Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do we venture out of the house crossdressed?

The answer for me is that I'm much too much of a coward to go out totally en femme and anyway am sure my wife would flip her lid!
    My body would hardly be convincing dressed in female attire and not particulary pretty.
    However, I'm crazy about sexy lingerie of all sorts and just love to go out sometimes; seeing how many different items I dare to ware under my man clothes. This gives me a huge thrill and keeps me excited during otherwise ordinary shopping trips.

How about to feel normal?

I don't got out, but if I did I'd paraphrase George Mallory: "Because out is there."

Because I am dressed retry and want to show off to others.

Platinum Member
    Hi Camille , It's just who we are, and it is Just what we Do,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    After all these years, I am still not able to answer this one. As simply a crossdresser, I would have no need to ever venture out of the house dressed. other than for fun.

As a trans individual the reasons are very different. I guess. on that basis, the desire will never leave me. How ever many times I try to tell myself I am simply a cross dresser. I am clearly low on the trans spectrum, I continue to live as I do and will likely remain forever where I am wrt trans. I have so much else in my life.

Years ago, crossdressing and going out together was kind of a bedroom game with myself and now-ex. But her own increasing insecurities and developing homophobia and transphobia put the kibosh on all that after a few years.

Now, with her long gone, I'm having the best fun I've ever had. About six months ago, I took the plunge and I splurged on some new wigs, clothes, makeup, and jewelry that fit my own style, and practiced manicure and makeup techniques on my own. Long story short, I'm now going out solo every week, whether it's for shopping, seeing a movie, or to a bar to see a drag show.

I don't delude myself in thinking that I'm completely passable, with or without a facemask on. But I can be blendable. I'm also a natural introvert - curmudgeon really - who normally gives a 'stay away' vibe when in drab. But when I present as a woman, the number and tone of social interactions has been absolutely off the charts! It forces me to think and act outside my usual comfort zone. But it's also super fun and exhilarating, almost addictive, and I'm having a blast.

I'd do it more often if it didn't take so long (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours) to make myself presentable and if I didn't have a PITA neighbor who always camps out on her porch (with an unobstructed view of my front door) while chain smoking and playing on her phone. I already have a couple of new trans friends who've been gently encouraging me to practice more so that I can perform in drag shows this year.
    Last edited by Sara Ann; 05-01-2023 at 03:04 PM.

1. It ups my game. - not really, although I will put in more of an effort

2. Better photos. - more like Outdoor photos with the sun shining, trees or other people.

3. More room. No

4. Chance for positive interactions.- Huge yes on this one, i reach so much positive to a complement than I do on a negative comment. It lifts my spirits up so much !

5. Unexpected surprises -
    6. To be seen. - I will combine these two together, but will restate it as “To Interact” - big yes to this as well, when I am out and about , I am living rather than existing.

7. Thrill. - Early on this would be a yes, but not so much anymore.

8. Memories. Yes (this is why we take lots of pictures )

I'm not a deep thinker or an introspective person; so, I'm not sure why I go out cross dressed. I left home a week ago on Friday to take an Honor Flight. It was far enough away that I needed to stay overnight the night before the flight. I left home 100% dressed minus my wig as I didn't want a neighbor to see me with the wig on. I drove about 8 miles up the road, pulled into a post office parking lot, and put my wig on. I then stopped for gas, did a bit of shopping, had dinner at a fast food place, and finally checked into the Fairfield Inn. I enjoyed the experience although I didn't have a lot of interaction with others, I did have some.

I suspect the enjoyment comes from being able to wear what I like and what feels good outside of my own home. I know I'm not fooling anyone that is close enough to talk with. Maybe from 50' away they don't realize I'm faking it. Nonetheless, I'm now in the habit of wearing femme outer clothing somewhere around 50% of the time. I figure since I sleep en femme every night, that accounts for 33% of the time. I generally change from drab to bra, forms, stockings, and a dress about 8 pm most nights. Anyway, I spend a lot of time dressed - just not a lot of time out and about. I believe this was only my 7th journey out in public. If I could go outside at will dressed en femme and not cause my wife embarrassment, I'd want to dress 24/7. But, that isn't practical. My neighbors probably would not be accepting of me and that would greatly affect my wife. Anyway, I guess the answer to why is because it's enjoyable. That's as deep as I go.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I would love to be able to go out as Diana but I am just to scared to do it local. I have thought about going to a big city and trying it there where nobody knows me.

I venture out of the house crossdressed because I can.

I can't leave the house fully Femme (I have a beard for a start!) and my Wife is non-supportive
    However, most days I walk the dog completely dressed in female clothes (Underwear, jeans & top) with just unisex wellie boots and a coat/zippy (one of my coats is a woman's one) and during the summer I will wear shorts and boat shoes with a dress and zippy up top - when I get into the woods I take the zippy off and let the dress down which is a wonderful feeling.
    Yesterday I had to go to the supermarket so wore a padded bra, jeans and a chequered shirt/blouse with my brown Chelsea boots and a coat that I left unzipped around the shop. It felt so liberating and thrilling to drive there with my coat off and to wander around dressed fully en femme - even if I was presenting as male.

the only strange look I got was from a van driver as I got out of my car and put my coat on - I wonder if he caught a glimpse of my black bra under my red shirt - he did a double take and smiled at me sweetly, which was nice.
    I bought a really lovely flowery sundress in the sale for ?12 and the shop assistant didn't bat an eyelid when I asked her to take the tag out

There is always the worry that I might have a car accident/breakdown when I am dressed, as that would cause real issues for my wife, so I drive much more cautiously! I would definitely not ride my Motorbike under-dressed for that reason!

I love the thrill of doing something subversive, I love the fact that most people don't notice/care, I love how the clothes interact with your body differently and remind you that you are dressed and I love how I feel when dressed

The next challenge is to drive en-femme with the roof down...