Thread: One Spectacular Year!

One Spectacular Year!

Hey all, Tomorrow marks one year since I became a member of this wonderful site. I can't believe how far I've come since then. I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday, after finishing getting all done up, and actually said out loud "Wow!! You have come a long way, Baby." I owe it all to all of you lovely ladies. I would never have had the courage to develop AmeeJo into where she is now, and where she is going, if not for the love and encouragement of everyone here. During the past year I went from just having some lingerie to a full and ever expanding wardrobe. I bought my first dress, my first heels, first time doing my makeup, my first wig, my first jewelry (no piercings, yet), My first time going out Semi-En Femme (hopefully to continue this), My first professional makeover, My first manicure & pedicure, I shaved my 34 year old mustache as well as the rest of my body hair, I am in process of getting laser hair removal now, extreme comfort in shopping for anything feminine and letting the SA know it's for me, I came out to my wife, my Mom, my daughter, and talked extensively with two different counsellors. I have my wardrobe prominently hanging in my closet with my wife's consent (and at her suggestion). My wife accepts the fact that I crossdress but is still not interested in seeing me dressed and I'm not pushing the issue. If she asks, I'll share AmeeJo with her but I will never try to force her to see me. As I have talked about before, I started crossdressing when I was 12. Pretty much the usual stuff, wearing bras, panties, leotards, and bathing suits, etc. My one defining moment that I recall, now that I have looked back, is the first time I put on a dress. I was 13 or 14 and it was a very cute tennis dress of my Mom's. I still remember the feeling I had when I saw myself in it. Fear kept me from wearing one again until last year. I still have a lot of work to do and I now have a new found confidence in expanding who AmeeJo is. So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    And, there it is folks! A ringing endorsement from Ameejo affirming what CD.com is all about. CD/trans support!

All mods and staff of CD.com should pat yourselves on the back for your hard work and dedication. Know that what you're doing here is important!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

AmeeJo, You are an inspiration!so glad that you told your wife. While of course your accident changed your life and mobility, it did not change who you are. Nancy

Congratulations AmeeJo. You go girl!!
    I'll second Doc's remarks about the level of support from this site and the great job by the mods and staff. You all have made a positive difference for me also.

I love feeling the excitement when just reading what someone wrote and I definitely feel it in your writing. I to made big advancements after I joined here, I never considered jewelry or make-up now it's breast forms, wigs. I'm just like yourself much more complete since joining here. Not to mention the great advice of wrong and rights with lots of experience here. I'm looking forward to reading more of your exciting advancements.

Platinum Member
    Hi AmeeJo , I have followed your progress over the past year and you have had quite an amazing Year, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

AmeeJo, You have such a positive attitude and it certainly does show. I am happy to have had the chance to get to know you some and look forward to seeing what is next.
    Crissy

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Congrats on reaching that big milestone, and all of your accomplishments AmeeJo!
    I am sure that with your enthusiasm, the next year will be as good to you or even better.

I too can attest to the encouragement and influence this wonderful site, Its members & staff provide.

Emily

Congrats, AmeeJo. I am so glad you found the support here and also some support at home as well.

Happy anniversary

Congrats Ameejo I admire your courage having the talk with your wife and family must be a huge relief.

AmeeJo, Congratulation on a year here. You have certainly progressed more than most in a short period.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations Ameejo. You have progressed more in 1 year than a lot of us have in decades.

Thank you all so much for the congratulations and words of encouragement! It really means a lot to me. This place has really helped to make me one very happy girl.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Congrats AmeeJo on your year on the site. You serve as an example to me, since I've only been on the site since the beginning of Oct. I have found several people on here that are encouraging and helpful. Looking forward to my own one year anniversary in Oct!