Thread: From shame to Body posativity

From shame to Body posativity

On my way to the supermarket and I saw an underwear shop with 70% off. (side note: my gal pal (F.A.B) has lost a lot of weight and gave me her old bras, which are very nice but I need some panties to go with them.) When I saw the shop window they had some panties to go with my new bras, but I could bring myself to go in, and I felt ashamed to go in. But when I got home I found they had a website, even though they didn't have the sexy one I sore in the window, they had the right colour in cotton while shopping on their website I also saw they had a thong on their website, and was curious, so I ordered one. And after it arrived and I tried them it made me look very pretty and it made me happy about how my body looked. It was a big shift from Shame to feel happy about how my body looked

Good for you

That is great news and a rewarding experience. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Some of us r fortunate to have somewhat female shaped bodies.

Others of us aren't satisfied with ours, but insist on creating attractive female sfigures anyway!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-14-2023 at 12:59 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That is great that you are happy with how your body looked!
    Who knows, maybe one day you will have the confidence to buy the one in the shop window!

Marion

Sammy congratulations on going from shame to happy with yourself! That is outstanding. Keep it up, girlfriend.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

thank you for sharing, this is something that i struggle with also.
    Keep taking small steps and one day you will be surprised at how far you have traveled.

Sammy, I'm glad you were able to find something you wanted online. Eventually you'll enter the shop in person.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sammy, We understand, we have all been there. I feel it may be easier the first time or the first few times to get some panties or lingerie of any kind at a department store. You can “accidentally” have wandered through there, also go at when it may be quiet.
    You will be surprised your confidence will build quickly.
    Dani, This is for you too!
    Crissy

Congrats on the progress! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I totally understand all the feelings of going to the store to shop for yourself. I have become very comfortable shopping at my local Torrid shop for myself while in drab. My desire for dress has started to out weigh my fear of what others might say. Yet I still can't stroll into Victoria's Secret to shop. I find that place very intimidating. Thank goodness for online.

Maybe start by just walking in for a second and get a feel for the place. I have found the sales associates are very helpful and just want to make a sale.

Overcoming the shame we sometimes feel is a major step in accepting yourself and your full identity. Shame is one of the major blockages that tend to keep us immobilized in our ability to express that which we sense about who we are. Shame also creates fear which is part of the dysphoria we experience. Cut off the shame and the fear declines. It is part of the "I have a right to be me" realization. Nevertheless, if that shame has been there for a long time and creates its own sense of it being normal to feel shame, it will tend to fight your push to reduce its presence and impact. It takes awhile to reduce shame to a low level or get rid of it altogether because your brain has become accustomed to that shamefulness being there and it considers that normal for you. It doesn't change quickly but it will shift away from that mode of operation the more you counter its effects. Another way to think of it is that you are healing from a long time of feeling ashamed of yourself for thinking and reacting in that way. Always remember, you brain does not naturally know what is normal; it only maintains that which tends to work best at avoiding conflicts. Sort of like a habit that is hard to break. Your brain is very good at adapting to new information you provide it and countering shame is new information and a new way of viewing your world.

(addition: CDMargaret's post which popped in while I was doing mine offers a great way to approach this - step by step and often baby steps is the way to get your brain to change the way it operates in these situations. Great advice she offered.)
    Last edited by GretchenM; 04-14-2023 at 07:11 AM.

It?s so easy today to shop on line. If you don?t know your size .Just buy a one item, and try it on at home, wear it a few days. Wash it. Then you know to keep that size, go up a size or two or down a size. Repeat Untill you have your proper size.
    Name brand have 6 packs. Not so cute but a weeks supply.

Thanks for all the positivity, I will try to keep building up been able to go into shops, one step at a time