Thread: 2023 Academy Awards

2023 Academy Awards

Does anyone else watch the awards with the same interest as me?
    Don't get me wrong, I really love film as an art and I truly enjoy the freedom that all express.
    But, I love the gowns, feminine fashion is so much more expressive and appealing...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I do and it almost got me in trouble. Last night I was watching the red carpet at my daughters house and of course her husband and kids there. I caught myself commenting a littler to much on I like or hate that dress I stoped and didn't say it out loud lol.

I am a very big fan of films and love the Oscars, adore the Red Carpet and all the range of fashions. Could not imagine ever being able to wear most of those outfits though. So jealous.

I enjoy looking at the all the gorgeous dresses and give my own thumbs up or down. I also like the red carpet pre show on E with Laverne Cox.

Erin, Of course I watch it for what the actresses are wearing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

And then there was Lady Gaga. She always marches to the beat of a different drummer.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

I used to watch it all the time for the same reason. I love some of the gowns/outfits the women wear.
    Now I don't watch as I've grown disillusioned by all the controversy they create. So many awards shows and it's all the same, dress up, pat someone on the back or kick them in the butt. Like last night when Jamie Lee Curtis won and Angela Bassett didn't even stand to acknowledge her. It's another "I was passed over and you all know why" thing. Just too much anymore.

Guess I'll stick to watching the opening of Wheel and seeing what Vanna's wearing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't have the patience to watch regular TV. Much less these Award shows with commercials and mindless blabbering that goes on forever!

I can see the the winners, the most glamorous women and their gowns, online in minutes without all the drama!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not something I have ever thought to tune into. But then I don't watch much TV.

I did and I saw a commercial for a drug product that shows folks having fun. Including a TRANS woman. There is progress for you.

I might have to turn in my crossdresser card, but I don't find the over-the- top gowns all that appealing. I'm just a simple soccer mom type

I agree with Cheryl T, and have no desire to watch the entertainment industry pat themselves on the back with self praise ad nauseam. While some of the dresses are beautiful, others are way over the top. I can see photos of the dresses online without having to listen to all the blathering. I must be a curmudgeon!
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Well Taylor I'm right there with you as a curmudgeon. Years ago I used to watch the Academy Awards, out of curiousity to see who won what, but any more I can't be bothered.. There are more important things than watching Hollywood congratulate itself, like deciding what to wear to Girls Night Out next month in OKC and making an appointment to have makeup done when I get there.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-14-2023 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Removed political jab

Love the Oscars and the red carpet shows. I wore my gold dress, shiny tights and gold heels in honor of the Oscar award. My wife and I spend the whole evening watching the gowns and dresses. Judging which ones we like best. Then they change to present with more outfits to enjoy. Such and great yearly event.

CDMargret I would loved to get dolled up in a gown and watch the award shows with my wife I couldn?t care less about the actors but love the dresses, hair and makeup. You are a Lucky lady.