Thread: Interrupted at a bad moment

Interrupted at a bad moment

A few months back, I was mostly dressed (underwear and forms) when a USPS mail carrier knocked on my front door. Through they door they said it was a registered letter requiring my signature, or I could pick it up at the Post Office after the 3-day weekend. I haven't had a registered letter in 10+ years. It was out of the blue and I had no idea what it was.

I threw on a robe, but I was clearly dressed when I opened the door. My black tights and flats were obvious, and I held the neck of the robe closed with one hand, which made my chest even more obvious. I was very nervous and fumbled with the electronic pad, and they eventually offered to sign an X for me. I handed back the pad, and before I closed the door they said "I'm sorry", and they looked like they really meant it. Since then I've been making a point to wave to the mail truck, and they always wave and smile, same as always.

It turned out to be non-urgent paperwork about a late relative's estate, but now that it's over I feel good about the encounter.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 03-26-2023 at 05:54 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Lisa, No good news ever comes with registered mail. I'm sorry you got flustered by the mail person. The mail person for my development doesn't knock on doors, but only leaves the card to go to the post office.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 03-26-2023 at 11:19 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You handled it well and in terms of behavior I suspect much as a woman would. It is good that he was apologetic and it is good that you now treat them more personally. All in all, I think you exhibited an image that was quite female-like. Mission accomplished.

Ahhh....the age old CD question; to open the door or not to open the door.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Platinum Member
    Wow, you must hav been flustered! Well, the postal worker was sympathetic and helpful.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Lisa, Yes the joys of cross dressing, I can only imagine the adrenaline rush! You dealt with it very well, good job! Thanks for sharing, Brenda

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your mail people travel in pairs!?

How can they afford that?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If I?m dressed & order out door dash, sometimes I?m just like F it & go out w my dress & breast forms. Another adventure is ordering alcohol & having to show id. Then they see your pink nail polish 💅

At times I make a point of being dressed when I know I have a tradesperson or a delivery coming to the door.

I like the look on their face if they notice. I also like it when there is not a single eye flutter on them. Like they see this all the time.

Having a reflexing day. With all the truly bad thing you can do. Kill somebody , assault someone, rob a family. Swindle a family out of their life saving. Where does putting on a dress , equate to any of this. It doesn?t hurt anybody. Family are not going to eat tonight because I have tights on ? I am sure the ups man isn?t getting his pay docked because he saw you

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Lisa, No good news ever comes with registered mail.
    This made me smile, it is absolutely true
    Crissy

Shoe shopper
    A situation we all face! You handled it well! Reminds me of a hotel dressing incident I had when the fire alarm went off! My only option was to exit the hotel while dressed. It was my first time out in public!

I could never open the door. My mail carrier is a cousin of my wife. Living in a small town eager to have something to talk about.