Thread: Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug!

Reality Check

Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug!

So the other morning I get up, get myself dressed and all "dolled up" with jewelry and makeup and a nice dress. I sit down with my morning coffee and the phone rings.

It's the dentist office saying that I need to come in for some impressions for dental work I'm having done!

Oh well, take off the clothes and wash off the makeup, change into male clothes, comb my hair and head off to the dentist. By the time I got back home, it was too late to change again.
    Krisi

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Well Krisi, next time, don't change. You missed a golden opportunity to make a much better impression...

Emily

What a shame that the mundane but important had to ruin what would have been a wonderful bit of Krisi time. But those pearly whites will be the reward in your next set of smiling photos. Hope you get another chance soon.

Banned Read only
    Real life does have an irritating habit of getting in the way of dressing.

As Frank sang??That?s Life?. Been there, Done that.

Krisi,

Ain't it always the way. My neighbours went off on a 10 day holiday. They're the one's who can see onto our patio from their bedroom window should they happen to look. Hence if they're away I can get to spend a little times outside unobserved. However when it wasn't below freezing, raining or the ground covered in an inch of snow I didn't have the chance to dress. Now they're back it's a lovely sunny day and I'm home alone. &%*$^^?

In truth just standing outside is actually a bit of an anticlimax. Nice to feel the wind around the knees but when you're used to going out and about it somehow falls a little flat.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Krisi sorry you had you day ruined. Unfortunately real life does have a way of messing things up. Hope you have another chance to do you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What Emily said.

You're worried about your dentist spilling the beans? That shouldn't worry u unless you only have one dentist in the town u live in!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kris, You are a better person than I. I'm not undressing for the dentist.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's such a downer when life gets in the way of our gurl time. There is always next time!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Maybe tomorrow will be a different Mary Chapin Carpenter song : ? I feel lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What Emily said.

You're worried about your dentist spilling the beans? That shouldn't worry u unless you only have one dentist in the town u live in!
    Dentistry like other medical specialties, isn't the world in general. Many of the people who work in it, know more than a few others. So yes, word could easily spread.
    I work in such a specialty area, and as we 'move around' from employer to employer, we get to hear the 'interesting patient' stories from others. While names aren't usually mentioned, there's no way to know what some might be saying to others in these circles.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

my dentist only ever meets me when I go for an appoinment, so I wouldnt have changed, bet you hes seen it all before, what do you think he would do close for the day in pure shock because you turned up as Krisi, then after that you could go dressed all the time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kris That reminds me of the Bumper Sticker, ( $#!+ Happens ), >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hope the dental work went well. I feel for you as I just had stitches removed after a tooth broke off and they had to diig out the remaining parts and roots - not fun.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    So the other morning I get up, get myself dressed and all "dolled up" with jewelry and makeup and a nice dress. I sit down with my morning coffee and the phone rings.

It's the dentist office saying that I need to come in for some impressions for dental work I'm having done!

Oh well, take off the clothes and wash off the makeup, change into male clothes, comb my hair and head off to the dentist. By the time I got back home, it was too late to change again.
    Kris,

Why change in the first place? Just go to the dentist all dolled-up as a girl and enjoy. The most important thing is to be yourself. Being yourself will set you free.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Reality Check
    This may be hard for some people to understand, but I live in the real world, not in an Internet group. I have an unwritten agreement with my wife that I won't embarrass her by doing things like going to the dentist dressed as a woman or wearing makeup. Truthfully, this would embarrass me as well.

I only commented to express my disappointment, not to solicit suggestions for lifestyle changes.
    Krisi

I feel your pain. I'm going back when opportunity was limited and I couldn't believe how the phone never rang and things were so calm when I wasn't home. But the one opportunity I would get and the phone would ring, my mother that her furnace suddenly stopped working, my mother in law that her car wound start and she's at the mall, my sister she gets into a car accident. I could go on forever and if you read back I was the biggest person here venting about this. The part I couldn't understand was it always ended up that by the time I got home it was to late and then there would be no opportunity and everything went back to calm and no phone calls. I couldn't believe it and I couldn't understand and have to ask would that phone call have come in if you weren't in the mood to dress. Maybe and it probably wouldn't have been a big deal at that point. But trust me I feel your pain and hopefully better opportunities in the future.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-25-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    This may be hard for some people to understand, but I live in the real world, not in an Internet group. I have an unwritten agreement with my wife that I won't embarrass her by doing things like going to the dentist dressed as a woman or wearing makeup. Truthfully, this would embarrass me as well.

I only commented to express my disappointment, not to solicit suggestions for lifestyle changes.
    Krisi I understand completely about living in the real world. This group is good for being able to say things that you can't, or won't, say to your SO but this the internet, not the real world. The dentist or the assistant working with him might not have said anything but that doesn't guarntee that the receptionist or someone else in the office wouldn't have.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Inconvenient, to be sure, but hardly tragic. You'll have other opportunities to fly.

The bug on the windshield, not so much.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!