Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for FtMs: Need a Name for New Section

Lightbulb Question for FtMs: Need a Name for New Section

Guys,

It's been suggested (and approved) that we have a separate FtM section for posting stuff that's just for us, and that the regular FtM forum can be for others to also communicate with us. This way we can share and interact with MtFs, GGs, etc. regarding topics that concern us, plus still have an area where we can post things that's meant just for us. So, now we need a name for this new area and are hoping to get some ideas from you.

Some of the names bandied about so far are:

Boy's Clubhouse
    Men's Club
    The Locker Room

Please let us have your suggestions :callme: and then Kells and I will vote on it. Thanks.
    Last edited by CaptLex; 04-13-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Guys,

It's been suggested (and approved) that we have a separate FtM section for posting stuff that's just for us, and that the regular FtM forum can be for others to also communicate with us. This way we can share and interact with MtFs, GGs, etc. regarding topics that concern us, plus still have an area where we can post things that's meant just for us. So, now we need a name for this new area and are hoping to get some ideas from you.

Some of the names bandied about so far are:

Boy's Clubhouse
    Men's Club
    The Locker Room

Please let us have your suggestions :callme: and then Kells and I will vote on it. Thanks.
    oooh can i suggest as well as pick hehee

The guys domain lol

Quote Originally Posted by kells
    oooh can i suggest as well as pick hehee

The guys domain lol
    Absolutely! The more suggestions, the better. Did I forget anything, Kells?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Absolutely! The more suggestions, the better. Did I forget anything, Kells?
    nope your doing a fine job, whilst im being lazy and nursing a hang over!!

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    I like Boy's Clubhouse. No girls allowed!
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    How about Mens Room?

Platinum Member
    Big boys lounge???

I still like the locker room

great idea about haveing our own room

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    great idea about haveing our own room
    well get thinking of names young man!!!

i dunno
    little boys room
    mens u united
    mens changeing room
    boys den

sorry there so lame but im no good at ideas

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    i dunno
    little boys room
    mens u united
    mens changeing room
    boys den

sorry there so lame but im no good at ideas
    hey they aint lame....i like Boys den.........keep em coming

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Where the wild men grow.

How about

Boys to Men

Hunks or Us

The Muscle Club
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P
    How about

Boys to Men

Hunks or Us

The Muscle Club
    thanks for you input shelley but as the thread suggests we want the boys to think for themselves for a change come up with their own name!!

Here's what I came up with. I'm still trying to think of a few more.

Gents Guild
    Gentlemens Club
    League of Men
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood
    Where the wild men grow.
    That's pretty cool, Aaron. I also like the Gentlemen's Club (makes me think of brandy and cigars), the League of Men (wasn't that a movie with Sean Connery?), the Muscle Club and Man Hood. Lots of pretty interesting titles so far. I think it's going to be hard to choose. Any others?

The Boys of Summer?... the summer doesn't make much sense, though... God, this is just a post for the sake of it. I have not idea what a good name would be X_X, though I do like Lex's idea (Boys only) Boys boys boys, or It's rainin' men.. though they sound like slightly rude names, though they are excellent songs. Okay, I'm going to shut up now.

Thumbs down

I know I said I was shutting up, but I still have something to say. -_-"

I do think the exclusiveness on this forum is a bit excessive. I mean, it's nice to have your own place to talk, but to exclude other people from it feels a little wrong. I mean, isn't that what the internet (and forums) are about? Sharing ideas? And if in one of the best forums (in my opinion) only a certain kind of people are allowed to. I mean, to me, that kind of defeats the purpose of having a forum, and fosters a kind of single/closed minded thinking, eventually.
    There are already quite a few barriers and hurdles to jump on this forum, mostly based on labels. Who's an FtM, MtF, GG. I can see the usefulness in labeling. People mentally HAVE to do that, or we actually become incapable of functioning, socially and otherwise. But all the same, the crossdressers more then anybody should know this, there is such a wide spectrum of people, and the lines between who's one thing and who's another becomes confusing, at least for me.
    Enough of that psychology. My point is, this particular section of the forum should not exsist. It'll just promote this kind of labelling and exculsion which, I think, will only be discouraging to quite a few people on this forum. What do we really need a "personal" place JUST for ftms for? I mean, lets be honest, there is barely any "visiting" from the other parts of the the forum, except for three or four of the mtfs or GGs, really. There is a whole Yahoo communities already devoted to it. What do we really have to hide? Do we REALLY need to take restrictiveness to the next level? It seems ridiculous, to me, and I really am not going to want to participate in it.

Platinum Member
    Sparro, we are not closing the rest of the FTM forum to the girls, they can join in when ever they want but we feel there might be delicate stuff that boys might want only other boys to hear and comment on so there will be a sub-section to show this.....i for one have transitioning issues which i have approached yet because the girls can comment and intervene......we get alot of the girls commenting when it is quite obviously not relevent to them, and to be honest it can get quite tedious as a mod telling the girls that they their answers are not wanted on that particular thread.......this one little sub section will stop that

Quote Originally Posted by sparro
    I know I said I was shutting up, but I still have something to say. -_-"

I do think the exclusiveness on this forum is a bit excessive. I mean, it's nice to have your own place to talk, but to exclude other people from it feels a little wrong. . . . Do we REALLY need to take restrictiveness to the next level? It seems ridiculous, to me, and I really am not going to want to participate in it.
    Sparro,

I know how you feel. I really do. I don't like exclusion and segregation myself and I was hesitant and concerned about this new forum for that reason, but if some people feel they need it, then I won't object.

On the one hand, I like to see MtFs and GGs participate in our discussions because I think this brings us together as a community on this forum, but on the other hand, as Kells pointed out, we get tired of pointing out to some people (I think it's mostly newbies who don't take the time to read and may not be used to seeing an FtM section) that some of our posts are directed only for FtMs so we can discuss mutual concerns and get to know each other better. So, this is a compromise. A way to have it both ways - an area where others can communicate with FtMs and another area where FtMs can feel free to let loose.

Right now I see this as an experiment and we'll see where it goes and if it works. I appreciate your voicing your opinion on this subject (and I welcome all others) and I hope you will participate, but if you don't want to, I respect that too.

I was originally not going to post, as I respect the fact that this thread is FTM only, but since it has deviated I now feel free to voice my opinion.

On this forum, for labels sake, I have called myself a GG, which actually doesn't make any sense, First of we should be called Genetic Females, secondly FTM's genetically are Females, even post-op your genetics still say you are Female. So the term in itself needs re-working. I have referred to myself as such even though I do not necessarily agree, I can consider myself a casual crossdresser, I see no harm in that, and I do not believe that de-validifies me. Just like in public or with casual friends, I call myself a Lesbian, even though I am not. So I can't join the treehouse club because I'm different. Well that doesn't seem fitting.

I understand that sometimes it can be tedious to keep a thread FTM only. And I've witnessed when some people start posting without reading, but for example the MTF that posted on this thread for name ideas, what was the harm. Sure, she should have read the thread title a little more clearly but it was just an attempt to help the FTM side. It's YOUR choice whether you take the suggestion or not, so in the end it's still the FTM choosing their own name.

When it comes to sharing of ideas, I think the FTM side is more or less ignored, and I've oftened been saddened that more "GG's" and MTF's don't share more with us. It allows the threads to stagnate, in opposition to the MTF side where things are in constant motion.

I will sit back and allow the forum to pass judgment on whether I "count" or not, and take the verdict for whichever it is. I'm not opposing the new thread, I am just stating my opinion. I have high regards for this forum, and I do not intend to insult anyone, either with this post or others. If I have been shy about how I identify I apologize for being unclear, but if things in my head are fuzzy can I really be blamed. I'm sure we've all been there.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

Hunks

Banned Read only
    Why not "The League Of Gentlemen" ?
    Not from the comedy sketch show but from the film of the same name about a group of post ww2 ex soldiers who use their expertise to commit an audacious robbery that almost succeeds.

I'm just going to add my 2p in here in regards to having a private section. We have a private GG forum, if it wasn't for this forum, I'm pretty sure a lot of the GG's here wouldn't be were they are today in their relationship. We also have a GM forum, now I don't personally know what goes on in there, I'm excempt from viewing it. But I know there are a lot of members in that section, so it was obviously needed.

Having a private section for the FTM's IMHO is a good idea. Although they are biologically females, they like to be classed as males. They also have things they want to discuss privately, we all do. Having private sections hasn't stopped any of us posting anywhere else, if anything (and I'm going on the stats) the GG's of this forum are now thriving in many threads out in the open. If anything, having others to talk to privately, boosts their confidence, brings them closer to other members and they learn how to interact much better within the rest of the forum.

I'm all for it, it's an excellent idea. Even if it's not used a lot, you know it's going to be there when and if you ever need to get your private thoughts out.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG

I'm all for it, it's an excellent idea. Even if it's not used a lot, you know it's going to be there when and if you ever need to get your private thoughts out.
    Yeah Guys just a place were you can go..just like that late night phone call to your best mate. when you just need to talk to someone in convidance
    Carolinexx
    [SIZE="2"]Caz[/SIZE]