Thread: Another successful night out

Another successful night out

Tonight was the last show of my en femme play series. (I had bought a ticket in a play series for which my intention was to show up for every performance dressed as Nancy.) All in all, it was a nice evening out. I logged off of work early so I could get dressed and put on makeup, took the subway into D.C., and arrived in time for a Thai dinner a few blocks from the theater. Despite taking extra long to get ready because I hadn't completely settled on my outfit, everything went well. The waitress called me "ma'am", which still always seems to surprise me, and the man working at the ticket desk recognized my name when I asked for my ticket (under my femme name). It was all gratiifying.

And yet, here it is midnight and time for me to go back to male mode. The play series was to make some Nancy time, because it's so easy to put off an outing, when it conflicts with doing something with my wife. (Joint outings are out of the question. She doesn't want to see me dressed.) And a couple of hours' dressing up doesn't cut it any longer. Dressing up from 5-11 p.m. is barely adequate, and I really prefer getting up, going through my whole day, and going to bed, all in femme-appropriate clothing. When I picked up my theater ticket tonight, it occurred to me that it wouldn't be so bad to volunteer for a job like that, and do it dressed as Nancy. I am getting to where I really would like to interact with people as Nancy, and I believe my voice is close enough that I'm not likely to be called out for being a transvestite. So I guess I need to see what opportunities are available -- preferably not too close to home because of the DADT.

I apologize for my late night rambling. Thank you for putting up with it.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In my experience u can do as much socializing, dressed, as u want, Nancy. At LGBT friendly clubs and bars!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nancy,

Where there's a will there's a way.

Theatre is something on my bucket list.

My wife and I go to a theater that has 6 productions a year. If I'm not mistaken, those in theater are most generally quite accepting of alternative lifestyles. I suspect you would be more than welcome to work/volunteer at the theater. Ours is a community theater so it would be a volunteer position. I've no idea if that is the case at the theater you enjoy. Give it a try.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Nancy, If you don't mind me asking, which theatre?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The more you interact with people, the more confidence you have. With more confidence, going out in public en femme becomes more natural and enjoyable.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Nancy, Good for you! I always enjoy reading your posts
    Crissy

It sounds as if you desire to have one to one interactions dressed as Nancy. I totally understand because I thrive on social interaction. I have to agree with doc on this. Granted the bar scene is not for everyone, and not everyone wants to drink alcohol. Even so, the LGBT friendly places I have visited were great for meeting and talking to people. Women will often pull you into a group just for sitting by yourself. It is amazing.

I know what you mean about short outings not being enough. I hate my outings to end as well, which is why I end up staying out very late when I do go out. If you do go to an LBGT bar, you do not ever have to worry about your voice. No one will care. You just have to trust the people who venture into this space a lot. Just be yourself.

Good luck with all of your future outings.

Sandi