Thread: Enlightenment is a beautiful thing!

Enlightenment is a beautiful thing!

After responding to the thread which asked the question about the possible impact of the general public's discussion of gender dysphoria, I thought I'd share this recent experience which actually shows there ARE exceptions to the public's sometimes "herd mentality":

Last week I began my annual Spring ritual of getting a full Brazilian wax along with waxing my legs. My usual aesthetician wasn't available, and I noticed that the young lady who would be doing the waxing seemed a little nervous. Once I'd gotten undressed and, on the table, she confessed that I was the first transwoman she'd met, and wondered if it was ok if she asked me some questions. I said "shoot"!

I noticed right away that her questions all seemed to be focused more on the psychological rather than the physiological aspects of my transition - especially on how well my family and friends accepted my transition - and if I ever struggled with being open and honest about who I was. I finally asked if it would be OK if I asked HER a question. She said "yes". So, I asked: "are YOU struggling with being open and honest about who you are"? She nodded, and I could see she was about to tear-up. I asked her if she'd like to talk to someone who might be able to help her begin to figure out the important things in her life. She nodded again. I forwarded my gender therapists number to her cell phone and suggested that she give her a call. Although I've not needed to see my therapist in quite a while, I've always kept her number handy - and I was so happy on that day that I did!

The young lady gave me a hug as I was leaving, and we both started laughing when she said, "it's obvious that a penis doesn't make a man, because YOU are a woman"!

Enlightenment is a beautiful thing...I've never been more convinced that my decision to live my true life was the correct one than at that moment. I hope her life ahead is a happy one and that maybe she'll want to keep me along for support. We'll see!
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Very nice post

Platinum Member
    That is a wonderful and insightful experience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Yes, nice post. I think in the current climate of hostility there are two things negative things happening; one, there is overt hostility towards men and women who have already declared their identities, and secondly there are now many men and women who are choosing to suffer in the closet because of that negativity. I hope your conversation and referral number has a positivity for her.

That is a wonderful encounter. I'm glad you could help the young lady.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That was quite insightful of you to ask your question. I suspect that may have been a big help for her. With luck, she will contact the therapist.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Shawna,

That is a wonderful story. You must have been on cloud 9 for quite a while afterwards.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I am extremely excited for her. About an hour ago, she sent me a text to say that she has an appointment with my therapist this coming Thursday afternoon!
    Last edited by char GG; 04-08-2023 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful story Shawna.
    Made my day!

Emily

So excellent, Shawna. Goes to show there is another side to all of this political noise. And it is found at the interpersonal level. The place where people actually live.

How truly awesome that was. So neat you were able to help like that.

Thank you for sharing this. You made my morning.

Yes it is. This thing has happened to me a many times. I guess it part of being out.

I refer them to the center. A local place, it's for all , and were the support group I'm part of meets as well as all the others.

So good that you were able to help. Sometimes it's just listening.

Love Jean

Shawna, such a wonderful story and great outcome. The "lame stream media" loves to build a mountain out of a mole hill for ratings. On the personal level people can be very accepting.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

It's really nice story and it is nice to see that we can all help each over