the first actual dress I tried on. It was my wife's GitanoMa blue maternity dress. I love that thing. I never really got to try on my Mom's stuff as I can remember, perhaps a long line girdle once or twice. I think they would have not been too happy with me trying on their stuff. I made sure to get my own stuff as I grew older. My wife on many times would pick up something that I really was looking at while shopping with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I don't think there is a big difference between trying on someone else's clothes and wearing them for a longer time. It's a matter of violating their personal property, especially items like panties and bras.

I suspect most of us got started this way, but it's not right and should not be encouraged. Ask permission first.
    Again Krisi I said Dresses ! You an others have added things like bras and panties which I was not into at that age ! I agree that is different ! My sisters borowed and lent dresses to their girlfriends all the time for paties and dances. Their brother putting on one of their dresses for a minute or two would not have been a big deal !
    You don't know my family so please don't Judge !

My mom and sister wore about the same size bra and there always seemed to be one hanging in the bathroom when I hit puberty. I put them on to have something feminine to aim my testosterone at when the urges came, but i never once considered wearing one beyond those few minutes. Neither my mom or my sister EVER wore styles that would tempt me otherwise.

When I got married I did the same with my wife's bras from time to time. My wife's band size fit just fine but she was well endowed and I never really liked the look of such large cups on me. Again, no thought or intention to go any farther.

That all changed in my mid-fifties when I started wearing my own panties (with my wife's blessing) and moved on to a fairly large wardrobe at this point. My mom, sister and wife would all be horrified to know.

The only relative/other people's clothing clothing I wore I was given to wear. I started by being dressed up in "dressup" nighties and dresses by my female cousins and friends when I spent the summer with them when I was young. I think I spent most of that summer as a girl because of them. Going out to the store or mall and swimming were all done in their clothes most of the time. I had the cutest bikini bod they told me!
    When I got home it was my sister and mom's clothing but mostly stuff set aside for donating. If always find things I liked that fit in that pile. My mom had a bag of discarded pantyhose that was like a treasure chest for me. I loved wearing pantyhose the most. Now I still mostly raid the donation bag for dresses and skirts, etc. I do buy my own pantyhose now!
    Leesa xo