Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed At The Gas Station

Outed At The Gas Station

Okay. Here's the situation...

Last night I'm leaving home, driving 300 miles to go ride my mountain bike. My car is fairly recognizable. My bike is too, and it's hanging on the back of my car.

I decided to make the trip enfemme, so I'm fully dressed up and looking super cute. 80 miles away from home I stopped to fill up at a gas station. No problem. I go in and get a fountain drink for the trip. I get back in the car and continue to my destination.

Side Note: Checking in the hotel I give the woman my male driver's license and my credit card. She looks at my license, looks at me and says " you don't look like the person in the picture". I tell her I'm much prettier in person! She smiled big and we both laughed. She was really nice. So no issues there. Just a fun anecdote.

So anyway, today (in DRAB) I start my mountain bike ride. I took a picture at the beginning and posted it to my male Facebook page. That's where the potential trouble begins LOL

About 30 minutes later I check facebook. A guy I've known for a long time posts the comment "Were you stopped to get gas in (town name redacted)?"

WHAAAATTTT???
    Last edited by Tricia Lee; 02-20-2023 at 12:09 AM.

Tricia, Damn, it really is a small world. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I NEVER mix my guy Face Book Profile stuff with my Sherry Profile stuff! Certainly not photos!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A few missing pieces here...

- Presumably you were in male mode to do your cross-country mountain biking and that's the pic you posted on Facebook, so you didn't expect to get "busted" by that.

- If your long-time friend recognized your vehicle, bike, and carrier at the gas station, why did he not approach you on the spot to confirm your identity, rather than "outing" you on social media?

- You are under no obligation to respond to his comment to confirm his suspicions if you choose not to. "Keep them guessing" as the old Oil of Olay commercials used to put it.

Okay so I'm not exactly outted yet. He didn't say anything about what I look like or who was driving the car. He just asked if I was stopped there. And I was for sure!

But if this friend saw my car and bicycle then he most likely saw Tricia and not the me he knows LOL

And yes I don't post any of my Tricia stuff on my regular Facebook page. I do not mix the two. I just figured leaving town it wouldn't be an issue. Still trying to decide what to do.

I do not think I would do anything unless he says something to you about seeing you. You could have been inside the store when he passed by.
    Crissy

He may have just driven by the station while you were inside and saw your car and bike at the pump.
    Dressing up. There's never a wrong time for it, just enjoy being you.

It's a tricky situation, hold off on responding for now, but, you will need to respond at some stage. If he saw you and " knows" then, no response will likely confirm his suspicions.
    Does this person normally message you and do you normally reply to them. You need to keep things as normal as possible, nothing to see here! It's in our nature to assume the worst and think we have been outed, but, most people are not that observant and because they wouldn't be expecting to see a woman they are unlikely to suspect it was you. Hopefully it works out for you.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tricia , Once you walk out the Door there are a Million eyes looking
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Tricia, I think that if your friend had positively ID'd you, he would have said so, or at least something like "I saw you pumping gas in (sometown)". The fact that he's asking in this way tells me he's not absolutely certain it was you. And, if he was merely driving by and noticed your car and bicycle, but not your alternate self, I think you're safe.
    "Oh, the attractive woman at the pump? That was my travel companion."
    Best wishes, Marsha
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Tricia , Once you walk out the Door there are a Million eyes looking
    Orchid, flattery will get you everywhere!

Platinum Member
    Only one solution. Sell the car and the bike!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Louise View Post
    I actually like this response if your friend were to question the lady pumping gas. It is a truthful statement without giving too much information.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieLake View Post
    He may have just driven by the station while you were inside and saw your car and bike at the pump.
    I'd go with this. You were in the restroom when he drove by for all you know.

I'd let it go. You can always say you didn't see the post if he follows up.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I would double down and say something like oh yeah that looks exactly like me being sarcastic and see where they go with it. There's an air of they're not really sure. We also don't know is your car specifically specific or just unique for the area? I mean a certain combination of stuff can make it entirely unique or just that no one else has one so it's not definitely unique just likely like having the First new Corvette or something but if you have a very special edition or you've done some modification well there's no doubt it's absolutely your car.
    Another angle you could start with what do you think of her and see where the response goes. If it's certain if they know it's you there's no point denying play it off with confidence then ask for privacy. See what they say. Good luck. It's not the end of the world. It just means change maybe for the better.

Hopefully he just noticed your car. My wife always asks me why I take her car for a drive, but my car there aren't many like them but her car is dime a dozen. I even tell her as much as I love her to come along if we want to keep this a secret she can out me. Even myself at times I'm out of town and I bump into someone I least expect.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    80 miles away? What ate the chances? Unless it's the only gas station for 80 miles! lol

Yes, it?s a small world, coincidence? Fate? Who knows? We went to a shopping center 40 miles away for dinner and a movie and guess what? Yep, we almost bumped into a couple we knew. Fortunately, we escaped, but we never forget it. Blue is correct. Once you open the door, the world is out there?flat tire, police, fender bender, etc. but, que sera.

I am retired now, but my working life was evenly divided between two industries. After twenty plus yars in one industry, I decided my career was going nowhere in the first industry, and took an opportunity to start over, at the bottom, in another completely unrelated industry. About a year or so later I was approached by a customer who knew me. He seemed annoyed that I didn't recognize him. It wasn't until he reminded me of where we had worked together that I realized he was someone I had worked face to face with on an almost daily basis only few years before.

I am just realizing now that I have just made a case for both sides of this argument.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I often use a similar approach. Sometimes when I'm shopping for femme clothing, I get some questions about it. I usually respond something like,

"I'm sure she'll like it."

"I know what she likes."

"I'm pretty sure it will fit her."

I let the SA believe that "she" or "her" is my SO or GF. I don't tell her that "she" or "her" is Steffi.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I once replied to a curious, inquiring friend who had seen me (from a distance) dressed out in my yard, before my "hobby" was common knowledge around here: "Oh, that must have been my younger sister, visiting from out-of-state that you saw. We look very much alike".
    I said this in all seriousness.......and they believed it!
    Last edited by Marsha Louise; 02-19-2023 at 12:51 PM.
    Fashion liberated and loving it!

Banned Read only
    There's zero value in fretting over this. There's a good chance he saw your car and not you. But if he did see you dressed, he cannot unsee it. So, I would answer, "Yes, I drove through there. Sorry I missed you! Maybe next time." Period.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

We all join you in *hoping* that they believed you. Whether they did or not is irrelevant. It became a moot point. That's all that matters.
    I once replied to a curious, inquiring friend who had seen me (from a distance) dressed out in my yard, before my "hobby" was common knowledge around here: "Oh, that must have been my younger sister, visiting from out-of-state that you saw. We look very much alike".
    I said this in all seriousness.......and they believed it!

The question is "did he see you or just the vehicle?" If just the vehicle, then you could respond "funny, I didn't see you." If he saw you, though, then it raises a whole new run of responses. I know I run the risk of someone recognizing my vehicle (although not as specific looking as yours), but I am certain that I wouldn't be recognized, so I just would run the line that someone else drives something so much like mine.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

It doesn't matter how far away from home you roam. Once we were on the west coast and a friend signed the register at the motel when the clerk said he was from the next town over from us on the east coast.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    I decided to make the trip enfemme, so I'm fully dressed up and looking super cute.
    I can vouch for the fact that you looked super cute!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.