Thread: CDs and International Womens Day

CDs and International Womens Day

March 8 is International Womens Day, a day to honor the multiple important achievements of women across the world. I know that there are some crossdressers who only admire (and like to wear) the clothing of women and imitate their beauty. I am one who admires many feminine attributes and I attempt to learn from observing my wife how to be a better person. Join me in honoring women today and what they have done (and still do) for us. Nancy

Happy women's day their struggles and accomplishments should be an inspiration to all - whether cis or gender variant

Happy International Womens Day! Thank you Nancy for letting us know.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    I'll vote for that.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

There are now 4 female 4 star generals in the US armed forces. So progress is being made. Men have been in charge of just about everything since the dawn of time, and we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. War after war, time after time, starving child after starving child.

I would be greatly curious to see what the world would look like with a serious feminization of power.

Anyway, Happy International Women's to all, and especially to our female Mods.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I celebrate Women's day because I appreciate what women do and have done.

NOT Because I dress like them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

"International Women's Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women's equality."

According to UN, still 300 years before celebrating gender equity...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbu...fore-our-eyes/

Like millions of women I've been marching today for gender equality all around the world. A lot of LBTQ persons and numerous cismen (more than before) were marching too. This time French workers unions joined us because there is actually a law in debate who could lead to drive down the retirement pension of French women much more than the pension of men.

Happy International Womens Day, and thank god for womans fashions too.
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Banned Read only
    Is it really progress that women can now order drone strikes on wedding parties or even carry them out?

Feminists used to protest about wars and complain about the patriarchy being responsible for them. Now they celebrate women on the combat front line. It's too bad that they've been denied the privilege and pleasure of disemboweling someone with a bayonet for so long.

If women achieve equality that's what we'll get. That's all we'll get. That's fine but spare me the notion that having women in charge automatically turns hate to love, war to peace and everyone to everyone's neighbour.

A lot of countries have had women in power without any noticeable change.

Anyway is it equality or equity that's being sought?

The funniest piece of graffiti I ever saw, was on the wall of a toilet in a British Council office, in a nameless city.
    It read:
    "Maggie Thatcher killed Roger Rabbit".

Your post reminded me of it, Ursula.

The day is meant to be a celebration of women who have made a positive contribution to society, who have been ignored by the patriarchs.

It's supposed to be a joyous day. Please, there is no need to be a killjoy.

Peace, etc.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-08-2023 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Ursula made excellent points. Of course we honor women, and we should, and we should never stop. We ALL must continue to do so. We must also keep track of not only the achievements, but the sacrifices made along the way. And we must make the best of this opportunity to assess how things could have been even better. Not to mention the care needed to be certain that we all continue to improve the ways we ensure women's rights in the future.

Women have indeed made great strides in the US military. Yet it has been with the same sacrifices men have had to endure. Women have been injured and killed in Viet Nam, World War II, and probably in all US conflicts, certainly in Iraq and Afghanistan. They make the same sacrifices serving in police departments, FBI, Fire and Rescue, and all first responder units.

So I'm hoping at least three take aways from this post:

1) Celebrate and recognize their achievements. They deserve much credit.

2) Recognize what they have sacrificed for those achievements.

3) Never stop realizing that things could have been even better, and by acknowledging those things we can continue the many things we can do to help keep things moving forward in all regards.

And keep equity and equality at the forefront.

Thanks for reading,

Linda

Ursala, It is, of course, not only feminists who have secured significant changes in equity for women. Many women who have done so have done it through sheer talent and hard work. To cherry pick women in combat roles neglects other (more important) achievements like now the 5th woman appointed to the SCOTUS, more women in both medical school and law school than men, currently 25 women in the U.S. Senate, many accomplished female athletes, etc. (I could go on and on, but I won’t). Many, maybe most, of these women are not feminists. All I asked for (in my original post) is that, as crossdressers who imitate their dress and appearance, we honor their achievements. Nancy
    Last edited by NancyJ; 03-09-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    I would be greatly curious to see what the world would look like with a serious feminization of power.
    I've been asking myself this question for ages. What would a female-led world look like. The reduction of testosterone in the circles of power. The increased ratio of brain mass over muscles'. This can't be without interesting effects.

I've wondered the same thing, Diane. I'm also left wondering how diverse such leadership would be regarding actions and philosophy. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher certainly wasn't very shy about the Falkland Islands. A rather unique and brief little war. One of the few that I can recall where both sides used the same small arms against each other. Glad it didn't last any longer.

When I saw an Argentine transgender woman receive a women's award today it made me wonder how the majority of women feel about that. I haven't heard whether they feel proud of her or do they themselves feel a little bit "cancelled or overshadowed"? I have no idea, but I am wondering if they feel all that enthused about it. Maybe.