Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tragedy

Thank you. I can?t say things are better, but all my family lives in this suburb of Ft. Worth.

Sorry about your flooding, hope all the clothes are saved, and thanks for putting the Bee Gees in my head every time I see this thread's title.

I fixed the water issues in my New England basement by planting roses! The rose beds soak up water. I planted a long bed parallel to the house. The basement has been dry for about two years.
    Before that I had a cheap synthetic area rug that I'd use to soak up the water near the basement door. I'd roll it up and stick it in a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket so the water would drain into the bucket.

Of course that would do nothing for the tragedy of 15 inches of water flooding a basement.

definitely wash or dry clean clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Most likely, the clothes need to be washed before you dry them. Water in the basement is not clean.
    before drying out.

Not trying to one up you. Our house/office/warehouse burnt to the ground a couple months ago. 15,000 sq ft. Probably the biggest fire ever in our small suburb. All my favorite girly garments burned, but journals & pics can?t be replaced.

On the bright side I?ve bought new panties that I love, a dress, & new breast forms that are way too big. And as I?m typing my nails are painted pink 💅

Just a final note - Thanks for all the good wishes.

I have returned home and retrieved all my clothing - nothing damaged and no odor on any of it.
    I will wash as I have opportunity, but no panic.
    Susann_Gardener

Glad it worked out as well as it did!!!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    What a nightmare. Hopefully sorted in a few days, with no ongoing issues.

I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you! We recently lost pretty much everything we owned in November due to a house fire I was able to save a few items of clothing and I was able to get the smell out. So I'll share my trick with y'all.
    1 gal Odoban
    1 smaller sized box of baking soda
    1 box of your favorite fabric softener sheets
    1 large Rubbermaid storage container
    Rinse clothing out as best as possible.Dump all ingredients into container except for the dryer sheets and mix. Start putting the clothing items in the mixture while inserting dryer sheets in pockets/socks/anything. Let sit uncovered for 24 hrs gently stirring every few hours or so. Remove after 24 hrs and rinse with water proceed to wash clothes as normal.
    Last edited by Cantcatchabreak; 05-23-2023 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Grammatical error

Cantcatchabreak sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you were able get money through your home owners insurance. I realize that won't make up for everything you lost but it will help you get back on your feet.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!