Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflections

Reflections

The other day as I was finishing my makeup I stopped and just looked in the mirror.
    I realized that one of the reasons I love expressing this side of myself is that I finally feel attractive. I suppose that I never really felt that way as a male, but I almost always do as a female. Now I don't profess to say that I'm of model quality, or would turn a head on the street, but internally I do Feel Pretty.

Do many others find this to be a reason for their dressing?

Do you feel this way ??

Swan reflection.jpg
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm still trying to understand my reasons after reading what you say it's something that kinda makes sense to me. I think you have a valid point

Cheryl, Absolutely. I feel pretty when dressed en femme.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Yes, the joy of felling "pretty" is certainly a big actor. One of the BIG "bonuses" , as my PRIMARY motive is to take a vacation AWAY from myself and maleness. (even if it is just a few hours). This allows me to De-Stress and completely relax and unwind-- effectively becoming "another person", entirely, free from my personal worries and obligations and also the obligations and duties of just being a man. But knowing I am "pretty" is an EXTRA benefit I enjoy and get pleasure from along with an erotic component, both of these being my initial motivating factors, before discovering the ESCAPE/RELAXING benefits. They still are with me and are the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 04-24-2023 at 07:32 AM.

Couldn't agree more. I rarely take a second glance in the mirror in drab. I always feel refreshed and prettier when dressing . The mirror image is so much more attractive to me and helps me feel contented and younger .

I think I look thinner in most dresses and I do think I look better with makeup (longer hair makes me look younger)

One of the reasons I dress is that I feel pretty inside. Like others said, it just feels right. Definitely relieves stress. I would say its cheaper than going to a psychologist but when I add up all my purchases probably not. LOL

Cheryl I'm no head turner but I do love to fell pretty, there is a certain freedom to dressing and expressing my femininity. It's very liberating.
    Jill

Banned Read only
    I do not know why I wear women's clothing. That will forever remain a mystery. However, my choice of daywear is always a pretty dress. I am draw to colors and prints, especially floral designs. My face is an aging wreck so I choose not to get too close to a mirror. I'm also drawn to pretty full slips with lots of lace at the hem and bodice. I love pretty nylon nightgowns. I cannot ascribe the word "sexy" to how I feel. I feel more at ease; a tranquil feeling.

As to the male side of my brain I also like to express myself with colors and prints. Male pants are sort of boring. I tend to graphic tee shirts. When I was still working in a professional office I always wore a color dress shirt and a tie with a pattern or design; never a boring white shirt with solid red tie. There has always been a consistent draw to bright colors; attire and even gardening with flowers.

Yes when I dress up make up the works, I feel pretty and enjoy those times. as a guy I really do not make an effort, it is just another day. But when I have a chance to enjoy my girl side I make the effort and look forward to it. It really is something I enjoy and look forward too.

Platinum Member
    I think so. I am indifferent about my male appearance, but while I wish I was 40 years younger, I still like how I look in Kimberly mode.

And then I thought of this:

Attachment 335240
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe pretty and beauty r in the eye of the beholder.

So, I try to look sexy and attractive for just one person, me!

If others see what I do in my mirror, I'm happy. Because it helps confirm what I think I see!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For sure. No doubt about it. One of several reasons. So enjoyable.

Oh yes Cheryl. I believe that I look and feel attractive as Fiona and it makes me look younger as well!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    Yes, the joy of felling "pretty" is certainly a big actor. One of the BIG "bonuses" , as my PRIMARY motive is to take a vacation AWAY from myself and maleness. (even if it is just a few hours). This allows me to De-Stress and completely relax and unwind-- effectively becoming "another person", entirely, free from my personal worries and obligations and also the obligations and duties of just being a man. But knowing I am "pretty" is an EXTRA benefit I enjoy and get pleasure from along with an erotic component, both of these being my initial motivating factors, before discovering the ESCAPE/RELAXING benefits. They still are with me and are the icing on the cake.
    Could not agree more, I feel so free and relaxed when dressed. I'm still finding my path and figuring things out

Hi Cheryl, Mirrors bring two feelings to me when dressed, a peace and affirmation once I have my self put together that I am pretty, and sadness when I begin to undress in front of the mirror, that heavy sigh. In guy mode it is "Do I have anything in my teeth and did I comb my hair." I like the picture, the reflection is what I believe/want to see. Sometimes I think we are all too hard on ourselves. Thanks, Brenda

i feel like a petite flower....mirrors always prove that wrong.....funny coincidence, yesterday i was invited to the jersey shore art center

they had an open house for the artist studios in the building....a past tennent was a dance group....covid did them in....the building is the old neptune high school.

the door was open and i wandered in to take in the view from the second floor....well when i went to go i turned around and saw my reflection in the ceiling to floor dance mirrors that they had in the room.

well you know there is nowhere to hide and the walk was affirming....i really hadnt looked all that bad....i had a monocromatic look, black jacket, black flaired sweater under, black bell jeans, black cole haun flatz....i felt good about myself and kicking myself for not taking a quik pic of myself....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

That's how I feel too Cheryl, very much so.

Like many, I don't know what it is that drives me to want to dress up, but when I finally have an opportunity to take it all the way with hair and makeup, I very much enjoy what I see in the mirror and I do actually feel .. pretty!
    In male mode, and even while I am doing my makeup, I do not look in the mirror more than I absolutely have to, because I know what I am going to see and I do not particularly like it. Doing my makeup, I use a small magnifying mirror, so I cant really see my face anyway, so not until I am done and I finally look up, now I like what I see.

I am quite happy being a man in my daily life, and I am honestly also quite happy not having to go through the makeup routine every day. But when I do make that switch, the satisfaction with the completely different face looking back at me in the mirror, gives me a joy that I just cannot find words for.

- Suz

I don't know that I feel pretty, though I really like how I look after having makeup done at the Girls Night Out in Mar. I'm getting it done again at the three day event next month. As I said I don't know that I feel pretty, but I do feel that it is right, normal and natural to be dressing in women's clothes. I'm looking forward to being able to be dressed en femme for the three days next month. I also plan on attending the rest of the Girls Nights Out through the end of the year. After attending the first one in Mar I feel really happy and comfortable around other CD'ers. I seriously doubt I have the courage to ever go out on my own.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Spot on, the other day my gf was complimenting in guy mode (handsome). I'd had yelled from down the hallway " thank you hun, but I look better in a dress." Lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

OH I just love your cartoon picture. Really made me laugh out loud. I feel exactly the same way. Male mode yukky and drop dead gorgeous dressed. Well maybe warmed over dead...lol. But then I am my worst critic.

We are all our worst critics.
    The mirror can be friend or foe, but I have tended to grow closer to the woman I see staring back at me over the last few years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I never feel that I am attractive as a male. I just am. I am pleased with the way I look as a female.
    I have noticed that looking at my self in the mirror dressed as a girl, I see me. I see someone that looks like I feel inside. I realized that looking in a mirror at my male self is somewhat like looking at someone else. Hard to explain, but the first time that I realized this, I had to wonder if I have always seen a stranger in the mirror while most others see themselves. I never realized it until I looked at myself dressed up and realized the experience was different than it always was dressed as a male, a stranger.

I definitely get a feeling, such that I purposely don't look at my whole facial presentation until I'm complete, just to get that "wow" feeling. For me, though, I don't know that I look so good, but that I look so different -- fairly unrecognizable from my usual self. Even if I have been out dressed for a few hours, I sometimes catch my reflection in a mirror and think, "is that really me?"
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

I seem to do it subconsciously. My wife pointed it out a few times when she sees me grinning or smirking at my self in the mirror. At times when fully dressed with makeup and all I sometimes look in the mirror and can't believe how amazing I look. Or I may be that ugly duckling seeing a beautiful dove. Whatever the case I liked what I saw and that's pretty much all that matters. Right? Thanks for sharing your thoughts I enjoyed reading how everyone feels about this.