Thread: Mammogram

Mammogram

Got my first mammogram today. How many of you ladies have gotten one. I'm a 36B my doctor said I should get one. I will get the test back next week. At 75 I should have gotten one yrs ago.

Just saying if you have real breast you may need one.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

That is awesome! At 36D, I really need to add that to the tests I already get annually! Have to talk to my endocrinologist next month.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Had my first several weeks ago. You can read about the experience (not exactly smooth) in the trans "body issues" section.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I've had 2 or 3 in the last 7 years. Now I know why other women complain about them. Not really fun having your boob squished between two plates. So far no problems! A bit embarrassing standing there with your boob out in front of a stranger, but I'm glad I did it.

My GP wanted one but my endo mentioned it first! Endo had stated after 4 years of HRT or age 72! I will be 72 this June and 4 years up in Nov! GP to set up a Nov appt! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I had a mammogram two months ago. Same reason as everyone else in the clinic. Suspected breast cancer. Same kind that killed my grandmother. I have a breast lump the size of my thumbnail and several more the size of peas. My breasts are naturally between an A and a B cup. I got the same procedure as the women. Contortion and squashed breasts to the point of minor pain in front of a woman technician. My lumps are near the breastbone edge. The technician pulled as much flesh as possible between the plates. It was awkward being a man in a place supposedly for women only. Even the sign on the door said women?s imaging clinic. I got some strange looks from the women in the waiting area as I arrived and waited but no strange looks from them coming out of the machines. Fortunately, my tests came out negative.

aby054 glad to hear that your mammorgram was negative. All cancer is nasty but breast cancer can be really nasty. Congrats again.

Yes, I’ve had one. It came out negative, thank goodness. I had a 3mm lump in my breast, which has since disappeared. Not fun.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Since I had thyroid cancer 7 years ago my endocrinologist said I needed a yearly mammogram. My first time getting a mammogram was strange for me. The tech told me to take my top and bra off and put on a gown open to the front. Then she had me stand by this big machine and smashed my boobs between two plates. I've had 6 mammograms so far and all have been negative. I'm scheduled for another one in 3 months. The girl who does them is so sweet and makes me feel so comfortable. So girls if you have breasts go get a mammogram.

Yes I had one. Had a lump the was aching. Told it was nothing and would be reabsorbed and it was.