Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danger Going Out

Danger Going Out

Do you feel more danger going out with all the Bud Light controversy lately?
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

No. The people who got outraged about the whole Bud Light nonsense weren't ever going to be fans of trans people anyway.

Look, on the whole, it's never been a better time to go out in public dressed. More people are tolerant than ever. That's why certain individuals in certain offices are making such a big fuss over it; they realize they are losing in the cultural wars.

I have been out tons (more than 500) of times and have never had an issue.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

It's my opinion, everyone needs to do risk assessment, period. The advertisement of certain companies decisions are just made, good, bad or indifferent ie power of the purse. I'm keeping simple because a post like this can easily go off the rails. Be safe please.....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Read only
    It wouldn't change my feelings about going out. People aren't hating on trans people - they're hating on a man playing the role of a 6 year old girl, and claiming it to be "womanhood". It's offensive.

The people on this forum generally have an approach of going out to blend, or at least not to try and be an attention seeker.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Me and my friends gave up Coors 50 years ago. So, why would we care about Coors Lite? Who drinks that tasteless sop anyway? Hi schoolers?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

To be sure, the Bud Lite controversy is in the back of my mind when going out. I think one should always be mindful of safety and their surroundings when going out anyway. For me, the Bud Lite controversy just underscores it.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Trans is undoubtedly one of the battlefields in the culture wars currently being waged. Has it made things more dangerous for our community, probably not.

These things only play to those of a certain disposition, those who already have an entrenched viewpoint. I doubt that it sways others towards behaviours likely to impact our community.

Our being out and about, behaving in a polite, "normal" way is perhaps the best antidote, demonstrating we're not as the right wing press would portray us as.

Mod note:

Please be mindful of the "no politics" rules for this section. This topic has been brought up in the Media section where trans rights are discussed.

Platinum Member
    Not really concerned at all. The people who get upset about beer commercials and the footwear chosen for animated candy spokespersons are already angry at life in general. They and the people who manipulate them are just looking for reasons to express it.

I do avoid places where such people congregate, but then I always have.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have gone out since the "Bud Light" controversy started with no issues. Really, I think it is all a tempest in a tea pot.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    No. It has raised my awareness level slightly, but that is probably a good thing.

My recent six day trip, I encountered no issues. Including the hotel stay. A large hotel with a mix of our group of ladies and many traveling families. The hotel staff loved us, and we gave the bar & restaurant much business.
    I try to represent our community in the best positive light.

Emily

Spent 3 days last week on a Michelle vacation. Makeovers, nail salons, hours in the mall, museums, wine bars, fancy restaurants, dive restaurants, hotel check in dolled up. Not a hint of an issue, just nonstop fun.

Hugs, Michelle

I am not concerned with that issue. Sometimes I think about the poor guy in Florida who was sucked into a sink hole and died as he slept in his home. You just never know when your time is up. May as well live it up while you can. No regrets.

Sandi

My getting back into it after a couple of years hiatus fairly coincided with a lot of trans/anti-trans publicity. The Bud Lite thing hasn't changed any of that. I've been out to one extent or another almost every weekend for the past couple of months and, although I am getting used to it again, I'm not nearly as comfortable as I used to be. Probably never will be. The bathroom thing is particularly bothersome to me now. It's actually pretty rare that I have to use the ladies room. I'm can almost always get to a "family" restroom or some kind of unmarked single user restroom. But, when I do have to it takes an extra dose of courage now.

Not really. I think the commercials did bring more attention to trans people, comedian fodder, etc. but I fear police, accidents, road rage, flat tires more.

Banned Read only
    First, I doubt those men blowing up cases of Bud Light probably ever drank Bud Light. It's just a way for them to show their hatred for transgender men and women. I was raised in New York City; went to high school is a less desirable neighborhood; went to college in a neighborhood where the residents experienced a crime rate of 25%; worked for five years in a different crime ridden neighborhood. A person learns to make an assessment of where and when to go. I read a lot of negative comments (actually hateful and disgusting) on-line, but I have not read of any up-tick in overt crimes. Don't get paralyzed with fear. Use common sense.

I only dread getting recognized while out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    First, I doubt those men blowing up cases of Bud Light probably ever drank Bud Light. It's just a way for them to show their hatred for transgender men and women. I was raised in New York City; went to high school is a less desirable neighborhood; went to college in a neighborhood where the residents experienced a crime rate of 25%; worked for five years in a different crime ridden neighborhood. A person learns to make an assessment of where and when to go. I read a lot of negative comments (actually hateful and disgusting) on-line, but I have not read of any up-tick in overt crimes. Don't get paralyzed with fear. Use common sense.
    The reason that theses men are doing this is because they fear that they might be attractive to one of us. Masculinity is extremely fragile, and person or anything that threatens masculinity must be destroyed. That is the thoughts process of the knuckle-dragging Neanderthal macho dude.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    The reason that theses men are doing this is because they fear that they might be attractive to one of us. Masculinity is extremely fragile, and person or anything that threatens masculinity must be destroyed. That is the thoughts process of the knuckle-dragging Neanderthal macho dude.
    That's a frankly ridiculous and offensive comment.

Not really. I live in a fairly liberal part of the country and I am out & about all the time and have not noticed any change at all.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

The people who are blowing up and/or boycotting Bud Light don't hate trans people. They hate the idiot man who's pretending to be a little girl, who coincidentally is offensive to real women, crossdressers, and real trans people everywhere, and they hate the multi-billion dollar corporation who's obviously forgotten who buys their nasty-tasting beer (fratty?? Really?). I'd be boycotting Bud Light too, except that it tastes like urine so I haven't had one in decades.

Charlotte, you're spot-on!

Doc, you realize it's Bud Light and not Coors Light we're talking about here, right?

Bud light; disgusting piss water I'd pour down a toilet if handed one.

Bud light controversy; a popcorn moment to be sure, of a company having a distinct and total lack of understanding of its constituent demographic.

Affect on me; none. There's always going to be haters, and as others have noted you always have to be careful. That's true whether en femme or not. I have only rarely gone out, but when I have it's always in places where it is highly unlikely anything would happen, even if I encountered a hater.

While I don't go out dressed on a regular basis, I have been out a couple of times since the Bud Lite controversy began. Honestly, I NEVER gave it a thought. When I'm out, I'm in retail stores, gas stations, fast food places, and checking in to motels (Holiday Inns, Fairfield Inns). I don't go to bars or other entertainment venues. I believe places I go are as safe as anywhere I could go. During daylight hours I always wear sunglasses for 2 reasons. First, they conceal the fact my makeup skills still need improvement. Second, I can watch facial expressions on people to see if they are reacting poorly to my presentation.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Not at all.
    I never drank Bud Light. I prefer Coors.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I didn't take this bud light thing seriously at first either. They can't even give it away for free. The backlash is over the worst people that represent the trans community, but I think it wouldn't matter even if there was good representation. They just want us gone. Don't under estimate the anti-trans movement. Risk assessment and situational awareness are encouraged. Smh Its sad that some things can't be mentioned.