Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am Supergurl

I am Supergurl

As a teen I was the typical ugly duckling I was really skinny to skinny. I looked like a camp survivor skinny I was a hateful racist teen I was a product of my raising. Blacks with blacks, white with whites, Baptist with Baptist etc. When I was the ripe old age of 19 I found out I had stage 4 Leukemia. I was told to take chemo or make my funeral arrangements. While I was taking my treatments I realized how stupid I was and Vowed to change for the better. And I am happy to say I beat cancer and have been cancer free for 20yrs now. I turned my life around eating healthy accepting everyone. I have traveled all over the us been in pride parades etc. Then one day I was having chest pain I walked into the ER and said I am having a heart attac. The check in person said WHAT? I said time is of the essents here the cardiogist asked me how did I walk in people in my condition got an ambulance ride in. Since then I have had 5 more heart attacks. Because of everything I went threw I was tired of hiding Brandy so I decided to let her out and come out to everyone. When I came out everyone said yea we know we been waiting on you to admit it. My parents accepted me and my mother even got a 8x10 picture of brandy in her she room. I decided to dress as Supergirl and go to Superman celebration and I was a hit. People told me I looked good had pictures taken with me and of me. I was asked to model with vendors Supergirl statues product etc. I made new friends I was flying. Even got invited back this year.

Cancer Warrior
    Heart survivor
    Supergirl
    sm.jpg
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Good for you and stay strong. Watch out for kryptonite....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow! For nearly 10 years Supergirl has been hiding out among us!

I'm glad u finally decided to reveal your true identity, Brandie!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What an uplifting story thanks for sharing.

You don't just dress like Supergirl, you are Supergurl. You were right to live your life as you want because, as you know, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Your story is one of bravery, tenacity, and overcoming adversity. Thanks for sharing it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Great story Brandie,

How inspiring! Hope you are with us for a long time to come.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Glad I logged on this morning and found this post. Inspirational.

truth justice and the brandie way....thanks for sharing with us....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Brandie, You are a supergirl.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow, Brandie, that is a story to behold. Such an inspiration to us all. You turned a lemon into lemonade and mostly by your own efforts and determination to follow a different road from a land of darkness to a land drenched is sunlight and truth about yourself and your relationship to the world.

Congrats, that is such a wonderful story!
    Crissy

Great story Brandie. Thanks!
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I'm not so sure that you are Supergirl! You might be Wonder Woman! LOL Glad you worked through all of that! Special Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    If this thread doesn't encourage others to get out and embrace their femme selves then nothing will.

Brandie, if I hadn't gone to the Girls Night Out Sat in OKC your story would have helped me decide to go out as Diane. You are an inspiration to all of us and I hope you are with for many more years Supergurl!

Thanks for sharing your story. It?s now time UP, UP and AWAYYYY.

I simply can’t find words to adequately express my admiration for you. Your courage is such an inspiration. Most of us spend too uch time complains how unfair life is. Not you! If everyone had your courage and commitment this would be a far better life that we live..

Brandie,

Thanks for your story. Very enlightening, you go girl!

We love when you visit with us.

Davina

Thanks for such a inspiring story, you rock!!!

I was going to post this in another thread but here it goes.
    While I was there a 2 preteens came up to me and held out there hand and said give me some skin Wonder Woman. I knew what he was going to do but I played along and he pulled his hand away said to slow and ran. 30 minutes later they found me again and asked hey are you a guy? I said yes they giggled and ran. An hour later I was having a break sitting at a outdoor cafe sipping a lemonade. Here the Kids came again but not full of piss and vinegar like they was. I got Excuse me Wonder woman my cousin wants his picture taken with you please. I got up said ok lets do it by the Metropolis sign.( I was painted on the wall saying Love from metropolis.) I took my picture with him both their faces lite up and said THAK YOUU WONDER WOMAN!!! They ran off never to be seen again.

Glad to hear that the two idiot children decided to come back and be better behaved. Sounds like you really made the kids day by having a picture taken with him.

A nice ending, thanks for sharing
    Crissy

You truly are a Superwoman. Thank you for sharing and stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane P View Post
    Glad to hear that the two idiot children decided to come back and be better behaved. Sounds like you really made the kids day by having a picture taken with him.
    I think the kids was curious they was around the age I was when I first wanted to crossdress and the cousin had the urge.

Thank you, Brandie...I needed a "lift" today and WOW - did this ever do the trick!
    BIG hugs! Shawna
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!