Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At times still in disbelief

At times still in disbelief

This morning I wake up and uncover my sheets to the view of my full slip rode up to my waist exposing the view of the lace of the thigh high stockings. I get up and I'm in site of my full view mirror and I drop the top of the slip to my waist and start putting on my bra and forms. For some reason this morning Im looking myself straight in the eyes as I'm putting on my loop earrings and wig. I slip into my pink fluffy slippers and put on my silky long robe. I turn to my wife and she's laying in bed staring at me and she says "is the princess getting ready for a busy day". We laughed and then again look myself in the mirror and for some reason I get this feeling of disbelief of how I look and almost like it's the first time doing this. Excitement runs threw my body and just this strange feeling of even though I've been doing this for years for some reason this morning I get a feeling like I've been taking it all for granted all this time. I stood there staring at myself a few more minutes almost in disbelief. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever just had like a "POW" and you look down at yourself or your doing something fem and it's like you wake up and in disbelief at what your doing. This has happened to me a few time but nothing like this morning.

POW is what my wife would do to me if I got caught sleeping in that. Haha. So no, but I do have times where I am in disbelief of some of my outings. I have certainly had some good times.

Sandi

I haven't experienced a "POW" quite like you described (under the circumstances you described), but VERY often it hits me how wonderful it is to be living my genuine self after keeping her locked inside for most of my life. I hope these feelings are always with you!
    Shawna
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

I can identify, Maria, It's cold in New England these days (14f this morning) so I'm in a flannel granny gown when I wake up. I suppose I sometimes take it for granted, but then, every once in a while, I'll look in the mirror and notice the gold hoops I wear 24/7, and think, "I can't believe I'm getting away With this!"
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Every time I look at myself in the mirror or look at one of my photos, I get the same feeling. I love it!!
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Sometimes when I am wearing something new that is unlike anything I have worn before

Could it be the Pink Fog blew in? I understand. It happens to me?often. I, too, dress daily and, yes, there are days, I look in the mirror and just smile. Ah, decisions, decisions. What a wonderful way to begin each day. Sometimes, during the day, I may change something?top, shoes, pants to skirt, etc.

I've been wearing nail polish for the last month and a half. I've let my nails grow since December and they are shaped very nicely. I find myself constantly staring at them. My wife isn't totally behind my girl side, and because the color is a bright purple/red, she's not said anything but I've seen her glancing at my hands a bunch. Win. Win.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

I often get a pedicure with color, as they say.

I wear socks all the time, because my wife would have a fit if she found out. But, I have to take my socks off to take a shower. One time I'm in the shower and look down at my feet with my toenails painted a bright red.

The first thing that pops into my head is, "Whose feet are those in the shower with me?". as if they weren't even mine. I come to my senses quite quickly and have a little laugh about it to myself.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Maria, I did have a "POW" moment just yesterday. I had probably my best day out, felt just about as pretty and prepared as possible and simply went on a shopping/lunch outing. When I got to JC Penney's, I quickly crossed paths with a younger SA in the dress department who asked if I needed any assistance but then quickly added "I like what you've done with your hair!", so wonderful that not finding a dress I liked was not disappointing!

Then after two more stores, hunger set in so off to Panera, a place I'd never go as my guy self. While sitting and sipping my soup (probably not the most CD friendly meal item!) I had mostly forgotten about the fact I was CDing and when I saw a few other customers looking for open seats it hit me that they just see me as another customer and were almost ignoring a guy in a very stylish white blouse and black pants sitting among them. I swept my hair behind my head to one side so as to not get in the way, which is when the "POW" hit, I was just out and about, having a fun day, as completely "blending" as could be!

I see many more such outings ahead, and hopefully that special feeling is just as special. For those who have never reached that place, I strongly suggest trying it at least once, you'll remember it forever.

Maria, I woke up the same way this morning, in a black nightgown. The feeling is sublime.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sorry to put in a bit of a downer response. For me, when I see myself in a mirror en femme, I'm not pleased with the outcome. I start having thoughts of "what the hell am I doing?" and rejecting myself. So, I don't tend to look at myself en femme, and have only taken pictures once.

I have had that feeling in the past Maria but not recently. Usually when trying on a new dress with accessories, looking in the mirror and gettIng it right. Pow wow.

There have been times when I have been very dressed up to go someplace nice that I pass a mirror and POW, I am mesmerized by the attractive lady looking at me. Sometimes I sit and look at her for a few minutes to wrap my head around the fact that she is me. A wonderful feeling.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

No more POW in any sense.
    I was thinking the other day how years ago I never thought I'd be doing what I'm doing. I never imagined I'd be open and free to dress as I wish.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How wonderful that u still feel the thrill from such simple things after all these years, Maria!

I lost that feeling decades ago.

However, I DO still get chills down the back of neck upon seeing that occasional, incredibly sexy, fem photo of Sherry done up to the 9's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    The key to happiness is found in gratitude. Obviously, you are grateful and happy in the life you have.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maria -

I've had the POW moments, similar to what Jamie described. I left a store and was walking across the parking lot and it suddenly hit me that I was wearing a dress. I had honestly forgotten that I was. It felt good that I was just out and about, going about my business. The focus wasn't on the CD-ing.

Isn't that feeling of a natural persona GREAT? So many strive for that and never realize or experience it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'd have to say that I have had a couple POW moments recently, both times were after I put nail polish on. Both times the POW moment was when I first looked at my nails after I finished putting on the nail polish. Then I had another POW moment when I woke up in the morning to see my nails. I just started using nail polish, so it isn't the greatest job, but it makes me feel wonderful!

I totally get that POW, and I find it magical when it happens. Everything in sync.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

This is so true. Arose this morning in my long black silk nightgown. When my wife compliments my outfits I am so amazed how lucky I am and how wonderful she is.

Now for a word of advice. For me, I take at least one night each week to jump in bed in full manly drab mode. BECAUSE...she likes and needs that mode so much more than the other that she is so accepting. She deserves to feel happy too.

Yet when I wake up extra early the next morn, I am on a dead run to our walk in closet grabbing the outfit I have been putting together in my dreams.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeeJo View Post
    Every time I look at myself in the mirror or look at one of my photos, I get the same feeling. I love it!!
    My Feelings Exactly, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I get those POW moments, but only rarely is it a feeling of disbelief. (Sometimes, yeah.) Usually it’s a feeling of gratitude or pride. I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me, and think, “thank goodness!” Or “way to go, lady!”
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I gave myself another POW moment tonight. I picked out another version of red nail polish that my wife had, but this time I also added lipstick. I was already looking at my hands and thinking "I can't believe those are my hands". Then I added lipstick, after trimming my mustache, I picked out a shade of red to match the nails. I'll be shaving off the mustache and beard before the 11th, since I'm going to OKC for a Girls Night Out. When I go over there I'm going to have my makeup done for me, so after that I'll be posting a new Avatar picture.