Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So is everyone here out of the closet, or am I an anomaly?

I am out to those that I trust and to others well if they find out I will not lie.
    Amanda

I would like to be out, but limits from my spouse are currently keeping be from venturing out. My desire to be out is to socialize with others like me, not so much as out in public on my own.

I guess I would be considered locked away in a closet -- no one (including spouse) who knows me drab knows anything about Geena. That being said, however, I also have a secret exit from the closet. For almost the last two years, as I settle the estate, I have been using my father's vacant house as a base for Geena outings, or even just dress up times. Although I know that this arrangement is temporary, I have been taking advantage of it in the mean time.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

My wife knows, all you ladies, and some local gurls. However, I am not out to family and friends.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm firmly in the closet. There is no one, except people on this group, that knows about my Cding and I pretty much intend to keep it that way. There is no one I can think of that needs to kmow what I do.

My wife knows along with My Mom, My daughter, and my daughter's girlfriend. I have also talked to a counselor and had some conversations with various people I have purchased goods and services from. I have never left the house fully en femme but I am moving in that direction.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Krisi. How would we know if we dress like u when u haven't told us yet?

I consider myself a closet dresser even tho I go out dressed nearly every month and have attended countless T events around the country for 15 years!

But, I NEVER go out dressed near my home town and only my immediate family, (and 100's of people that only know my fem side), know about Sherry!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-09-2023 at 11:20 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Like so much of crossdressing the in versus out of the closet seems to a be a big spectrum and can mean different things to different people. Personally I think totally in the closet means it is an absolute secret and no one knows anything about it including spouses or online friends. Many, many, years ago that was me until my wife discovered some Danielle stuff hidden away. It then became a DADT situation which I guess means I was teeny bit out of the closet. I became a little further out of the closet when I joined this forum to share Danielle's experiences and through the forum I have found some very close email friends I share everything with. As you know from recent photo posts about fashion shows for my wife her acceptance in seeing Danielle in person means I have come out of the closet even a bit further. For me being totally out of the closet would mean family and friends knew about Danielle and I was comfortable being out in public as Danielle. Both of those things are not of personal interest to me and not something I have a need to add to my Danielle experience which is satisfying enough with how much out of the closet I am.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Well, I mean, one could argue that if you're 100% out? Aren't you kind of transitioned socially, anyway?

In which case, might as well just get HRT at that point.

If you're still in the closet with some person(s), then who cares? Fairly typical, I'd say.

I'm not out to a decent swath of my life (though quite a few would not be surprised in the least! ). Also, a (non-SO) segment where it's basically DADT.

Meanwhile, I'm busy over here gaining the reputation of "The Neighborhood Tranny"!

I've been loving it, though.

I'm partially out of the closet. Some friends and family know about my crossdressing. I have a statement about my crossdressing on my Twitter profile. I may wear panties and stockings underneath my clothes sometimes. I only wear dresses in my own home. doubt that I'll ever go out in public in a dress.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

The only people who know about my crossdressing are my partner, psychotherapist and mental health worker who are all women. Nobody male knows of my crossdressing.

My partner is very supportive with me crossdressing and both my psychotherapist and mental health worker say there is nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by DrFishnets; 02-10-2023 at 02:22 AM.
    Sheer black nylons and fishnets are my passion.

Stella a.k.a DrFishnets. xxx

To understand your question better, I'm curious why would want you to know? Obviously not every member is going to respond to your post. Thx ��
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 02-10-2023 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I hear this comment and I'm not surprised yet it feels like we are living on different planets. Hard for me to think back to a time when I wasn't going out. It's so much fun going out being about interacting with people. Things are a bit different here. No wife to deal with. Also living near New York City I spent a lot of time exploring there. I know I've got it better than small town America. But even so the concept is hard to fully appreciate. I'm out so much even locally now that work knows but no one really talks about it. It's that supposedly accepting/ corporate atmosphere where it wouldn't be the appropriate to talk about. So it hasn't really changed anything it's just fun! Don't get me wrong it's been a very slow process. I'm thankful to be so fortunate.

Platinum Member
    It occurs to me that we are all anomalies!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I might be the only one in the world who is normal!

Hmmm ... wait a minute ... ;-)

- Suz
    Last edited by char GG; 02-10-2023 at 05:12 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post directly before yours

Thank you all so much for your honest comments. I realize that some people on this planet fall into all of the norms, thus "normal". I guess I was just getting worried that I was somehow being left behind here too. So many gatherings, so many adventures, so many stories; when did I put on the breaks, why don't I have any stories? Self confidence is not one of my superpowers. Again, thank you all so much! I'm just happy to see that I am still on the bell-curve. Brenda

Brenda,

Everyone here has their own comfort level when it comes to crossdressing. Just participate at whatever level you are comfortable with and above all enjoy!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I'm out so much even locally now that work knows but no one really talks about it. It's that supposedly accepting/ corporate atmosphere where it wouldn't be the appropriate to talk about. So it hasn't really changed anything it's just fun! Don't get me wrong it's been a very slow process. I'm thankful to be so fortunate.
    Just wait til you & some of your GG co-workers eventually decide to get all dolled-up & have a girls night out together!

Seriously, it's a real trip!

You'll see...

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    Just wait til you & some of your GG co-workers eventually decide to get all dolled-up & have a girls night out together!

Seriously, it's a real trip!

You'll see...
    That happened long ago. Even been to a work party. Definitely no secret just only talked about with work friends.

Only my wife knows, but apart from underwear she has never seen me in anything girly. I wear female shorts like denim but not obvious female and pre kids would wear tights at home. I occasionally go out away from home but other family and friends don?t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    That happened long ago. Even been to a work party. Definitely no secret just only talked about with work friends.
    Ah, got it.

In which case? Let our tales of girly escapades show others that not only can it be done -- but that it's fun as all heck!

Yeah, obviously not for everyone, or maybe not in this current time of their lives, anyway.

Also obviously not for every employer & group of co-workers, either.

But yeah, if anyone is leaning that way? Sometimes all you need is a gentle nudge in the right direction.

By the time the night is nearly over? You'll wonder what the heck you were even concerned about. You should have done this ages ago!

I am still basically in the closet. I try to use my imagination as best as I can. I don?t get much Olivia time and when I do it feels rushed because my wife is coming back soon from whatever errand. I am currently Olivia so I feel like myself?..for now! I would love to have more time free but it?s just not right timing I guess for me. I wish my company would have to send me on a trip where she wasn?t able to come and then I would have a field day! If only??.

XoxOlivia

I'm fully closet except Friday nights between 7PM to 11PM when I go for my Friday night drive in which I usally only get out of the car to put gas in my wife's car. So I don't know what we could consider that.

Well - in the past <mumble, mumble> years, I've been out of the house fully dressed - exactly once.
    THAT time was my recent visit with a friend, and even then I didn't have any makeup on - so in a sense I still wasn't FULLY done up.

so, I guess you could certainly count me as closeted.

As to who knows - Well, let's see. My wife knows. My sister, my two "real" friends (but only one has seen), a few exes and whoever they told, counsellors, etc.
    It seems a fair number of people know about this side of my self, but only a select few have actually seen it.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 02-11-2023 at 07:18 AM.

In the closet and hate it! I need to tell my wife my desire to dress is increasing I have been out in public so like others many sales associates know my secret.