Thread: Dilemma

Banned Read only

Dilemma

So I'm in a real dilemma right now. I guess I haven't shared too much in this forum so you need a little background history to understand.

I started dressing back when I was about 11-12 when I used to wear my mom's and sister's heels and clothes. I kept doing it completely in secret from my family for a couple of years until puberty filled me with testosterone and killed my curiosity for dressing.

The important part of this history is that during those years of being 100% testosterone filled I gained weight and I've been chubby since then.

Now we're in 2007, I'm 26, I'm out of college, I have a job, and I got my own apartment. I start living alone, I have money from my new job, and most importantly I begin to re-develop the curiosity for my femenine side. So I decided to not suppress those feelings and I begun to buy dresses, heels, lingerie, breast forms, you name it. I had the money, I was living alone, no kids, no ongoing serious relationship, so it was kinda the right time to embrace that side of me.

Long story short, we're in 2023, I'm 42 and I have lots and lots of clothing from all these years becoming Roxanne, however now I've also decided that I want to live longer so I'm actively trying to get healthy and part of that is losing several pounds.

So here's my dilemma: my plan is to reach my ideal weight by the end of this year, which by the way things are progressing is very plausible, but if I do that I won't be able to wear any of the clothes I've been collecting throughout these years.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if I could donate the clothes to someone, but I don't know any females my size or others CDs where I live (I'm from South America).

Any ideas? I don't want to throw the clothes in the garbage.

Hi, Roxxxi! Are there any churches or other humanitarian organizations that you can donate the clothing to? Your profile picture is gorgeous, btw!
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Platinum Member
    Surely there are clothing resale/thrift stores or their equivalent. And I suppose if not, you could simply have a rummage sale. If anyone were to ask, you could simply say you are helping a relative get rid of unwanted clothes.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You might try what I did - I bought a sewing maching off ebay for about $100. I wear a fairly tight corset and like reasonably big breast forms so I measure 43, 30,42 so need about a size US 16 to go over my boobs and then the waist is way too big. I wouldn't want to try to make a dress from scratch but taking in clothes is easy - just put them on, pinch / pin them to how you like them to fit, draw a few lines on the outside (as you'll cut the material with the lines drawn off), take them off, cut just past the lines you drew, turn the garment inside out and sew it up. I don't think the royal family here will employ me as a royal dressmaker but after a few trials and errors, I've made some pretty impressive kit. Likewise, I'm very tall so have extnded some dresses into proper maxi floor length maxis by buying 2 items the same and extending one of them that I could never buy off the shelf long enough. Very satisfying.

Yes, get a sewing machine. I learned to sew to alter hem my guy clothes, as I'm really short and nothing fits.
    I have a really nice sewing area with multiple machines to do anything I needed.
    Then I started buying women's XS clothes and found I could wear anything I wanted off the rack!

Amazon is a good place to buy machines if you can afford a popular model with a ton of good reviews.
    If that is too expensive I'd check out the thrift stores. I avoid eBay when the item is big and heavy as shipping will be expensive.

Unless you have a feminine figure or wear pads some alterations would really help to make you look better.

Marion

I am with Miaron, with a little practice taking in seams is easy. I have refashioned some tank tops and nightgowns. Fun to.

Kaycie

If you don't have a sewing machine--use fabric glue or hot glue. That is until you find a sewing machine.

Roxxxi,

I've had skirts were the zip has needed replacing so I've taken them to a repair/alterations shop. Go enfemme and they'll use you as the mannequin, pin it to size and then sew as necessary. Not the cheapest option but things will fit you exactly.

Personally, I would donate them all to a charity shop or thrift store, if you have such a thing down there?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Thanks for all the ideas.

I'm inclined to just donate the clothes to some charity, they might find someone who could give the clothes a proper use.

find a seamstress or tailor
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxxi View Post
    Thanks for all the ideas.

I'm inclined to just donate the clothes to some charity, they might find someone who could give the clothes a proper use.
    This is a good idea, Roxxxi. The charity will benefit, and so will the people who buy the clothing. Times are tough and more and more people are turning to charity stores in order to make ends meet.

Agree with the suggestions to donate to charity. Maybe Goodwill? Hopefully somebody will find your castoffs as a great find.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Giving the clothing to a charity sounds like a wonderful idea Roxxi. Hopefully you'll share pictures of your transition with us, if you don't mind. Here's hoping that you are able to get down to the weight you want to be.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

It's good to know that the will go to a good cause. Good for you. Brenda

How much weight, sorry. How many sizes are you going down ? One size isn?t much of a problem. Three or four ,you really can?t take that much in. It will never look right. With all our problems fitting in. One doesn?t need ill fitting clothes to boot . Donate to a good cause Start buying new clothes,, gives you a gold to fit your clothing

Maybe donate them to a shelter or thrift store?