Thread: Ceera update

Ceera update

Hi folks. Been a while since I checked in here, I guess. Just a quick update on what I have been up to.

My medical transition's last remaining task - full depth, robotic-assisted vaginoplasty - is on hold, because my surgeon is taking maternity leave during the last part of her pregnancy. She expects to be back to work in about 4 more months. On the upside, she and a second surgeon who she partners with for this procedure have doubled the speed they can complete the surgery, from one patient per day to two. So once she does get back, it hopefully won't be long before it is finally my turn. Fingers crossed! I started HRT and my medical transition journey in August 2018. I will be so happy to finally be completely myself!

In other news, in about a week I start a different sort of transition milestone. My first job while living as a woman! I had retired prematurely in 2016, after a massive corporate restructuring. I was over 50, and was unable to continue my computer server administrator career, without relocating to a new city and taking a drastic pay cut. After a year of job hunting, while living off my retirement investments, I just decided I was retired. Well, I recently decided to try to get at least a part time job. I did also have sales experience, from early on in my career. So I applied for a part time cashier/floor sales associate opening at JC Penney, in my city's mall. Happy to say, they hired me without any issues! The interview went very well, and during the whole process, my being transgender wasn't even obliquely referred to! The only thing I said myself, when they mentioned the process would include a background check, was I stated I had changed my name a few years ago, and that I would be happy to provide my old name as well. The hiring manager just said that if the company doing the check needed more input, they would contact me. The report came out fine. They did cite my former male name as having turned up under an address search, but no pronouns or references to my gender were noted. So, a new chapter in my feminine life begins!

Ceera

Thanks for letting us know things are continuing to go well for you

Ceera, great to hear from you! Sounds like everything is going well! All the best! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for updating us Ceera. It's good to hear that things are going well for you.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Congratulations on your job, Ceera! It's wonderful to hear that you were hired without any issues related to being transgender. Your positive experience is a testament to the increasing acceptance and inclusivity in today's society, and I hope it inspires others who may be hesitant about pursuing their career goals.

I'm also sorry to hear that your vaginoplasty procedure has been put on hold due to your surgeon's maternity leave, but it's great to hear that she's doubling her speed upon her return. I hope you're able to get the procedure done soon and achieve your full medical transition.

It's fantastic to see you reaching new milestones and accomplishing your goals. Your perseverance and strength are truly inspiring, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

I hope to hear more good news from you soon!

Great news! Glad things are going well for you!
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Further update:

It's now been a month and a half since I went back to work. So far, it has been going very well! As a floor sales associate and as a cashier, I am very much out in the public eye and am interacting with customers every day. I'm doing a very good job at my assigned tasks.

And the entire staff there, from co-workers at my level to our store's senior managers, complement me daily on what a good employee I am, and how much they like working with me. Complements like a sales associate saying she and another lady did a shift right after I had been on duty on the same floor, and that they were amazed at how perfect I had left the sales floor - "We walked around for two hours, and could hardly find anything to do! You did such an amazing job, there was nothing for us to put away or reorganize!" Or I come on duty, pass a coworker, and they spontaneously greet me with, "You're in our department today? That's great! We all love it when you're in our area. Things always go so smoothly when you're here." Or a senior manager saying "You know why we put you on the second floor so often? It's because you work so fast and are so good at your job that you can cover the entire second floor by yourself! Not many people can do that!" And although I was only hired to fill a part time position, at 16-22 hours per week, the store's senior management has often been giving me as much as 38 hours per week - almost a full-time workload.

My customers have also been very accepting. I do occasionally have someone address me as 'sir', but it is pretty rare, and usually someone who wasn't really looking at me when we interacted. But most of the time, even when I am assisting women with selecting the right bra in the lingerie department, they seem to perceive me strictly as a woman.

I've already put in for a promotion to a full time job there, as a 'Sales Floor Assistant', which is the first rung on the management ladder. In that role I would be setting new merchandise out for sale, setting up new sales displays and signs, assisting customers, and helping other associates with day to day tasks. That would be a full-time position, with 38-40 hours per week, better pay, and hopefully a somewhat more predictable work schedule. It would also make me eligible for a better benefits package.

So far, so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that is awesome Ceera, Sounds like thing are really going well for you.
    Thanks for sharing your life with us,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hi Ceera,

Thanks for the update. It is great to hear that you are doing so well at work!

Marion

You look like Ma'am to me! Some people must be blind, unless it's your voice that gives you away.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Ceera, I am so happy for you and I love the picture you posted. You are an asset to your employer and it is nice they recognize that.
    Anyone here that knows you or has followed your transition knows what a great person you are. Thank you for the update
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    So happy for you Ceera, onward and upward sister.

Thanks for the update! You go, girl! Yeah! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Glad to hear things are going so well for you Ceera!
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I have some nice news to share! I did get that promotion at work!

About 3 months ago, I went back to work, after retiring early in 2016. Got myself an entry-level, part time job as a cashier and floor sales associate at JC Penney, in Eugene. Virtually all of my work experience has been customer service, either directly in retail, or as an IT services provider. And I am a really good sales person, and I like dealing with people. And since getting the part time job initially, I've proven myself to be an excellent retail employee. So despite my short time working at JC Penney, when a full time position opened up last month, I applied for it, and was taken quite seriously.

They have recently announced at work that I got the job! I've had to keep it a secret for a week, since they offered it to me. But I can announce now that I will soon be a part of the management team, as a floor sales assistant! It's the first rung in their management ladder. I even get my own desk in the store's office area! I'll primarily be working in the shoes department, as the assistant to the manager of that area. Better hours, better pay, and a much more stable work schedule begin early next month. Whooo hoo!

This is literally the fastest promotion I have ever had at any job. Just three months between getting the prior position and being promoted to the new one. They really like me as an employee!

Hi Ceera,

Congratulations on getting the promotion!

Marion

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congrats Ceera! Job well done!

Really great news - well done

That just shows that they are smart people there. Why of course they should value you as an employee and it is nice to hear. Good luck on your new position, I know you will do great!
    Thanks for letting us know!
    Crissy