Thread: In your life path, what have you heard others say about you?

In your life path, what have you heard others say about you?

Interesting comment from daughter yesterday about my CD style. We shared a vacation last summer and I was dressed in the evenings. She mulled it over and over and just now provided more feedback. It turns out I have a dressing style. Naturally when started, tried many over the top outfits, but not comfortable with any of those now.

I have been told I have a style. I didn't know I had a style, but I guess I do. She calls my style "business casual". Hmmm, interesting. I guess when I switch to CD, I kept the comfortable work mode but just changed gender.

So, what have you heard others say about your mode of CDing? Are their comments affirming, or otherwise?

I can think of two times that people have commented which stick in my mind.

First one was when I was sat in the car on the phone home call. A 20 something with what I assumed to be her younger brother or possibly child walked passed, saw me and started to say something which I couldn't hear. I assumed it was abuse but hanging up the call she came to my side window. "You look amazing" Well I wasn't expecting that. The young boy stood there and with a puzzled expression asked, "Are you a man" which of course I replied yes.

Second was when I met up with someone from the forum at a hotel, they were in drab for reasons I'll not explain now. I'd just eaten in the restaurant so was dressed smartly, black A line skirt, matching hose and heels, cream blouse, pearls with accompanying jewellery. Sitting back my companion looks and says, " You look immaculate". Now I'll take that anytime as I hope when out for the night I look like I've taken trouble to look good and not just thrown on any old thing.

SA's have commented on things I've been wearing when out shopping which might just be womanly chit chat but you hope it's genuine admiration. So I hope I do have dress sense and put decent outfits together suitable for the time and place.

Perhaps I should try the fashion of grocery shopping in sleepwear and dressing gown and see how that goes, then again, perhaps not.

Donna, my wife says I dress like the mother of the bride. I of course disagree.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I have been told that my style is tends towards coastal grandmother. Given my age, I think its appropriate
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My wife always says I dress the 80's. Fit n Flare dresses, leggings and crazy 80's styled blouses. She's right.

Some years ago, while we were active in our support group, the wife of another member commented that my style was "Corporate Naughty". She didn't elaborate but I kind of got her meaning.
    That's not me anymore though.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've been told numerous times by friends, strangers and casual acquaintances that they just love my style. I've been described as SASSY and I'll accept that.
    I am SASSY.

I think we all have a style. "Style" is something that most women fall into as a matter of routine. They have found what they like and dislike, which results in a style for them. It works similarly with guys but the term isn't prevalent there.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

aged out soccer mom

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Manikin", "weirdo", and "amazing", r some comments I've heard.

And, quite a few, "Can I buy u a drink" and "Let's video CAM"!

As far as my "style"? That's a joke for a CD with 50 masks, over 100 wigs, and at least a dozen different sized forms and hip/butt pads!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My only other is my wife. She, too, calls my style ?business casual?. I would agree. Pencil skirts, blouses, tops, hose are my go to choices. I have several dresses, all conservative. Comfort is #1. She doesn?t understand how an underwire or hose can be comfortable. I just smile.

Business casual with sexy lingerie underneath......my favorite!!

Years ago my makeup lady said I always looked "regal". I don't know what she saw that looked regal. My typically big roller-set hair maybe. I feel about as far from regal as you can get.

I think I go more for a trailer trash look, like a tart (since I've had the sl.. word censored before). But the only opinion that matters is my wife's. She says my outfits are cute, and I'm cute in them. There ya go.

I've met another member for lunch on several occasions. I was dressed for one meeting. While commenting I would like to blend, I was told that might be difficult. I forget the exact word that was used; but, basically it was in reference to my physique. I'm 5'8" and 190 lbs. I'm not svelte - that's for sure. But, overweight older women are not at all uncommon. There is that.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

From being the transition stage to now (approx 5 years on HRT) I have heard everything from 'f***ing tranny' and 'Look at that man dressed as a woman' to 'you look just like a real woman' and 'I thought you were a woman'!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

When I buy certain things, my wife says "that looks girly.." umm.. that's kind of the point.. My current "style" is skinny jeans and a bodysuit or t shirt with various types of footwear. I've been wearing certain outfits to work, and although im not out yet, im slowly giving subtle hints over time.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

I hear crickets.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    One of my best friends says " I'm going to lose my CrossDresser's license" if I continue to dress well.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Yes, at work and it wasn’t very nice unfortunately.
    Last edited by Lisa55; 03-31-2023 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Correction in spelling

Nothing, I am pretty much a closet case. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aka_Donna View Post
    So, what have you heard others say about your mode of CDing? Are their comments affirming, or otherwise?
    My GG friends tell me I have style. I like how I look.

On my recent flight to Raleigh, I had two compliments on my booties, two on my patterned tights, and another woman walked up to me and said "you look very nice."

Last nice, two SAs at Nordstrom said they liked my sequined dress, my friend Karla who went with me to see the musical Tootsie said I should have bought her the dress too, and the waitress at the Cheesecake Factory said she loved it too.

I've only heard compliments in the 6+ years I've been going out.

P.S. My GG friend Michelle likes to borrow some of my clothes.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I only wear lingerie and nightgowns but if I dressed in public I would dress like a business woman or a woman attending a wedding. Dress, hose, heels and pretty makeup! The more feminine the better!